Brugler: This year's RB class is loaded

Hardline

Reaction score
This is the best regular season since the 90's when you actually look at the team and the way they are playing. This roster is outstanding. That is a fact.
This isn't the first outstanding roster the Cowboys have had in the last 27 years.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is the best regular season since the 90's when you actually look at the team and the way they are playing. This roster is outstanding. That is a fact.

Stop. They were 13-3 in 2016. 13-3 in 2007. This is hardly the only great team they’ve had in 20 years.

stinkface

Reaction score
Stop. They were 13-3 in 2016. 13-3 in 2007. This is hardly the only great team they’ve had in 20 years.
Yep. The big question like always is whether then can close the deal in Jan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. The big question like always is whether then can close the deal in Jan.

Yep but people like ninja try to focus on the regular season because by any measure the Cowboys have been an abysmal failure in the postseason over the last 20 years. It hurts their brain and makes them cry having to acknowledge that reality.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of taking RB's high, but if Robinson were on the board in the late 20's when we pick (or 32), I'd take him knowing I've got the position covered for 5-6 years easy. If this were the early 2000's, he'd be a top ten pick.

Especially so considering OL prospects aren't looking great that late in the first.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Bijan Robinson is ABSOLUTELY worth taking if he falls to our 1st round pick.
Unless an unexpected defensive tackle stud is there.

I passed by him weeks back. As I've said before, he lives in the apartment complex next to mine. I didn't say anything to him, but the guy is a scary looking dude. Resembles Mike Tyson, as far as build.

The thing is, I also like Malik Davis. Ollison is also a stud.

We've got running backs galore in Dallas.

As Rambo said, our backfield is a good one.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No, the 12-5 Rams won the Super Bowl whereas our 12-5 Cowboys did not. That was in the past. You’re looping in last seasons with this season when you please to make the Cowboys sound better? Yet you’re referring to the Rams with only this seasons schedule? I’m just trying to figure out which stats we’re cherry picking to prove points.

All of our beloved Cowboys fans love that Gambler's fallacy logic.

Just roll with it. lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bijan Robinson is ABSOLUTELY worth taking if he falls to our 1st round pick.
Unless an unexpected defensive tackle stud is there.
Robinson is an elite talent that will not get past pick 15. I have a bad feeling the Eagles will draft him with the Saints pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Pollard is gonna cost 10m per, Id definitely consider giving him. There is still alot of tread on those tires. Even if he were to redo his contract, they need to cut Zeke loose. With injuries and wear, his play is going to fall off a cliff soon.

I really like Gibbs, but I think he is a 1st rounder. If he ends up there at our 2nd Id be all over that, even with Pollard. He is a one man offense. Pollard has gotten better as a recieving back, but Gibbs is already better than him there. I dont seem him falling to us in the 2nd, and as much as I like I cant justify a 1st for him.
Because it's dumb cap management, that's why.

Pollard is going to cost you. He's not going to be cheap. You already are going to take a $17 million cap hit for Elliott next year, which is downright preposterous for a RB. Now add in a decent cap hit for Pollard and you are looking at like $20 million + in cap charges for the TB position. Idiotic.

And there's only way this could get even worse. They could also restructure Elliott lowering his cap hit in 2023 but then ballooning cap hits down the road which would be ridiculous. The only way Elliott should be back is if he takes an actual pay cut. If not, see ya Zeke.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cut Elliott. Try to resign Pollard. Grab a TB in those middle rounds. Maybe bring in a vet. You can probably do all of that and still have a lower cap hit than just Elliott would have in
They might, but I think they are going to pay Sanders
I hope they do. He really benefits from Hurts and the read option. Giving him 10 million a season would be foolish.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Achane is who I want.

He’ll be great in our system and we can still get a corner or WR or whatever else in round 1.