Bryan Broaddus on 105.3 the Fan right now

birdwells1

Reaction score
Bill Beichick is already the GOAT. Not only is it stamped, it's double-stamped with no erasies or anti-quitsies.
I know it but there is that asterisk of having the GOAT qb all his time there. There's always the question "who's most responsible for the success in NE Bill or Tom"?
It's what they said about Kobe before he won championships without Shaq and then those questions went away.
When Brady leaves NE there's not a young qb in waiting but there is one in Dallas and the roster is overall better.

Cebrin

Reaction score
he’s also the de facto GM and HC in SHawks land.

he won’t give that up.

Of course not. Was merely stating that Bill isn't the only senior coaching. The response was to a slight suggestion that Bill is getting too old to coach.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
if he does indeed let Garrett go down with the ship...I think he goes back to the template that produced 3 Super Bowls.....a college coach with no previous NFL experience who won a national title.
or at least college coach who won a national title.
•Urban Meyer
•Nick Saban
•Bob Stoops

we'll see.
in the meantime...BEAT chicago.

I can’t see Saban leaving his cushy situation to return to the NFL, especially at his age. Stoops no thanks. Meyer would be a very good hire.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I can’t see Saban leaving his cushy situation to return to the NFL, especially at his age. Stoops no thanks. Meyer would be a very good hire.
saban would leave only if he feels a challenge to make a 2nd run in the NFL....plus if he were to return....he'd want control....which he won't get here.
I think Stoops would be great.
Meyer would be AWESOME.
just hope they get it right.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
saban would leave only if he feels a challenge to make a 2nd run in the NFL....plus if he were to return....he'd want control....which he won't get here.
I think Stoops would be great.
Meyer would be AWESOME.
just hope they get it right.

Not a big fan of Big Game Bob. But I could see Jerry being interested.

RS12

Reaction score
Broaddus was on CBS national radio this AM, mostly said the same thing. However talked about Urban Meyer and then said would likely be asked to keep Moore as OC. That right there is what is wrong with this organization. You dont bring in a heavy weight coach and try and force assistants on him. Until Jerry dies or becomes incapacitated, nothing will change.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Broaddus was on CBS national radio this AM, mostly said the same thing. However talked about Urban Meyer and then said would likely be asked to keep Moore as OC. That right there is what is wrong with this organization. You dont bring in a heavy weight coach and try and force assistants on him. Until Jerry dies or becomes incapacitated, nothing will change.
Jimmy Johnson mentioned that his assistants were as important as he was. Which was evident when he left.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Makes zero sense to bring in a proven winner for his football acumen and then dictate who his assistants are. Lol! Let the guy who has won titles choose his guys. And it’s for this reason we won’t get Meyer or any proven coach.

EJK24

Reaction score

This is what I was saying in another post. When we suggest bringing coaches in and someone says we could keep Moore or anyone else... I dont want a coach to come in who has anyone handed to them and told to make it work. That sets up the scenario where as soon as things get tough, and they will because every team has problems, everyone will be saying we have a puppet as a HC again.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Makes zero sense to bring in a proven winner for his football acumen and then dictate who his assistants are. Lol! Let the guy who has won titles choose his guys. And it’s for this reason we won’t get Meyer or any proven coach.
If Petersen comes, Moore will stay.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Depends on what the coach wanted IMO

Most coaches are going to want someone they’ve worked with before and who has the same offensive philosophy. That’s why if it’s Petersen it would make sense for Moore to stay. But what newly hired head coach is going to want an OC with all of one years experience in that position?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Agree, that is the stupidest thing ever and only the boys. That's like telling your new girlfriend BUT I am keeping my old girlfriend on the side in case it doesn't work out.

Valkyr

Reaction score

I expect nothing, and still I am disappointed.