News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It did not help the situation, but several of those years were aftermath of the paying so much leftover money to Emmitt and Troy and no 1st rounders because of Galloway trade. Jerry was in full throttle *** Jimmy and any fans that don’t side with him. Hand picking QC in the second round…Those teams would not have succeeded with a young Brady.
Those teams were in cap hell and using that as a reason to somehow cling to the mediocre bs we have today is just that bs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-people-who-want-to-move-on-from-dak-prescott

He tries as hard as he can without actually saying it, but he clearly thinks plenty of Cowboy fans are as clueless as ever. My favorite line of the article right here. Almost word for word what some of us joke around about:

I get it. A quarterback is absolute trash unless he wins a Super Bowl. The success of a team is only determined by his play. All you have to do is go out and draft the next Patrick Mahomes.
Cowboys can come up short with any number of QBs. If being "relevant" makes you happy, Dak is your guy.

I'd rather swing for the fences. 12 wins and an early exit or 4 wins and a high draft pick. Doesn't matter to me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboys can come up short with any number of QBs. If being "relevant" makes you happy, Dak is your guy.

I'd rather swing for the fences. 12 wins and an early exit or 4 wins and a high draft pick. Doesn't matter to me.
You’d rather have Quincy Carter. Got it.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
One thing is certain. If the Cowboys are all in on Dak, they better get him extended imminently so as not to repeat the waiting game mistake they made with his last contract.
Let's wait and see if Dallas wins the Super Bowl this year. Also, lets see if his number of interceptions decreases and his qbr rating goes back up.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Let's wait and see if Dallas wins the Super Bowl this year. Also, lets see if his number of interceptions decreases and his qbr rating goes back up.
Winning the SB is an extremely high bar to use for personnel decisions. Your turnover and qbr metrics have merit, but if the Cowboys are unable to assess and make the decision now, that speaks to a bigger organizational issue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not me, but I'd much rather have his D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That D was overrated. Quincy was soo bad that everyone just ran the ball on us knowing that we could barely score any points.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lmao...then you are a loser because change happens everyday, even you change. Change is good unless you are used to losing and are comfortable, then if not you change it up. Seven years and he still does not get it.
Change for the better is good.

Change for the worse is utterly stupid thing to do

Let's get rid of dak. Now make us better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Would you keep an under achieving employee for more that 7 or 8 years? Would you pay a guy from a College instead of a University top money? If he does not produce when you hire him, do you still want to keep him hoping he will eventually succeed? Dak is here for a year or two, I don't know, but if they extend him...well, I guess the JJ does not like change and Dak is getting older and regressing, and he is about a 6-7 tier QB injury prone lately.

If Dak demands an extension and JJ bends over again, good luck Cowboys.
It's about making the organization better.

Isn't better to get rid of an underachieving employee only to replace him.with one that's worse?

Let's get rid of dak. Now make us better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to give you credit for continuously trying to sell to us here in the CZ this TURD of a QB.
Patience as Sept. will bring once again verify how truly inept he is for the position he is so underqualified for.
More Boos and garbage are incoming for your man-crush Mr. Prescott.
Don't be surprised if he's benched at some point for Rush as circumstances now are full tilt pressure-wise for inepto Prescott who everyone knows is a deer in the headlights under pressure.
P.S. A trash QB is one who plays like Trash just like Prescott esp in important games.
Did you say turd.....I thought you didn't like that kind of talk....goes to show what a fake you are....:muttley:

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's about making the organization better.

Isn't better to get rid of an underachieving employee only to replace him.with one that's worse?

Let's get rid of dak. Now make us better

I have to give you credit for continuously trying to sell to us here in the CZ this TURD of a QB.
Patience as Sept. will bring once again verify how truly inept he is for the position he is so underqualified for.
More Boos and garbage are incoming for your man-crush Mr. Prescott.
Don't be surprised if he's benched at some point for Rush as circumstances now are full tilt pressure-wise for inepto Prescott who everyone knows is a deer in the headlights under pressure.
P.S. A trash QB is one who plays like Trash just like Prescott esp in important games.
Its another rinse and repeat season coming up. But at least Dak is running out of excuses. Your right about the pressure mounting on Dak. The media isn't buying into Dak getting better. They have figured him out. Dak is a floater that just won't flush.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
People are ok to burn down everything just to get rid of Dak. Pure silliness. Right now the team is very competitive..but with that said, the truth is also that the front office SHOULD be trying to find the next guy all the time. Right now there is absolutely nobody that can replace Dak long term and that includes noodle-doodle-Dandy armed Cooper Rush.
and would not be in this situation now if even a mid round QB would have been taken 3 years ago.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That was the worst time of my life as a Cowboys fan. With Parcells as head coach.
You didn't like BP trying to rediscover the 3-4 defense did you.
Other than that attempt, he really never made a difference in his tenure here..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He was so over the hill and outdated it was pathetic. And his "all I need is a bus driver" theory with QB's was his undoing. Then he let his best QB Romo rot on the bench for 4 years while he played an old and horrid Bledslow and Testicleverde after his poor decision that Quincy would be his QB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells was just looking for a final payday when he came to Dallas. He was a shell of himself. It happens....I know many that went through that. I did my last year, that's why I retired.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hated when Parcels went to the 3-4. Worse decision ever. It set the team back 10 years If not more.
it started a series of events that held the team back overall Well into Garretts time as well.

Going to a 3-4 not having the players, then focusing on that they still did not get it right.
Parcels quit, that prompted Jerrymto hire a 3-4 HC in Wade. Then his hand picked HC in training as they hired a spawn of Buddy for his 3-4 style. Then Rod and then going back to the 4-3. So now trying to get players that fit his system as opposed to the BPA and fit them into the system.

Now MM is overcoming all of that, finally. And Moore is gone, the last of Garrett’s system. It only took 18 years to get rid of Jerry / Parcels / Garret screw ups.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was so over the hill and outdated it was pathetic. And his "all I need is a bus driver" theory with QB's was his undoing. Then he let his best QB Romo rot on the bench for 4 years while he played an old and horrid Bledslow and Testicleverde after his poor decision that Quincy would be his QB.
He got lucky with Tony. From everything I listened to on the local radios, I believe Tony was going to be released on one of the cutdowns. As he was the 4th on the depth chart. When it came out that Carter failed a drug test, and may get suspended , as it was his 3rd failed I believe.
Parcels cut him, therefore allowing Tony to get to #3.
That is the way I remember it anyway And is my opinion l