BTB: Big Mike rated second best in NFL when it comes to in game decisions!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you want it to cost us a playoff game?
So... you can see the owner's embarrassment?

Sounds pretty petty, but okay.
Well Corso, you should know that what fans say or want, or who they cheer for to lose or win, has no effect on outcomes of games lol.
If it did I would be a millionaire! Just bet on a team and cheer for them to win, instant money!
The cowboy players and coaches dont even know we exist, so what we think matters not .

I for one hate to see jerry hold another SB trophy, after the way he has treated Jimmy and the roh thing. Also for what he has made us fans endure for 25 years.
For that I hope he never wins another SB.
However that has no bearing on whether Cowboys will get to and win another SB while Jerry is GM.

He did have me worried this season though lol .....until the Denver game.

Jimmy should have been put in ROH in 2014 or 16, and now 5-6 years later , it really is too late to be meaningful to Jimmy or fans.
If he waits till Jimmy is dead or sickly it just wont mean much. and it shows what type of person Jerry really is.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So are you disappointed in the head coach's decision to go for it or the OC's play calling?
Or maybe the players execution?
I would say coach's decision, because 1st qrt 0-0 it is stupid to gamble on 4th down , and risk giving the other team prime field position.
Same thing for a long fg.
Because if either fail it is essentially like a turnover and gives the other team a short field, and the momentum.
Mike has gone for it way too much, on our side of 50 and just the other side, and it has given the edge to other teams and resulted in several losses.

Other coaches are doing it too, so something of a fad right now I guess.

It is like going for 2 points after every td, the best you can hope for is 50% success, so why do it?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Corso, you should know that what fans say or want, or who they cheer for to lose or win, has no effect on outcomes of games lol.
If it did I would be a millionaire! Just bet on a team and cheer for them to win, instant money!
The cowboy players and coaches dont even know we exist, so what we think matters not .

I for one hate to see jerry hold another SB trophy, after the way he has treated Jimmy and the roh thing. Also for what he has made us fans endure for 25 years.
However that has no bearing on whether Cowboys will get to and win another SB while Jerry is GM.

Jimmy should have been put in ROH in 2014 or 16, and now 5-6 years later , it really is too late to be meaningful to Jimmy or fans.
If he waits till Jimmy is dead or sickly it just wont mean much. and it shows what type of person Jerry really is.
Lol! Jimmy left cuz he wanted all the glory....he was the hired help and didn't know his place.....if he showed some humility and loyalty we would have won a fee more trophies.....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ya know I do find it amusing. Some people have used Aaron Rodgers past comments and him throwing McCarthy under the bus, as an argument against McCarthy.

when there is pretty ample evidence that 1. Rodgers is a selfish egomaniac who struggles with interpersonal relationships and constantly blames others. 2. Rodgers has since, showed some pretty piss poor judgment himself.

Honestly I couldn’t care less what Rodgers opinion of McCarthy is. Rodgers is the type of person that likely thinks everyone he encounters is less intelligent than he is. Which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I would say coach's decision, because 1st qrt 0-0 it is stupid to gamble on 4th down , and risk giving the other team prime field position.
Same thing for a long fg.
Because if either fail it is essentially like a turnover and gives the other team a short field, and the momentum.
Mike has gone for it way too much, on our side of 50 and just the other side, and it has given the edge to other teams and resulted in several losses.

Other coaches are doing it too, so something of a fad right now I guess.

It is like going for 2 points after every td, the best you can hope for is 50% success, so why do it?
We are missing most of our starting defensive line. The coach wants to get points on the board as soon as possible so he can to try and keep the other offense from running the ball on our defense. If we can put enough points on the board early we can force the other team to abandon the run and we can focus on a one dimensional team and force them to gamble.

We have (had) the no. 1 offense in the league and we should be able to do this, but so far we haven't. The strategy is the same, we just have to improve the execution on 4th down.

It is two losses and not several. Neither one of those had anything to do with going for it on fourth down.

goshan

Reaction score
Yea the analytical BS is annoying and going for it on almost every 4th and short is embarrassing.

I can’t wait to see Jethro’s expression when it cost us a playoff game.

Facts are the analytics are based upon historical data. Don't know how you can say embarrassing.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Nobody said he was perfect.

Just as an example Tom Brady is considered by most the greatest of all time and just last year he forgot it was 4th down. Players and coaches both make mistakes but some of you act like McCarthy is the only one that has made mistakes. All the best coaches had some kind of mistake on in game decisions

Dude, give it up....that’s the only example you have for Brady after all his years and pressure playoff games. MM squally has at least one example of stupidity every game. When he has a clean game it is notable. So you like failed 4th down try’s on your own 34 huh ?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I love you bro, but this sounds like schizophrenia.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ya know I do find it amusing. Some people have used Aaron Rodgers past comments and him throwing McCarthy under the bus, as an argument against McCarthy.
when there is pretty ample evidence that 1. Rodgers is a selfish egomaniac who struggles with interpersonal relationships and constantly blames others. 2. Rodgers has since, showed some pretty piss poor judgment himself.
Honestly I couldn’t care less what Rodgers opinion of McCarthy is. Rodgers is the type of person that likely thinks everyone he encounters is less intelligent than he is. Which couldn’t be further from the truth.

:clap::clap:

Zman5

Reaction score

Same people ignore the good things Favre has said about MM. Favre led the league in INT the season before MM was hired with 29. The two years under MM, his INT dropped to 18 then 15.
I hear people keep saying MM hasn't won a SB without Rodgers but same thing can be said about Rodgers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We are missing most of our starting defensive line. The coach wants to get points on the board as soon as possible so he can to try and keep the other offense from running the ball on our defense. If we can put enough points on the board early we can force the other team to abandon the run and we can focus on a one dimensional team and force them to gamble.

We have (had) the no. 1 offense in the league and we should be able to do this, but so far we haven't. The strategy is the same, we just have to improve the execution on 4th down.

It is two losses and not several. Neither one of those had anything to do with going for it on fourth down.
I think IMO that was why dallas lost the denver game.
I dont remember the TB game if he went for it then or not, but I was referring to his whole time here, which includes last year.

The coach wants to get points on the board as soon as possible.......well sure , they all do, but
that doesnt justify going on 4th down all the time.
Denver was not a powerhouse offense, and they gave them short fields which allowed them to score more points than they had in any game this season.
The 4th downs were not the sole reason they lost, but it took the air out of dallas players,
and pumped up the denver players, which led to the rest of the game .

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I am guessing that most people don’t like MM because he’s not the coach they wanted. He’s got flaws like every single NFL coach, but he’s won a SB and he’s got us 6-2.