Browns sign RB D'onta Foreman

exciter

Reaction score
Doubt they’ll be one worth trading for after the draft.
After the draft there will be some teams with a new RB wanting to dump the salary of a back under contract who’ll trade cheap not the take the dead cap just like Gilmore and. Cooks last year. Dallas will most likely be one of the first teams they call!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After the draft there will be some teams with a new RB wanting to dump the salary of a back under contract who’ll trade cheap not the take the dead cap just like Gilmore and. Cooks last year. Dallas will most likely be one of the first teams they call!
The only possible way we trade for a back would be during the season if we run into real problems running the ball. We never make trades after the draft.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Reminds me on the days we couldn’t get a safety. All we had was Ken Hamlin, then “our guys” like Alan Ball, lol. This teams can’t just be balanced.

CWR

Reaction score
I agree. It would be nice to at least sign 2-3 new players
It's perplexing. I don't believe the whole rebuild theory. I don't think Jerry has the gut for it. I think its basically a soft cap reset. I also think they are either looking for a deal (ish) with Dak OR they wait and see what Lance can do. We've all written him off, but I think this was their plan when they got him.

I dont know, you would think they'd push their chips in at least once before calling it.

We are set up for a 8-9, 9-8 type of season. If that happens 2025 we'll have a new staff and probably Trey Lance or someone new at the helm. We should have a mid range draft pick and some cap. So maybe it is a "rebuild."

We're in uncharted territory now.

exciter

Reaction score
The only possible way we trade for a back would be during the season if we run into real problems running the ball. We never make trades after the draft.
So Gilmore and Cooks was a figment of our imagination last year?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
didn’t we trade for Gilmore and Cooks last year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You better read my post again carefully. I said the Cowboys never make a trade AFTER the draft. They traded for Gilmore and Cooks in March BEFORE the draft. :thumbup: We’ve made trades during the season if we run into trouble at a position.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think there would be a possibility during the draft if we miss out on the ones we wanted by the end of the third round. A player I'd be inquiring about would be Khalil Herbert. The Bears signed D'Andre Swift to be their No. 1 and like what they saw from last year's rookie Roschon Johnson. They could just keep all three, but if they are eyeing someone late ... maybe they'll make a move. Draft picks never have more value than when you're on the clock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think there would be a possibility during the draft if we miss out on the ones we wanted by the end of the third round. A player I'd be inquiring about would be Khalil Herbert. The Bears signed D'Andre Swift to be their No. 1 and like what they saw from last year's rookie Roschon Johnson. They could just keep all three, but if they are eyeing someone late ... maybe they'll make a move. Draft picks never have more value than when you're on the clock.
I agree, during the draft would be a possibility to make a trade for an RB if we don’t like any of ones left on the board.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One point I left out. It would be foolish to offer up a draft pick for a player after the draft, between May and the start of camp because players will be cut during camp. We could find an RB that way if we’re not thrilled with the ones we have. Any player that would be available for trade after the draft is probably going to be released prior to the regular season. This is why teams don’t make trades after the draft prior to the start of the regular season.

Majic

Reaction score
My top target in free agency. Oh well never mind!

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yeah this season gonna suck . 3 straight 12-5 seasons.. and we just won’t go “all in” to take the next step

cowboyed

Reaction score
Just All in at RB.

You tell me a team that has more talent than Dallas at RB. When the Deuce can't get carries you know the rest of the league is eons behind
I was pretty high on Deuce despite him being short because he is quick and also muscularly thick. But when I saw him bounce backwards off defensive lineman and linebackers like a ping pong ball I was kind of shocked. I thought he was going to be like Maurice Jones-Drew who played for the Jaguars. A human bowling ball.