BTB: Big Mike rated second best in NFL when it comes to in game decisions!

RonWashington

Reaction score
So are you disappointed in the head coach's decision to go for it or the OC's play calling?
Or maybe the players execution?

Starts at the top. McCarthy has to go for it on 4th and throw the FG in the garbage. Not the OC not the players. This article is about coaches “ decisions “.

The Bronco game is prime example. Losing both 4th down decisions gave the Broncos hope early that they weren’t in for a blow out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Facts are the analytics are based upon historical data. Don't know how you can say embarrassing.
Which really have no place in making football decisions which should rely more on the feel of the game while sticking with more sound and traditional methods.

Analytics are based on percentages which may look good on paper but don’t always apply to reality of in game situations. They also don’t reflect the casualties when they don’t work.

Furthermore I don’t feel the rewards outweigh the risk.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
My eyes and common sense tell me he stinks at in game management and obviously their program needs some serious tinkering. Now his OC and DC are great at in game management which is I'm sure what pumped up this score.
It's funny how people on here will in general read a story they like on a particular topic and use it as a fact but ignore the ones that say the exact opposite. I'm sorry, but anyone who watches the Cowboys and thinks McCarthy is good at in game management needs to learn more about football, or, more likely, take off their cheerleader glasses when watching the games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So are you disappointed in the head coach's decision to go for it or the OC's play calling?
Or maybe the players execution?
I oppose going for it in most situations. I don’t feel the rewards outweigh the risk.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you want it to cost us a playoff game?
So... you can see the owner's embarrassment?

Sounds pretty petty, but okay.
I’m just saying if it did cost us a playoff game, the look on Jethro’s face would provide some comfort. Lol

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Starts at the top. McCarthy has to go for it on 4th and throw the FG in the garbage. Not the OC not the players. This article is about coaches “ decisions “.

The Bronco game is prime example. Losing both 4th down decisions gave the Broncos hope early that they weren’t in for a blow out.

Broncos beat the Cowboys Sunday when they showed up at the stadium. It was over before it started.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol! Jimmy left cuz he wanted all the glory....he was the hired help and didn't know his place.....if he showed some humility and loyalty we would have won a fee more trophies.....

Its funny how everyone leaves out Jimmy's part in the breakup....he was known for basically 4 year exits, everyone in his personal circle said he could not stay and was planning on leaving anyway. Jerry did nothing to help it but Jimmy absolutley started the fight and his own inner circle said it was on purpose.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dude, give it up....that’s the only example you have for Brady after all his years and pressure playoff games. MM squally has at least one example of stupidity every game. When he has a clean game it is notable. So you like failed 4th down try’s on your own 34 huh ?
So Brady only has 1 mistake in his entire career.....

Problem is when Garrett was here and played conservative you guys complained about not going for it. When he was aggressive, y'all complained. McCarthy same thing. But when i see some of you praising other coaches but yet not calling out their mistakes it shows a clear bias.

Im for one happy McCarthy is HC. Other than the Denver game, he has gotten this team ready to play and they have looked like one of the best teams in the league. I'm going to enjoy the season and you can complain about every little thing McCarthy does like a clown

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its funny how everyone leaves out Jimmy's part in the breakup....he was known for basically 4 year exits, everyone in his personal circle said he could not stay and was planning on leaving anyway. Jerry did nothing to help it but Jimmy absolutley started the fight and his own inner circle said it was on purpose.
us realist remember how it went down and they are equally at fault for sure..

MaineBoy

Reaction score
So Brady only has 1 mistake in his entire career.....

Problem is when Garrett was here and played conservative you guys complained about not going for it. When he was aggressive, y'all complained. McCarthy same thing. But when i see some of you praising other coaches but yet not calling out their mistakes it shows a clear bias.

Im for one happy McCarthy is HC. Other than the Denver game, he has gotten this team ready to play and they have looked like one of the best teams in the league. I'm going to enjoy the season and you can complain about every little thing McCarthy does like a clown

You’ll be crying the tears of a clown after you extract your head from your nether regions when we face a playoff team and your buddy MM forgets the clock and leaves us kicking a 56 yard FG or goes for it on fourth down from our 34. MM is a fat passenger on this ride.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Broncos beat the Cowboys Sunday when they showed up at the stadium. It was over before it started.

Don’t agree. If Leon Lett Wright doesn’t touch the blocked punt Pokes take it in beginning of 2nd half you have a one score game again and momentum swings

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You’ll be crying the tears of a clown after you extract your head from your nether regions when we face a playoff team and your buddy MM forgets the clock and leaves us kicking a 56 yard FG or goes for it on fourth down from our 34. MM is a fat passenger on this ride.
The good old McCarthy gets 0 credit line........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you watch other teams play and other coaches….you start to put things in perspective as a fan. But it all you do is watch Cowboys then you have no understanding on how to gauge players or coaches.