News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My bad. But, like I said, I stopped reading their ridiculous one-sided biased articles.

Truth hurts doesnt it? Hard to find out how wrong you are and how bad you are at the QB/football thing?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have no issue moving on from Dak. What I don’t like about our fan base is, that people want to get rid of him with no equal or better option. And what I don’t like from the front office is they don’t put pressure on Dak by drafting a QB 3rd round or higher. I’d love to draft a QB in the second round. If Dak can’t handle the pressure of having a QB the team invested highly in, then how will he handle the pressure that comes with performing deep in the playoffs? Dak knows these 5th rounders won’t get any legitimate run. But a second rounder? Most definitely. It means the organization has a back up plan that may not involve him if he continues to underperform.
I 100% agree with all of it. We should constantly be drafting talented young kids. When one of them is as good or better, move on.

Simple team building concepts.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The issue isn’t Dak per se. He’s part of the systematic issue that Romo, Dak, the Jones family, etc bring and that’s too much talk. If Dak made the NFCCG twice and was knocking this wouldn’t be an issue. Same with the teams the last 2-3 decades. The franchise is stuck in the vortex and the QBs haven’t helped matters so they get blame. But the JG era is what put alot of stank on it

morasp

Reaction score
That would mean something if you weren't talking about two NFCW rivals. That division is in a different "arms race" than ours.
We've been rivals of the 49ers in the playoffs the last two seasons. If you want to advance in the playoffs it's a bigger picture than the division you play in.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-people-who-want-to-move-on-from-dak-prescott

He tries as hard as he can without actually saying it, but he clearly thinks plenty of Cowboy fans are as clueless as ever. My favorite line of the article right here. Almost word for word what some of us joke around about:

I get it. A quarterback is absolute trash unless he wins a Super Bowl. The success of a team is only determined by his play. All you have to do is go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes.
well we do actually have people who say, we need to go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes. all you have to do is look at KC. they did it. literally. people say that on this board

starfan1

Reaction score
I have no issue moving on from Dak. What I don’t like about our fan base is, that people want to get rid of him with no equal or better option. And what I don’t like from the front office is they don’t put pressure on Dak by drafting a QB 3rd round or higher. I’d love to draft a QB in the second round. If Dak can’t handle the pressure of having a QB the team invested highly in, then how will he handle the pressure that comes with performing deep in the playoffs? Dak knows these 5th rounders won’t get any legitimate run. But a second rounder? Most definitely. It means the organization has a back up plan that may not involve him if he continues to underperform.
I agree same mistake they made with Romo they are repeating with Dak

I also am not 1 that thinks he alone is keeping us down but he hasn’t shown good enough to overcome problems

starfan1

Reaction score
Geno Smith for the Seahawks put up twice as many points as we did against the 49ers and I think he just signed a very team friendly contract.
And both teams lost what’s you’re point

starfan1

Reaction score
Just making an observation feel free to draw your own conclusions. What's yours?
Bad observation if your argument is geno is better. Let’s see how he does this year .San Fran is a better TEAM than both Seattle and Dallas. Teams win championships not individuals

That said we can move on from Dak next year for all I care. If you want to blame an individual blame skeletor

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
well we do actually have people who say, we need to go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes. all you have to do is look at KC. they did it. literally. people say that on this board
EVERY day. When most of these types talk about QBing they use Mahomes as an example.

And when they talk about moving on from Dak they simply say "we can just draft another QB". LOL

No solutions, just random statements.

shabazz

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-people-who-want-to-move-on-from-dak-prescott

He tries as hard as he can without actually saying it, but he clearly thinks plenty of Cowboy fans are as clueless as ever. My favorite line of the article right here. Almost word for word what some of us joke around about:

I get it. A quarterback is absolute trash unless he wins a Super Bowl. The success of a team is only determined by his play. All you have to do is go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes.
Yes…..you are spot on as usual. We all think Marino was trash because he couldn’t win a SB.

morasp

Reaction score
Bad observation if your argument is geno is better. Let’s see how he does this year .San Fran is a better TEAM than both Seattle and Dallas. Teams win championships not individuals

That said we can move on from Dak next year for all I care. If you want to blame an individual blame skeletor
Points win games and we didn't score nearly enough.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Mahomes
Burrow
Hurts
Rodgers
Brady
Allen
Tannehill
Stafford

A list of QBs have who at least made a champ game appearance the last few seasons, if not accomplishing more.

It’s not just Mahomes, bro
Way to lower the standard from winning the Lombardi ;)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The issue isn’t Dak per se. He’s part of the systematic issue that Romo, Dak, the Jones family, etc bring and that’s too much talk. If Dak made the NFCCG twice and was knocking this wouldn’t be an issue. Same with the teams the last 2-3 decades. The franchise is stuck in the vortex and the QBs haven’t helped matters so they get blame. But the JG era is what put alot of stank on it
What do you mean the QB's havent helped? Nonsense. Neither has had the coaching or team around them to get beyond the 2nd round.

Was either Cowboys team better than the Niners the last two years? Definitely NOT. Those losses were predictable and what should have happened.

And Dak is a better QB than both Purdy and Garrappollo. So its about the team around each QB. Case and point.

Romo would drive the team down for the winning score, then the defense would cave and lose the game many times.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
We've been rivals of the 49ers in the playoffs the last two seasons. If you want to advance in the playoffs it's a bigger picture than the division you play in.
So if we had Geno piloting our offense, that would lead to us to being more competitive against the Niners? Is this what you're implying?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is...you don't have to be an astrophysicist to know NASA screwed up a few times. You CAN "use your eyes" (oh dear the dreaded and mocked "eye test"!)

Now I'm not saying Dak is ready to disintegrate. I'm just saying you don't necessarily have to know the inner workings or the exact solutions to know something isn;t right. If that's how one feels.