BTB: Big Mike rated second best in NFL when it comes to in game decisions!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These ranking are off. Their formula is flawed therefore it's inaccurate.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The good old McCarthy gets 0 credit line........

No, he gets credit for not being Garrett. But the bar was pretty low. And he does let his assistants do their jobs it seems, which is good. But as a game manager and clock manager ? It’s amazing he is so bad for an experienced coach.

johneric8

Reaction score
Because most of you either don't watch other coaches make mistakes or refuse to grade them on the same scale as McCarthy

You nailed this.. I posted the link to open up the flood gates of discussion since some folks around here think Big Mike is a product of Aaron Rogers.... LOL... HA HA..

If you really look at what Big Mike has done with our quality of depth and key positions and ability to work with other coaches cohesively I would say he is awesome.
People point to his clock management and forget the calls that got us to record we have.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No, he gets credit for not being Garrett. But the bar was pretty low. And he does let his assistants do their jobs it seems, which is good. But as a game manager and clock manager ? It’s amazing he is so bad for an experienced coach.
Guess you don't watch other coaches have worst decisions.

So no credit to McCarthy to having this team prepared to play every week, not counting Denver? What about all the players missing and yet McCarthy got this team ready. Guess it's everybody else, right.

Dak missed a game and Rush came in and Dallas got the win...... let me guess Moore gets that credit, eventhough he has been here for a few years and couldn't get it done before....

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You nailed this.. I posted the link to open up the flood gates of discussion since some folks around here think Big Mike is a product of Aaron Rogers.... LOL... HA HA..

If you really look at what Big Mike has done with our quality of depth and key positions and ability to work with other coaches cohesively I would say he is awesome.
People point to his clock management and forget the calls that got us to record we have.
Absolutely and i agree with what you say.

If McCarthy rode Rodgers coat tail how come Rodgers hasn't been to the superbowl without McCarthy

goshan

Reaction score
These ranking are off. Their formula is flawed therefore it's inaccurate.
Ha ha. What is flawed? It actually isn't complicated. It just ranks decisions based upon their impact to win probability.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Don’t agree. If Leon Lett Wright doesn’t touch the blocked punt Pokes take it in beginning of 2nd half you have a one score game again and momentum swings
They had zero points late in the 4th quarter what makes you think they would have scored after the blocked punt? They might have gotten a little momentum but this team wasn't going anywhere. The defense was on the field for 41 minutes and were totally gassed.

They came out flat and you might can convince yourself you are fired up but the reality is flat is flat. They had 4 quarters to get fired up but it never happened.

johneric8

Reaction score
Absolutely and i agree with what you say.

If McCarthy rode Rodgers coat tail how come Rodgers hasn't been to the superbowl without McCarthy
One thing that people really forget is that he took many QB's who struggled and turned then into guys that could play.. He even helped farve cut down on mistakes, the list goes on and on.. I think the thing that people fail to see with McCarthy is his even temperament and how it helps out the team. I think one of the things he doesn't get enough credit for is his knowledge of the game and his communication skills.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
One thing that people really forget is that he took many QB's who struggled and turned then into guys that could play.. He even helped farve cut down on mistakes, the list goes on and on.. I think the thing that people fail to see with McCarthy is his even temperament and how it helps out the team. I think one of the things he doesn't get enough credit for is his knowledge of the game and his communication skills.
Im happy with McCarthy. I just understand that many don't like him but many don't like anything. They complained about conservative Garrett, complained about McCarthy. They whine and cry about everything the team does. It's always the opposite of what they did.

If they go for it on 4th they whine that thet should settle for a FG. If they kick the FG then they complain about not going for it.

What's even more funny is they say McCarthy don't get any credit cause it's Moore and Quinn that make the decisions but then complain that it's McCarthy going for it..... bias much

MaineBoy

Reaction score

So no credit to McCarthy to having this team prepared to play every week, not counting Denver? What about all the players missing and yet McCarthy got this team ready. Guess it's everybody else, right.

Dak missed a game and Rush came in and Dallas got the win...... let me guess Moore gets that credit, eventhough he has been here for a few years and couldn't get it done before....

