Browns trade Eagles #2 overall pick

ksadler1

Reaction score
That's a slippery slope. Don't buy it for a second. There will always be quality QB prospects coming out of college. Just the same as every other position. There are good years and bad years.

While I agree, there's also going to be guys drafted in later rounds, or even FA's, that out-perform those guys. QB's are just like any other player on the team. You can put a super star player in the wrong system and he'll be average. You can put an average QB in the right system and he'll be a star. Nothing is a sure thing. Could this pan out for the Eagles? sure. Or it could be the reason they're stuck in the mud for years to come. Dallas will draft a QB this year, and there's a chance he'll be better than Wentz or Goff. And then there's the chance he won't. Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Brady was what, a 7th? Romo was undrafted. 2 out of those 3 have at least one SB win under their belt. You can get a very good QB anywhere in the draft, as long as they fit your system.....

DEA_dad

Reaction score
Everyone's a Lobo!!!

Go Aggies! I think that if this would have happened in a year where we pick in the middle of the pack it would have been intriguing but more ho hum than anything. In a year where we pick fourth is a whole nother story. Depending on your viewpoint it helps or hurts us come the first round. Lots of moving parts, may you be blessed to live in interesting times. Did i mention go NMSU?

manster4ever

Reaction score
Some things I've heard is that the coaches want him badly (including Marinelli) but management wants Bosa more. Lot of "Zeke to the Cowboys" talk today on ESPN including Bill Polian who said we should absolutely take him.

We shall see.

If he could truly be trusted, I'd be all for it. Bosa? Same deal...too much "smoke" with JB: literally and figuratively. I also don't think Ramsey is worth a 4. That leaves Tunsil or bust for me. If S. Diego takes him (which they probably will, it sure would be nice to have a trade in place with another team that wants to move up) Probably won't happen, but it'd be nice. FTR....I would take Zeke ALL day long before Bosa. Zeke is a true baller. I've seen them both play virtually every game of their college careers and Bosa took too many plays off.

Like I said, no brainer for me:

1) take Tunsil IF he's there (but probably won't be unfortunately)
2) if Tunsil is gone, trade down and try to fleece somebody stupid that wants Ramsey or Jack
3) If no trade is there, draft BPA which is unclear: Ramsey? Zeke? Jack? Bosa?....meh

ksadler1

Reaction score
Go Aggies! I think that if this would have happened in a year where we pick in the middle of the pack it would have been intriguing but more ho hum than anything. In a year where we pick fourth is a whole nother story. Depending on your viewpoint it helps or hurts us come the first round. Lots of moving parts, may you be blessed to live in interesting times. Did i mention go NMSU?

Hahaha yes you did. I hope they hire a good Basketball coach after theirs left for The Running Rebels. I always SINCERELY wish them well. Too bad we couldn't have kept Alford.
Anyway, I think the Cowboys are going to draft Zeke and then trade up and draft a QB.....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If he could truly be trusted, I'd be all for it. Bosa? Same deal...too much "smoke" with JB: literally and figuratively. I also don't think Ramsey is worth a 4. That leaves Tunsil or bust for me. If S. Diego takes him (which they probably will, it sure would be nice to have a trade in place with another team that wants to move up) Probably won't happen, but it'd be nice. FTR....I would take Zeke ALL day long before Bosa. Zeke is a true baller. I've seen them both play virtually every game of their college careers and Bosa took too many plays off.

Like I said, no brainer for me:

1) take Tunsil IF he's there (but probably won't be unfortunately)
2) if Tunsil is gone, trade down and try to fleece somebody stupid that wants Ramsey or Jack
3) If no trade is there, draft BPA which is unclear: Ramsey? Zeke? Jack? Bosa?....meh

While I love EE, Henry is likely to be there in the top of the second and I love his burst. He's not the pass catcher nor the home run hitter Zeke is but he has the game, esp with this line, to move the chains. He should last 4 years without losing those initial quick steps nor his power. I'd be happy with either although I personally would likely take pass rush/pass defense with the first 2-3 picks. I'd love to trade down and pick up a R2/3.

Kirbyk21

Reaction score
I'm a Lobo as well. Graduated with my BA in Marketing from there. I must admit I freaking hate the everyone's a lobo chant...

Not everyone is a lobo.

But on that note Go Lobos :)

manster4ever

Reaction score
While I love EE, Henry is likely to be there in the top of the second and I love his burst. He's not the pass catcher nor the home run hitter Zeke is but he has the game, esp with this line, to move the chains. He should last 4 years without losing those initial quick steps nor his power. I'd be happy with either although I personally would likely take pass rush/pass defense with the first 2-3 picks. I'd love to trade down and pick up a R2/3.

Correct. I've said for three months we should trade down. Now that two big deals have happened above us, it doesn't necessarily mean we won't have any suitors for our 4th pick. Matter of fact, it might embolden someone to come up for a shot at Tunsil or Ramsey.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm a Lobo as well. Graduated with my BA in Marketing from there. I must admit I freaking hate the everyone's a lobo chant...

Not everyone is a lobo.

But on that note Go Lobos :)
Lobo here, class of 88. Woof woof woof

fortdick

Reaction score
On top of that why play Russian roulette hoping Zeke will be there if that's who they really want?

Notice the absence of people screaming for the BPA this draft? I wish we could search back and see how many past BPA advocates are calling for an over reach on a specific position this year.

I bet it would be embarrassing for many.

coult44

Reaction score
That's a slippery slope. Don't buy it for a second. There will always be quality QB prospects coming out of college. Just the same as every other position. There are good years and bad years.

How many programs run pro style offenses?

fortdick

Reaction score
3 first round offensive linemen and another that will get paid like a first round offensive lineman in Collins tells me so.

Yes, but the production and protection would be worth it. Don't waste the pick on a guy that will be used up and gone in 5 years, or a DB how might have to play safety.

coult44

Reaction score

He won't make it past 15

fortdick

Reaction score
So then the question becomes do the Jones' throw a bone to their maligned head coach giving him the piece of the puzzle that Garrett swears he needs?

Garrett is a QB. Tunsil would be the choice for a QB. I bet Romo is lobbying for him. It would mean an extra year or two playing time for him.