Brunell restructure article - *Update: He and Portis restructures deals* Cap question

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Why do the players keep co-conspiring with Danny??

Because the team loves Joe Gibbs and is a team in every sense of the word. If anybody else was coach I doubt players would agree so easily. Plus in Brunells case, he owes Joe Gibbs for giving him a chance after everyone else thought he was a washed up has been.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Because the team loves Joe Gibbs and is a team in every sense of the word. If anybody else was coach I doubt players would agree so easily. Plus in Brunells case, he owes Joe Gibbs for giving him a chance after everyone else thought he was a washed up has been.
ahhhh....how sweet. :ralph:

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
He's not a washed up has been?

Mark Brunell: 262 454 57.7 3050 6.7 23 10

Drew Bledsoe: 300 499 60.1 3639 7.3 23 17

Bledsoe has close to 600 more passing yards, but Brunell has just as many TDs and 7 less interceptions.

I'd say they are pretty close.

playit12

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
According to John Clayton's Insider blog, my hunch was correct, and PFT was wrong. The special master ruled on PRORATED ROSTER BONUSES, not option bonuses. So it looks like PFT got it wrong.

Could you clarify how the CBA defines roster bonuses vs Option bonuses? I didn't get the impression that the bonuses the skin's were referening too were in fact optional? I thought the player was, one way or the other, gaurenteed that money? What distinguishes the two?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Mark Brunell: 262 454 57.7 3050 6.7 23 10

Drew Bledsoe: 300 499 60.1 3639 7.3 23 17

Bledsoe has close to 600 more passing yards, but Brunell has just as many TDs and 6 less interceptions.

I'd say they are pretty close.
:confused: :huh:

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:

Hey its late and its been a long stressful day checking every 10-15 minutes at work for CBA updates! Tomorrow is either the day of reckoning or a day of celebration, depending on whether this final owners meeting does anything!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*merged*

No way we needed 4 Skins threads on the main board.:cool:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Why do the players keep co-conspiring with Danny??

It's called digging your own grave. In other words, guaranteed money. Brunnel isn't stupid. On the other hand Danny boy is. People can say what they want about it not catching up to Danny Boy, but what has he won even though he is paying with his future?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
I wish the same applied to TO threads.
It does. At the moment, tho, there's only one on the board. So, what's your beef?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
It does. At the moment, tho, there's only one on the board. So, what's your beef?
Remember last weekend?

5 TO threads on the first page at one time = overkill big time.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Wheres_the_b

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
Remember last weekend?

5 TO threads on the first page at one time = overkill big time.
prolly ... but it happens. Just depends on the day. Being that it was the weekend, that's prolly we let it go.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
prolly ... but it happens. Just depends on the day. Being that it was the weekend, that's prolly we let it go.
No problem WG. And no beef either. :laugh2:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington quarterback Mark Brunell has agreed in principle to restructure his contract, pending the NFL's negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement.

"Mark and other team members have worked cooperatively with us in renegotiations, approaching the matter like the veterans and team leaders that they are," Commanders coach Joe Gibbs said Wednesday.

Like all NFL teams, the Commanders are in flux with their free agency plans because of the last-minute collective bargaining talks. If no agreement is reached, Washington will have to make some $20 million in cuts Thursday to get below the 2006 salary cap.
If an agreement is reached, the Commanders will have to make fewer cuts because the cap will be substantially higher. Brunell and the other veterans -- whom Gibbs did not name -- will not sign their new deals until there is definitive word on the labor situation.

Free agency begins Friday. The Commanders have been one of the most active teams on the opening day of free agency under owner Dan Snyder, but the team will have limited options if it is forced to make wholesale cuts Thursday.

That's the key to the whole thing. These deal will only be signed if a new agreement is in place. If that's the case, then they are off the hook anyways.

If a CBA deal isn't done before Friday, then these restructurings won't take place and the Commanders will have to pay up, and big. These aren't done deals yet.