News: BTB: Assigning blame to every one of Dak Prescott's interceptions from the 2022 season

shabazz

Reaction score
I know Noah Brown didn’t help him out, lol

we all saw the picks. Some his fault and some not

Ints are more forgivable when the Qb has to force the action……his talent at WR was underwhelming and the FO didn’t respond to it……just like the RB situation this year

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not blame the receivers for interceptions unless the ball bounces off their hands or its a timing throw and the QB is throwing to a spot (Dak doesn't do these much). The main reason is Dak can throw the ball away or pull it and run if the guys aren't running things correctly. But when you see defenders between you and brown and chunk up the ball well that INT is on you, pick #2. It would help if the receivers would attack the ball but they werent last year and as the QB you gotta recognize their inability or unwillingness to do so and take less chances. That's why I loved early Dez, dude fought hard for the rock, Cd does too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone go to the lengths these bozos are going to explain Prescott's picks?

Did anyone go through Herbert's or Allen's?

The ball gets picked, it is charged against the QB. That is the way it's been forever.

Why in the hell does anyone feel the need to protect this guy? He's a big boy getting the big bucks, throw the damn ball to your own guys!

I have never seen anything like this. Wouldn't Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman and Romo like to have someone trying to explain and excuse away their mistakes?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Does anyone go to the lengths these bozos are going to explain Prescott's picks?

The ball gets picked, it is charged against the QB. That is the way it's been forever.

Why in the hell does anyone feel the need to protect this guy? He's a big boy getting the big bucks, throw the damn ball to your own guys!

I have never seen anything like this. Wouldn't Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman and Romo like to have someone trying to explain and excuse away their mistakes?
You haven’t been around a lot or are just not paying attention.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

oh no you didn't...... you hater, freaking hater...

JayFord

Reaction score
ill say as ive said before

15 ints...7 of them werent his fault

the other 8 were like he had to pee real bad and was trying to hurry off the field

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You haven’t been around a lot or are just not paying attention.
Well, I admit to zoning out on some of this Prescott stuff. I know I shouldn't but I am sick of hearing his name and seeing his face. I have nothing against the man but there are some people with seriously disturbing man crushes and obsessions with him. He's just a lucky guy that happened to have it all fall his way in that 2016 draft.

I am so sick of discussing him, I wish Booger had pulled off that trade for Lynch.

blueblood70

Reaction score

You realize how you're making our point,

there are quarterbacks out there like Josh Allen who has as many or more turnovers he actually leads the league since he was drafted and yet nobody talks about his interceptions or turnovers..

No big deal huh??

but Prescott seems to be broke down at every level, and being overly criticized, that's the problem.

that's why people have to over defend Prescott because nobody really talks about how bad of a turnover machine one Peyton Manning or Brett farve or some of these other really good quarterbacks but yet they just seem to concentrate on the Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks all the shows this morning they were talking about it on first take it was ridiculous the things that old Prescott hater was saying it was all wrong too.

we're saying that these types of breakdowns are needed because the haters do nothing but talk about his interceptions as if no other quarterback does it you know nobody's talking about Matthew Stafford had over 20 turnovers with the Rams because they won the Super bowl but he had two interceptions in the Super bowl nobody's talking about because they won,

he didn't win that game by himself ,his team bailed him out. so we have to constantly hear the haters put Prescott and Romo under a microscope because they play for the Dallas Cowboys.

so threads like this are needed.

Absolutely coach if you don't understand that then you haven't been paying attention and yes we had to do this with Tony Romo you put his name in there as if we didn't but nobody brings up the fact that Troy Aikman was on one of the best teams in Cowboys history and he still threw 141 interceptions in his career right , now Prescott is only at 65 and already has more TDs but that's all anybody wants to talk about...

so yeah we need some friendly fire for Prescott because last year we saw the receivers make a lot of mistakes, the play calls the routes, the tip balls, at the line of scrimmage, his arm being, hit his jersey being grabbed it wasn't just the receivers was also the offensive line the lack of a run game at times.

12+88=7

Reaction score
The only turnovers that counted were the two against SF.

On the first I have seen many break it down as Prescott hesitating and then throwing it late. Watch his plant foot.

Same thing on the second. If he throws it when Lamb turns to the opposite side of the defender it's complete. It's the Witten move. The QB should read which way the defender is shading and throw it to the open side. But he's late with the throw so another defender can make a play on the ball.

