Video: BST: Kris Richard Has Big Decision to Make

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kris Richard Has Big Decision to Make

PAT_JJT_ON_RICHARD.jpg

Cowboys passing game coordinator Kris Richard is a top candidate for the Dolphins' head coaching position. Cowboys Insider Jean-Jacques Taylor joins NBC 5's Pat Doney to list the reasons why Richard needs to turn down Miami and stay in Dallas for one more season.

Read Full Story

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So rumors and sources are now saying he's going to the Dolphins. I live in Miami and a few reporters here have said they expect him and the Dolphins to agree to terms. I hope that's not true.

Let me ask you this.......the Dolphins interview 4 candidates if I'm correct. How many heard anything about being the lead dog. None, Kris is the only candidate we keep hearing over and over.

robjay04

Reaction score
Let me ask you this.......the Dolphins interview 4 candidates if I'm correct. How many heard anything about being the lead dog. None, Kris is the only candidate we keep hearing over and over.

Search it on Twitter. Richard seems to be mentioned the most(he’s also with the most viable team in sports) but Flores is being thrown out there a lot.

And they’re interviewing their ST Coach for the gig on Friday. He was originally considered the front runner.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Search it on Twitter. Richard seems to be mentioned the most(he’s also with the most viable team in sports) but Flores is being thrown out there a lot.

And they’re interviewing their ST Coach for the gig on Friday. He was originally considered the front runner.

That interesting coz I read least couple tweets he did not interview well. He have tides to the GM from there time with the Pats but from my understanding, this going to be Ross call.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has to take it. The NFL can change so fast, and he may never get the HC opportunity again. You never know what the future holds.

Generally speaking, it’s a good idea. But that Miami team is in a bad spot. Without a QB, he’ll have, what, 2 years to turn things around? That’s a tall order.

Compared to promotion to DC in Dallas with all those players and the big spotlight. This time next season he could land one of the best gigs as opposed to being saddled with one of the worst?

I think I’d still take the Dolphins, but it’s close.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
The thing I don't understand is how these talks keep heating up so much in the middle of playoffs. Are the teams and Richards' agent driving all of this?

Regardless, I think it would be a head scratcher to leave a role as DC on a rising team to become captain of a burning ship. If he becomes HC of a Dolphins-tier team, I predict he's fired in 3 years tops and then settles for a DC job to rebuild the resume. Just last year he got fired and had to take a demotion-by-title with another team.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
If he does get the offer and he takes it - I hope they don’t announce it til after the we win the SB :). The last thing a team needs is to hear one of their favorite coaches is jumping ship when they’re trying to win a SB.

I know time is a factor for hiring a new head coach but I don’t think a team should be able to interview a coach until his team’s season is over.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would hate to lose Richard but would understand him leaving for a HC job. My hope is he stays but should he leave I would hope Dallas would reach out to Todd Bowles

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Compared to promotion to DC in Dallas with all those players and the big spotlight. This time next season he could land one of the best gigs as opposed to being saddled with one of the worst?

What would make you think that scenario is likely? It would take a complete train wreck next season for Garrett to lose his job, and if that happens then Richard would likely bear some of the blame.

Miami’s QB situation may not be settled but guys like Foles, Bridgewater, etc will be available as stopgaps. It’s a great town, just an excellent place to live and work. It’s a storied franchise with a relatively big fan base.

I hope he stays, but he’d be crazy not to take that job.

foofighters

Reaction score
I don't know, this defense is built to do well for the next few years. I think I'd wait and be awesome as a DC and wait a year or two until I found an ideal situation to become a HC. Miami looks like the place for a HC to die.

conner01

Reaction score
He has to take it. The NFL can change so fast, and he may never get the HC opportunity again. You never know what the future holds.
It’s not a fast thing changing a team really. Every year there are teams that go from trash to treasure but it’s not really done in one year
Take the colts who won 4 games last year. They added a ton of good players to their roster in one year, but they also got their QB healthy again
The added talent was huge but hitting on 3 picks with the talent they got is pretty rare, and getting their QB healthy was a big part of their turn around
It’s possible to totally rebuild a roster in a a few years but it requires flawless drafting, plenty of money and a ton of luck

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Miami’s a fun city, to get offered a head coaching the job there under the age of 40 sounds like a dream come true (as if playing in the league wasn’t big enough lol). Idk if the decision will turn out good or bad but I don’t blame him and no harsh feelings on my behalf I hope he does really well there.