Other coaches sometimes make boneheaded decisions. MM is just more consistent. Having the team ready to play is more on enthusiasm of players - especially rookies and Dak and Zeke - and assistants having them prepared with game plans. Everybody ate the cheese after the Minny win before Denver. Good coaches like Jimmy and Parcells would have lit in to team to get their heads right and have them ready to play. MM ? He ate the cheese with everybody else, even though he is the HC and the one guy who could have set the right tone. But he ate the cheese like everybody else because he is just along for the ride.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am OK with his decision making but his time management is questionable.

Just how many people or companies out there doing what this EdjSports is doing? Seems like they're coming out of the woodwork with their own rating system. Who really cares?

McC is at 6-2 and I say that makes him a top 10 HC because that is a top 10 ranking.

I do wonder why he's like the QB and the one before him. Blame aplenty and credit downplayed.

His team is coming off an embarrassing loss and we'll get a really good look at what kind of bounce back HC he is Sunday.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Other coaches sometimes make boneheaded decisions. MM is just more consistent. Having the team ready to play is more on enthusiasm of players - especially rookies and Dak and Zeke - and assistants having them prepared with game plans. Everybody ate the cheese after the Minny win before Denver. Good coaches like Jimmy and Parcells would have lit in to team to get their heads right and have them ready to play. MM ? He ate the cheese with everybody else, even though he is the HC and the one guy who could have set the right tone. But he ate the cheese like everybody else because he is just along for the ride.
So Jimmy has never gotten blown out in a game? Just look at both superbowl years and you will see, yes even Jimmy had gotten blown off the field.

Like i said you guys complain about McCarthy but don't watch other coaches or refuse to talk about their mistakes

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Luuuuulz, smh.

“Everytime……except that one time!!!”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its funny how everyone leaves out Jimmy's part in the breakup....he was known for basically 4 year exits, everyone in his personal circle said he could not stay and was planning on leaving anyway. Jerry did nothing to help it but Jimmy absolutley started the fight and his own inner circle said it was on purpose.
We all know Jimmy wouldn’t have stayed long but until their fallout there was no indication it was coming after second SB win. Regardless it’s up to our Owner and GM to do everything within their power to retain our HC after back to back SB wins.

It was obvious Jethro didn’t receive the credit he was looking for resenting Jimmy was receiving most and becoming the face of the franchise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
us realist remember how it went down and they are equally at fault for sure..
I’m not sure why It would be considered equally?

What other owners and or GM have a problem with their Back to Back SB champion HC receiving most of the credit becoming the face of the franchise?

Jethro should have been hugging hiney after resurrecting his franchise from 1-15 to back to back SB champions .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We all know Jimmy wouldn’t have stayed long but until their fallout there was no indication it was coming after second SB win. Regardless it’s up to our Owner and GM to do everything within their power to retain our HC after back to back SB wins.

It was obvious Jethro didn’t receive the credit he was looking for resenting Jimmy was receiving most and becoming the face of the franchise.

Jimmy started the war in the media...Telling people in the media Jerry needed to suplly the money and shut up basically. But hey once again, they both ruined a good thing equally and have both said as much recently.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They had zero points late in the 4th quarter what makes you think they would have scored after the blocked punt? They might have gotten a little momentum but this team wasn't going anywhere. The defense was on the field for 41 minutes and were totally gassed.

They came out flat and you might can convince yourself you are fired up but the reality is flat is flat. They had 4 quarters to get fired up but it never happened.

That’s what a blocked punt back on 25 does for you. Momentum . One score down at worst 16-6 and kick off see if the D plays .

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You’ll be crying the tears of a clown after you extract your head from your nether regions when we face a playoff team and your buddy MM forgets the clock and leaves us kicking a 56 yard FG or goes for it on fourth down from our 34. MM is a fat passenger on this ride.

Clown

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jimmy started the war in the media...Telling people in the media Jerry needed to suplly the money and shut up basically. But hey once again, they both ruined a good thing equally and have both said as much recently.
Jimmy was right. And Jethro wouldn’t shut up .

Jethro wanted to be a football guy receiving some of the credit instead of just being the money guy like most owners. Winning back to back Super Bowls wasn’t enough.

Jethro deserved credit for bringing Jimmy in but again that wasn’t enough and it never has been. Screw him!!!