Brunell restructure article - *Update: He and Portis restructures deals* Cap question

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Bach said:
That's the key to the whole thing. These deal will only be signed if a new agreement is in place. If that's the case, then they are off the hook anyways.

If a CBA deal isn't done before Friday, then these restructurings won't take place and the Commanders will have to pay up, and big. These aren't done deals yet.

I think the Commanders FO has a restructure planned with and without a CBA extension for each of these plays. The appropriate agreement will be signed once we know if tomorrows owners meeting provided any results.

MDCowboy

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I think the Commanders FO has a restructure planned with and without a CBA extension for each of these plays. The appropriate agreement will be signed once we know if tomorrows owners meeting provided any results.

I agree. It would only make sense because these contracts need to be restructure either way, so it is only a matter of what world will be in existence come midnight tonight.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Mark Brunell: 262 454 57.7 3050 6.7 23 10

Drew Bledsoe: 300 499 60.1 3639 7.3 23 17

Bledsoe has close to 600 more passing yards, but Brunell has just as many TDs and 7 less interceptions.

I'd say they are pretty close.

Yeah, they are both washed up has beens who will never win a Super Bowl, next...

playit12

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
*merged*

No way we needed 4 Skins threads on the main board.:cool:

I wish you would have let the last thread live a little longer. Unlike this one, it was actually starting into a decent discussion of the details of the restructure. Now the questions is still out there but I'm guessing Adam is wisely avoiding this morass.

1fisher

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Damn freakin Skins, just chap my *** they do. Man, I dunno, maybe we are the fools and Snyders the genuis. When we faced it, we took it like a man and lost for 10 years. I am so tired of Snyder escaping the executioners axe. When will there be justice? When will the world be right again? Why the hell did we go through all that losing when we coulda just kept pushing it back, still owing Deion Sanders 17 million bucks, no worries, we will give it to your great grandson on his 18th birthday.

He may escape the executioners axe..... but how many SB's have they won lately? They won a playoff game this past season...... whoopdee friggin do!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
playit12 said:
I wish you would have let the last thread live a little longer. Unlike this one, it was actually starting into a decent discussion of the details of the restructure. Now the questions is still out there but I'm guessing Adam is wisely avoiding this morass.
Got a question about the cap? post it in the official cap thread.

I realize the discussion got somewhat derailed, but many of the discussions were about the same topic. Something's gotta give.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
1fisher said:
He may escape the executioners axe..... but how many SB's have they won lately? They won a playoff game this past season...... whoopdee friggin do!
I dont know, maybe its just the skins hater in me. I wanna see them suffer for 10 years like we did. :lmao: Thats no joke either. I have watched as the skins gobbeled up FA after FA year after year and wondered when the bill was coming due. It never freaking comes......That is really pissing me me off. To think the skins could concevible skate out with 1 bad year and a fresh slate the following year really sucks.

I will admit, I undrestand little of whats happening and what it means right now. After the 3rd we will know more as Adam has time to digest the changes and spit wm back up in laymans terms we can understand. (no offense Fish, but Adam has even you beat on this stuff). I am just waiting, like always, for the other shoe to drop. Hoping against hope almost, that the damn bill will come due TODAY. But so long as the Boys continue to grow and draft well and show improvement, I can live with that. But if the skins ar back in contention within the next 5 years, man, it will still piss mee off to no end. I hate TO more then I hate Snyder, but thats coming to be a close race.

I know they have won nothing while dodging the check out stand. But that does not make it better. We also have won nothing, and its a damn direct result of the Salary Cap that we have won nothing since the salary cap came into existence. Hell it was brought about to stop the Boys march to 15 straight superbowl. :bang2:

clayman

Reaction score
1fisher said:

And what have we done in the past 10yrs?? :rolleyes: