Brugler: This year's RB class is loaded

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
The 3 and 8 Rams won the Super Bowl. Yes, the Cowboys are better than the Rams. How can you not think that the Cowboys are not better than the Rams? That is ridiculous.

No, the 12-5 Rams won the Super Bowl whereas our 12-5 Cowboys did not. That was in the past. You’re looping in last seasons with this season when you please to make the Cowboys sound better? Yet you’re referring to the Rams with only this seasons schedule? I’m just trying to figure out which stats we’re cherry picking to prove points.

rambo2

Reaction score
No, the 12-5 Rams won the Super Bowl whereas our 12-5 Cowboys did not. That was in the past. You’re looping in last seasons with this season when you please to make the Cowboys sound better? Yet you’re referring to the Rams with only this seasons schedule? I’m just trying to figure out which stats we’re cherry picking to prove points.
Who would you rather be, the Rams or the Cowboys? The Rams are painful to watch and trending down. The Cowboys are young and exciting and trending up. The Cowboys are clearly better than the Rams over the 2 year period and will be in the future as well.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Who would you rather be, the Rams or the Cowboys? The Rams are painful to watch and trending down. The Cowboys are young and exciting and trending up. The Cowboys are clearly better than the Rams over the 2 year period and will be in the future as well.

Super Bowl all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yep

Late 1st thru 3rd seems to be the sweet spot.

• Derrick Henry--2nd round
  • Nick Chubb--2nd Rd
  • Jonathan Taylor--2nd Rd
  • Dalvin Cook--2nd Rd
  • Joe Mixon--2nd Rd
  • Kenneth Walker--2nd Rd (rookie)
  • Dameon Pierce--4th Rd (rookie)
  • Aaron Jones--5th Rd

Go get one!

Nowdays only 1 or 2 RBs go in the 1st round, and usually late. The reason so many good ones are found in the 2nd/3rd round is because almost all of the RB's are still available going into the 2nd round. And for that reason there really is no reason to take one in the first, but if you want a good one you most likely will need to draft one on day 2.

Sydla

Reaction score
Their record is the best. You are what your record says you are. They are 20 and 8. No other team in the NFC has been better.

They lost in the first round of the playoffs.

So no, they haven't been the best team in the NFC the last two years. It's really kind of preposterous to suggest otherwise. The 49ers are one game behind us this year, beat us in the playoffs in our own stadium last year and made the NFC Champ game.

They likely have been the best team in the NFC over the past two seasons if you are going to play a silly game and try to look at teams in a 2 year window.

And all of this doesn't change the fact that resigning Pollard and having Zeke back at a 17 million cap hit next year would be downright idiotic.

rambo2

Reaction score
They lost in the first round of the playoffs.

So no, they haven't been the best team in the NFC the last two years. It's really kind of preposterous to suggest otherwise. The 49ers are one game behind us this year, beat us in the playoffs in our own stadium last year and made the NFC Champ game.

They likely have been the best team in the NFC over the past two seasons if you are going to play a silly game and try to look at teams in a 2 year window.

And all of this doesn't change the fact that resigning Pollard and having Zeke back at a 17 million cap hit next year would be downright idiotic.
You are what your record is. The Cowboys have the best record in the NFC over the last 2 seasons. That is an undisputed fact. They can certainly tag Pollard and renegotiate Zeke. They can do it. That idiotic backfield as you call it, is a very good one.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You are what your record is. The Cowboys have the best record in the NFC over the last 2 seasons. That is an undisputed fact. They can certainly tag Pollard and renegotiate Zeke. They can do it. That idiotic backfield as you call it, is a very good one.

If we keep losing in the playoffs does it matter what our regular season record is?

If you give me the Super Bowl win last year Id be fine being irrelevant for the next 6/7 years.

Sydla

Reaction score

Tag Pollard means he would have around a $9 million cap hit, I believe. To lower Zeke's cap hit, they could restructure, which would be dumb because you would have to kick even more money into future years when Zeke is regressing (which he's already shown regression from earlier in his career). So a restructure would be the absolute worst decision. They could also attempt to get Zeke to take an actual pay cut, but those are rare and players typically don't take pay cuts. You really should understand the cap, cap implications for overpaying for certain positions, etc. better than you do.

And what good is winning a bunch of regular season games if you bow out of the playoffs early every time you make it?

Your homerism is impressive, however.

visionary

Reaction score

LOL
that you are asking this question proves what an ignoramus you are

rambo2

Reaction score
But is so insightful as to why some of these guys keep just propping up Jerry despite having basically gone a quarter of a century and only built teams that have won 3 playoff games total over that period.
They have done a great job this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
They have done a great job this year.

I mean I guess. Let's see what happens in the postseason. If we get bounced again early, calling the job they did "great" would seem kinda dumb.

They've won a bunch of regular season games before only to get booted from the playoffs before taking a breath. Success isn't defined by winning a bunch of regular season games. It's the postseason that counts.

rambo2

Reaction score
I mean I guess. Let's see what happens in the postseason. If we get bounced again early, calling the job they did "great" would seem kinda dumb.

They've won a bunch of regular season games before only to get booted from the playoffs before taking a breath. Success isn't defined by winning a bunch of regular season games. It's the postseason that counts.
Sure, and you will look dumb if they win it all.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure, and you will look dumb if they win it all.

How will I look dumb? I said saying they did a great job before we see them in the playoffs is kind of silly. The only person who has the potential to look dumb here is you claiming they did a really nice job in building this roster. Well if they lose in the first playoff game again, is that really a great job? These are simply facts. This team has had some good regular seasons in the last two decades only to get bounced early. They have three playoff wins in 20+ years.

They need to buck the trend this offseason. They may. They may not.

rambo2

Reaction score
How will I look dumb? I said saying they did a great job before we see them in the playoffs is kind of silly. The only person who has the potential to look dumb here is you claiming they did a really nice job in building this roster. Well if they lose in the first playoff game again, is that really a great job? These are simply facts. This team has had some good regular seasons in the last two decades only to get bounced early. They have three playoff wins in 20+ years.

They need to buck the trend this offseason. They may. They may not.
This is the best regular season since the 90's when you actually look at the team and the way they are playing. This roster is outstanding. That is a fact.