Bottom line, don't mess up in the playoffs. Must play 100% mistake free football. Like Purdy played the whole year for SF.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I hate the obsession our forum has with this guy. Have nothing against him, seems like a hard working nice young man.
Hard working? That's debatable. First, you have to have the passion and desire to improve your game, and I don't see Dak being that kind of person. All he does is talk and make promises he has no intention of keeping. He's like Jerry in my opinion - he says things just to keep the media off his butt. Otherwise he doesn't give a damn about the success of the team, or the lack thereof.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do not blame the receivers for interceptions unless the ball bounces off their hands or its a timing throw and the QB is throwing to a spot (Dak doesn't do these much). The main reason is Dak can throw the ball away or pull it and run if the guys aren't running things correctly. But when you see defenders between you and brown and chunk up the ball well that INT is on you, pick #2. It would help if the receivers would attack the ball but they werent last year and as the QB you gotta recognize their inability or unwillingness to do so and take less chances. That's why I loved early Dez, dude fought hard for the rock, Cd does too.
Why not ? last year we saw the receivers make a lot of mistakes, the play calls, the routes, the tip balls at the line of scrimmage, his arm being, hit his jersey being grabbed it wasn't just the receivers was also the offensive line. Set on just playing the receivers how about to three or four interceptions happen when he was about to throw the ball and the offensive line did not block long enough and his jersey got grabbed from behind during his follow through or his arm being hit during a follow through or the balls that are being tipped at the line because there was no push therefore the line got stood straight up and the ball was easily tipped literally there's a reason people break these down to show that Prescott's not just being reckless all the time and just forcing balls and causing these interceptions all quarterbacks do that every once in a while many of the best ones have far more interceptions and turnovers than Prescott has but at some point if all the media and fans especially the haters and trolls talk about is last year's interception issues then yes it needs to be broke down and some blame needs to be put on other people that's the issue here it doesn't seem like Josh Allen and Peyton Manning and Brett farve and Matthew Stafford has their excessive turnovers broke down and have nicknames for them but somehow Prescott is all they talk about is the interceptions last year,

as if all the other quarterbacks in the league are immune, how about this we already saw the interception totals from the last two years and Prescott only has one more than Patrick mahomes there three or four other quarterbacks a couple big name starters that have more, one is Josh Allen leads the league since he's been in the league in iNTs..

Why does the media and other people's fanbases make fun of him and constantly breakdown his mistakes??? that's why there's so much back and forth between haters or critics and defenders of Prescott because he's the one being targeted the most he's a Dallas cowboy quarterback, he's always under a much larger microscope than the rest of them , that's a fact.

I watch all the sports shows, listen to the radio stations,see SM, and I don't hear many other quarterbacks Being broke down as much as Prescott is and as much as Tony Romo was, that's what happens when you play for the Dallas Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You realize how you're making our point,

there are quarterbacks out there like Josh Allen who has as many or more turnovers he actually leads the league since he was drafted and yet nobody talks about his interceptions or turnovers..

No big deal huh??

but Prescott seems to be broke down at every level, and being overly criticized, that's the problem.

that's why people have to over defend Prescott because nobody really talks about how bad of a turnover machine one Peyton Manning or Brett farve or some of these other really good quarterbacks but yet they just seem to concentrate on the Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks all the shows this morning they were talking about it on first take it was ridiculous the things that old Prescott hater was saying it was all wrong too.

we're saying that these types of breakdowns are needed because the haters do nothing but talk about his interceptions as if no other quarterback does it you know nobody's talking about Matthew Stafford had over 20 turnovers with the Rams because they won the Super bowl but he had two interceptions in the Super bowl nobody's talking about because they won,

he didn't win that game by himself ,his team bailed him out. so we have to constantly hear the haters put Prescott and Romo under a microscope because they play for the Dallas Cowboys.

so threads like this are needed.

Absolutely coach if you don't understand that then you haven't been paying attention and yes we had to do this with Tony Romo you put his name in there as if we didn't but nobody brings up the fact that Troy Aikman was on one of the best teams in Cowboys history and he still threw 141 interceptions in his career right , now Prescott is only at 65 and already has more TDs but that's all anybody wants to talk about...

so yeah we need some friendly fire for Prescott because last year we saw the receivers make a lot of mistakes, the play calls the routes, the tip balls, at the line of scrimmage, his arm being, hit his jersey being grabbed it wasn't just the receivers was also the offensive line the lack of a run game at times.
bb, it's not friendly fire, it is excuse making and the people in the media discussing Prescott could care less what a bunch of fans think about him.

It is in the past and it would be best for Prescott if people left it there and let him get his head right and not carry anything forward that could be a distraction.

What I do get and have been paying attention about is either members here like or dislike Prescott and all the excuse making isn't going to change that at all. It's is just another arrow in the quiver of the non-stop obsession with this guy.

As far as the number of Prescott threads needed, I think we've fulfilled the quota through 2028. However, I am not criticizing or saying members do not have the right to start as many threads about him, I just hit an overload and needed to vent.