Browns trade Eagles #2 overall pick

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Why would Cleveland give up a deal with multi 1st, multi 2nd, multi 3rd and 4th round picks for maybe a 2nd or 3rd? They want picks to fill holes you still haven't answer my question

I would have to know what we offered first...but rumor had it that it would cost us next years #1 to move up...so Cleveland would drop only 2 spots and get an extra 1st next year. that's a fair deal, but my point was...the Browns announced they would be willing to move the #2 pick since the combine, so we had plenty of time to do a deal BEFORE this obnoxious deal from the Eagles. if infact we were serious about getting one of these QB's.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I would have to know what we offered first...but rumor had it that it would cost us next years #1 to move up...so Cleveland would drop only 2 spots and get an extra 1st next year. that's a fair deal, but my point was...the Browns announced they would be willing to move the #2 pick since the combine, so we had plenty of time to do a deal BEFORE this obnoxious deal from the Eagles. if infact we were serious about getting one of these QB's.

You are dancing around, did you see all the picks the Eagles gave up? Sorry but no franchise is going to take a future first when they got offered much more from Philly.

I for one am glad we didn't give up picks to go to number 2.

Gaede

Reaction score
What 98% of the people around here dont think of is this. The college QB position is in a huge downward spiral. In a few years there will be NO pro style D1 QBs. As much as the position is a developmental one now, it will be 10X worse in a few short years. Someone in the Fecal organization seen this coming and made a very wise decision.

That's a slippery slope. Don't buy it for a second. There will always be quality QB prospects coming out of college. Just the same as every other position. There are good years and bad years.

Sydla

Reaction score
on 94WIP its 80-90% negative. I would like to know who made the trade. If its Pederson he has way to much power for a guy that hasnt won a game yet. As much as I hate Jerry's meddling I think he would have stepped in and blocked this trade.

Roseman made the trade.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You are dancing around, did you see all the picks the Eagles gave up? Sorry but no franchise is going to take a future first when they got offered much more from Philly.

I for one am glad we didn't give up picks to go to number 2.

i think i've answered your question 3 times already, if you think we would've had to match Philly's offer to move up 2 spots vs 6 spots then your nuts. the point was that we had since the combine to work a deal out...not wait till the last second to trump philly's offer. hence me saying this organization is always a day late and a dollar short.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Romo haters? LOL.

More likely smart fans who realize Romo can't be the QB forever.

Oh come now...... Smart fans realize that unless Romo is changing anything & everything, our O doesn't work. It was easy handing off to #28 in '14.....last year was a complete different story.

3rd down killed us as well... D & O

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
i think i've answered your question 3 times already, if you think we would've had to match Philly's offer to move up 2 spots vs 6 spots then your nuts. the point was that we had since the combine to work a deal out...not wait till the last second to trump philly's offer. hence me saying this organization is always a day late and a dollar short.

How do you know Dallas wasn't in trade talks and Philly at the same time and Jerry thought it was to steep......hence the reason he flew in Prescott.

You didn't answer it, you just said going down 2 spots compared to 6. Nobody including you will agree on a trade if a bidding war is going on. Your taking the best deal in something.

Example if your selling your car for 10,000 and a guy offers you 11,000 you could take it right away but before you agree on the deal another guy calls you and says hey what you want for your car. You tell him will somebody just offered 11,000 so they say ok I will give you 20,000.......do you take the 11,000 or the 20,000?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Oh come now...... Smart fans realize that unless Romo is changing anything & everything, our O doesn't work. It was easy handing off to #28 in '14.....last year was a complete different story.

3rd down killed us as well... D & O

Zeke. Problem solved.

Seriously though, I was in my wife's hospital room waiting for her to get outta surgery and tuned into ESPN for a bit. Louis Riddick was in studio and said he truly believes Dallas is taking Elliott at 4 in hopes to recreate what they had with Emmitt Smith.

I loved hearing that.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Zeke. Problem solved.

Seriously though, I was in my wife's hospital room waiting for her to get outta surgery and tuned into ESPN for a bit. Louis Riddick was in studio and said he truly believes Dallas is taking Elliott at 4 in hopes to recreate what they had with Emmitt Smith.

I loved hearing that.

With what has transpired...... I wouldn't mind Zeke, just really hard to pass up Ramsey.....kids a generational talent! Just depends on what's left on the bone after either pick to make it all work

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
With what has transpired...... I wouldn't mind Zeke, just really hard to pass up Ramsey.....kids a generational talent! Just depends on what's left on the bone after either pick to make it all work

Zeke won't leave any meat on the proverbial bone. See what I just did there? :D

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Giants did it one time and got Eli and have two rings to show for it, the skins did it also and have nothing so it can make you, it can break you. Gamble you take

Not really Eli didn't get them the Superbowls there defense did.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Why would Cleveland take less?

The point being missed in all of this. Dallas wasn't going to give up what Philly gave up and if they would have to move up 2 spots they would have been stupid on an epic level.

But let the lemmings parrot each other ad naseum about how we "blew our chance".

:rolleyes:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The point being missed in all of this. Dallas wasn't going to give up what Philly gave up and if they would have to move up 2 spots they would have been stupid on an epic level.

But let the lemmings parrot each other ad naseum about how we "blew our chance".

:rolleyes:

That's my point, I'm glad we didn't move up