News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-people-who-want-to-move-on-from-dak-prescott

He tries as hard as he can without actually saying it, but he clearly thinks plenty of Cowboy fans are as clueless as ever. My favorite line of the article right here. Almost word for word what some of us joke around about:

I get it. A quarterback is absolute trash unless he wins a Super Bowl. The success of a team is only determined by his play. All you have to do is go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes.

NotForLong

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-people-who-want-to-move-on-from-dak-prescott

He tries as hard as he can without actually saying it, but he clearly thinks plenty of Cowboy fans are as clueless as ever. My favorite line of the article right here. Almost word for word what some of us joke around about:

I get it. A quarterback is absolute trash unless he wins a Super Bowl. The success of a team is only determined by his play. All you have to do is go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes.
I judge them based on my eyes

Hadenough

Reaction score

Maybe not Mahomes but how about Burrow or Josh Allen. You have to try to find the next stud QB. You just sit back and draft 6th round projects with very limited potential and your never going to get what you want. Dak did look like complete trash against the 49ers. Anyone that can't see that needs to get their eyes checked.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I have no issue moving on from Dak. What I don’t like about our fan base is, that people want to get rid of him with no equal or better option. And what I don’t like from the front office is they don’t put pressure on Dak by drafting a QB 3rd round or higher. I’d love to draft a QB in the second round. If Dak can’t handle the pressure of having a QB the team invested highly in, then how will he handle the pressure that comes with performing deep in the playoffs? Dak knows these 5th rounders won’t get any legitimate run. But a second rounder? Most definitely. It means the organization has a back up plan that may not involve him if he continues to underperform.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Wait, is he criticizing people who would replace Dak with Stroud??? What objective fan wouldn't? Ignoring talent (which you can argue either way depending on your agenda, I don't care) if you so choose and potential, the cap difference alone is huge.
I stopped reading BTB because it's just a cheerleader site

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Geno Smith for the Seahawks put up twice as many points as we did against the 49ers and I think he just signed a very team friendly contract.
And there in lies your problem. You think its only one guy that does all the scoring on offense.

Understanding the game is important. Cherry picking also doesnt prove anything other than you draw conclusions improperly.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess "fans" are being unreasonable to expect more than a one and done ceiling for this Dak led team. We just don't see Dak leading any team to even compete for the SB, much less win it. Shame on us for asking too much from Dak, even though he gets paid like it. Extend him, and extend the misery.

bewp7

Reaction score
yea that mind set is also how u lock into dak prescott, daniel jones, kirk cousins and ham string urself

sorry to say but both side go over board lover and hater

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Geno Smith for the Seahawks put up twice as many points as we did against the 49ers and I think he just signed a very team friendly contract.
That would mean something if you weren't talking about two NFCW rivals. That division is in a different "arms race" than ours.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wait, is he criticizing people who would replace Dak with Stroud??? What objective fan wouldn't? Ignoring talent (which you can argue either way depending on your agenda, I don't care) if you so choose and potential, the cap difference alone is huge.
I stopped reading BTB because it's just a cheerleader site
You actually have to read the article to find out what he is saying. And not thats not what he is saying.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You actually have to read the article to find out what he is saying. And not thats not what he is saying.
My bad. But, like I said, I stopped reading their ridiculous one-sided biased articles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yea that mind set is also how u lock into dak prescott, daniel jones, kirk cousins and ham string urself

sorry to say but both side go over board lover and hater
Most of us that defend Dak accurately defend that he is a top 10 QB. Nothing more, nothing less. Havent heard anyone here claim he is elite.

The overboard is one sided clearly.

There are the realists and then the dead wrong trolls. They have been wrong about Dak since day #1.

Slowly changing their opinions over time from Backup material, to bus driver, to average and been wrong about all of it.