News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

offlimits

Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic that MM will do a better job of managing Dak and tailoring a game plan to his strengths. MM was coordinating NFL offenses when Kellen Moore was running around in diapers. JMO but I always thought that this kid was way over his head.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Its another rinse and repeat season coming up. But at least Dak is running out of excuses. Your right about the pressure mounting on Dak. The media isn't buying into Dak getting better. They have figured him out. Dak is a floater that just won't flush.
Again. Let's flush him out. Let's get rid of an under achieving employee.

Now find one that's better. And makes us better.

Perhaps you are the one who is floating ?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am cautiously optimistic that MM will do a better job of managing Dak and tailoring a game plan to his strengths. MM was coordinating NFL offenses when Kellen Moore was running around in diapers. JMO but I always thought that this kid was way over his head.
JJ said KM would "learn on the job".

Um excuse me what? The most storied and valuable sports corporation on the planet....and you are gonna let a failed NFL QB learn NFl offensive coordination..on the job?

He kidded us.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Um excuse me what? The most storied and valuable sports corporation on the planet....and you are gonna let a failed NFL QB learn NFl offensive coordination..on the job?

He kidded us.
Very true and lets all take a collective deep breath that he didnt elevate him to HC as the next "Tom Landry" like he did his mentor JG....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Very true and lets all take a collective deep breath that he didnt elevate him to HC as the next "Tom Landry" like he did his mentor JG....
It’s still yet to be seen if our problems were more about Moore or Prescott, etc.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree but i still dont think KM is ready for HC and I do think Jerry was absolutley thinking in the same lines as he did with JG.
It’s all speculation. I’m interested in accessing the results. We shall see.

But I’d argue Moore was retained by Jethro for Prescott. And the move by McCarthy was last gasp effort to save his butt.

How many HC and OC will we need to discover our issue could be our talent and toxic culture , not coaching. Again, we shall see.

And IMO think it was a great move for Moore to Chargers with a potential Elite QB. Cowboys are a dead-end coaching situation. He should be on the fast track now to becoming a HC.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s all speculation. I’m interested in accessing the results. We shall see.

But I’d argue Moore was retained by Jethro for Prescott. And the move by McCarthy was last gasp effort to save his butt.

How many HC and OC will we need to discover our issue could be our talent and toxic culture , not coaching. Again, we shall see.

And IMO think it was a great move for Moore to Chargers with a potential Elite QB. Cowboys are a dead-end coaching situation. He should be on the fast track now to becoming a HC.
Well i would point to some other area's..when was the last time we had OL injuries that didnt submarine the season? Also name me the last time a QB went down and we didnt lose almost every game...last when was the last time we won 12 games in back to back seasons...If it was not MM then who was it? I think Jerry lobbied for KM to stay for sure and i think MM caved and dealt with it...for sure we will see. KM with the Chargers doesn't really do anything to sway my opinion one way or the other because my argument was and always will be that he did not scheme the talent he had here to the best situatuions.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well i would point to some other area's..when was the last time we had OL injuries that didnt submarine the season? Also name me the last time a QB went down and we didnt lose almost every game...last when was the last time we won 12 games in back to back seasons...If it was not MM then who was it? I think Jerry lobbied for KM to stay for sure and i think MM caved and dealt with it...for sure we will see. KM with the Chargers doesn't really do anything to sway my opinion one way or the other because my argument was and always will be that he did not scheme the talent he had here to the best situatuions.....
I’m not really interested in opinions , only results . And if Moore has more success in LA and we have less success here, then thats evidence my friend .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well so far the results have been the same..you change the GM?
We haven’t had any results from this change yet with Moore.

But yea, I’d agree with some of your assessment.

Personally I thought Moore was optimizing Prescotts passing skills with a top 5 caliber passing offense.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

He kidded us.
And this was after a decade of Garrett learning on the job, and Jerry learning on the job for over 25 years. It's the Cowboy way now, and is why we haven't accomplished squat in all that time.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's right along the lines of what I'm thinking.

Basically, KMo said: "This is what we do, learn it and do it."

We need MM to base the O plan around what Dak does. Will he? I have a feeling he will, yes. To be seen!!!