Bryan Broaddus on 105.3 the Fan right now

cowboyec

Reaction score
regardless of what happened at ohio st...Urban Legend has earned the right to bring in his own staff.
to force asst coaches onto him is why....in the end....we'll end up with JG on a short 2-3 yr deal or a promoted asst as HC.
I hope what Broaddus said about asking Meyer or whoever to keep Moore on as OC is wrong.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
regardless of what happened at ohio st...Urban Legend has earned the right to bring in his own staff.
to force asst coaches onto him is why....in the end....we'll end up with JG on a short 2-3 yr deal or a promoted asst as HC.
I hope what Broaddus said about asking Meyer or whoever to keep Moore on as OC is wrong.
If the idea is to eventually promote Moore, I can't think of a bridge better than Meyer. The philosophies are not that far off. It is not like pairing Garrett with the opportunity to stab Phillips in the back.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If the idea is to eventually promote Moore, I can't think of a bridge better than Meyer. The philosophies are not that far off. It is not like pairing Garrett with the opportunity to stab Phillips in the back.
Agreed.
Come on guys... it's not like History doesn't repeat itself, or anything!
Right?

I'mma cry...
I'mma cry right now...

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could see that....but it should be the new guy's choice....not the f/o.

Alexander

Reaction score
I could see that....but it should be the new guy's choice....not the f/o.
Of course. But the deal with Meyer is that he might not have a lot to come to the table with.

Head coaches should always have the right to choose their staff. No question.

I just don't know if Meyer can do that. It will have to break right and since he has been out, makes you wonder.

If you all recall even back to Johnson, he brought his whole staff in tow with him. That is important.

What can't happen is what happened to Phillips which was getting Garrett jammed down his throat or Parcells having to accept Zimmer.

It really is about what the new coach can bring with him.

I have not done much research on our current staff and their contracts. But I can tell you that makes a difference on whether or not Jones forces them on a new guy. It is a definite influence.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Of course. But the deal with Meyer is that he might not have a lot to come to the table with.

I just don't know if Meyer can do that. It will have to break right and since he has been out, makes you wonder.

If you all recall even back to Johnson, he brought his whole staff in tow with him. That is important.

What can't happen is what happened to Phillips which was getting Garrett jammed down his throat or Parcells having to accept Zimmer.

I have not done much research on our current staff and their contracts. But I can tell you that makes a difference on whether or not Jones forces them on a new guy. It is a definite influence.
I'mma cry...

Valkyr

Reaction score
Well, Urban choose that wife-beater guy the last time around, so...

cowboyec

Reaction score

and if Meyer comes here....then he's on board.
I'd love to know if some of his asst's at Ohio St are on his staff "wish-list" or not....we'll find out.

bb721

Reaction score
As far as Urban Meyer goes, don’t forget that one of the reasons he retired from coaching was his health. If I recall correctly he has a benign cyst on his brain that frequently causes severe headaches. There have been times when it has affected him during games. Not sure how much that would effect his thoughts on whether or not to come back to coaching.

Alexander

Reaction score
As far as Urban Meyer goes, don’t forget that one of the reasons he retired from coaching was his health. If I recall correctly he has a benign cyst on his brain that frequently causes severe headaches. There have been times when it has affected him during games. Not sure how much that would effect his thoughts on whether or not to come back to coaching.
I really think he kind of exaggerated that.

But that is just me.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Bellichik would rather go to Giants than Cowboys if both organizations had a vacancy.

Young qb and good rb combo in both places.