News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

kskboys

Reaction score
Those who want to move on from Dak aren't taking into consideration the real probabilities that exist at present. He'll be around for some time yet to come, if this FO has anything to say about the future. Too many here like to vent their frustrations without considering the real truth of the matter. Jerry and Son have committed themselves to a contract that they're determined to see throughout its entirety. Like it or not, that's a fact. Accept it.
Maybe. Moving on from Wentz is what got Philly into the super bowl. What if Dak brought 2 firsts +?

conner01

Reaction score
Yea, we’d all love to have one of those Elite QB’s. But the reality of the NFL is about 25 of the 32 teams have to build around less than an Elite QB.
That’s is just the reality
All you can do is build around a good one because they are so rare

basel90

Reaction score
Yes, you need to draft one. Two great examples. But AZ failed twice, Cleveland, NY jets and giants, Chicago seemingly twice, panthers, Denver, Philly once, Rams so they traded, Tennessee, raiders, Detroit, Tampa all failed. So yes you have to take a chance. No doubt. But 95% most probably fail. And you gave example of two elite QBs one of them drafted as the top pick.

So the lower in the round you are, the lesser the chance of success. And to get a potentially good one , you need top 10 pick, which means you have to suck really bad.

So who is the can't miss prospect this year?

In the meantime teams have gone to and won superbowls with less than perfect QBs.

Dak is not elite. He is not as bad as the Dak haters claim nor as good as some of his ardent fans claim

The biggest biggest biggest challenge is Jerry Jones. He of the mindset that wanted to pick Manziel and trade up to get lynch. Do you trust him finding an elite QB?
you are right about jerry messing the picks. I am hoping some of the evaluators can spot such a winning QB. but jerry definitely has much more misses than hits especially if you count the ones he actually wanted but never got : Wents, Manziel. From the ones he picked we cannot forget how he gambled on Quincey Carter ..LOL

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Dallas has some doubt about Dak.

Dak was the reason we lost both playoff games vs the Niners.

He was terrible in both games.
Absolutely! Defense held the 49ers to 19 points with at least 6 of those points from Dak so it was really 12 points. And Dak lays a big fat egg. You can't expect anymore from the defense. They played their hearts out only to watch Dak unable to do anything. The Cowboys should of at the very least inserted Cooper Rush when Dak was playing so horrible. He wouldn't of been any worse than Dak.

GMO415

Reaction score
How extreme is getting pissed yearly after waiting 28 years for a SB appearance?

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Can you imagine the Dak gymnastics if Anthony Richardson or Will Levis Dropped to 26.
That would be wild. Honestly, it’s always good to draft talent high at Key positions. What has hampered the Cowboys is that they are hesitant to create a sense of urgency from certain guys. Part of the reason Dak got such a big contract is because the front office tried to pressure him a little but really didn’t have the means to do so and got caught with their pants down. Think 2020 he’s on that franchise tag and he gets hurt. If Denucci comes in and pulls something similar to a Brock Purdy as far as performance (getting yards, putting up points and is a reason for a few wins), the contract for Dak may be a little different. However, none of the guys that came in were anywhere near Daks level of production AND they lost games. Now Dak can come back and ask for whatever he wants. knowing they have nothing to replace him with. QBs are expensive. When you have your guy you lock him up early if possible. If you’re unsure or other issues occur, you have a plan in place (draft a QB). I like how the packers and patriots both handled the QB situation. The Packers drafted Rodgers while they had Brett Favre and when he started to pull his BS they were able to move on. Same with Rodgers, they drafted Love high. After two years of outstanding play after that move he regressed, and now they have a guy to replace him with.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What the writer of that utter waste of Bytes proved is that some people are just plain terrified of change.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Yea, 8 years isn't enough, we need to let the Process play out LOL
Exactly, 7 years and 4 playoff appearances , what the F in wrong with you people ?

But I could already guess where you were coming from , it's been 7 years and one of them he was sidelined with a gruesome injury

So that's six years, but carry on with the narrative. like I said Change for changes sake is for losers

stiletto

Reaction score
Replace him with who ? If a better option was available ok, but getting rid of a good qb because you and Pappy's Dogs don't like him

Something about a spec and a BEAM . How does it go ?
People are ok to burn down everything just to get rid of Dak. Pure silliness. Right now the team is very competitive..but with that said, the truth is also that the front office SHOULD be trying to find the next guy all the time. Right now there is absolutely nobody that can replace Dak long term and that includes noodle-doodle-Dandy armed Cooper Rush.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Exactly, 7 years and 4 playoff appearances , what the F in wrong with you people ?

But I could already guess where you were coming from , it's been 7 years and one of them he was sidelined with a gruesome injury

So that's six years, but carry on with the narrative. like I said Change for changes sake is for losers

lmao...then you are a loser because change happens everyday, even you change. Change is good unless you are used to losing and are comfortable, then if not you change it up. Seven years and he still does not get it.

Reaction score
lmao...then you are a loser because change happens everyday, even you change. Change is good unless you are used to losing and are comfortable, then if not you change it up. Seven years and he still does not get it.
Bro I'm not being a wiseass here, I did not say change, I said change for changes sake. And I'm sorry I'm old school , I value stick to it tivness. As long as I see steady improvement, I don't see how you can do anything but succeed.

I've been in City govt for more than 20 years, I cannot tell you how many wet behind the ears, hotshot wannabe geniuses, fixed things that weren't broken.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Tell that to the Eagles, Rams and 49's.

Reaction score
Just so it can be on record, CJ Stroud, Will Levis or any of the young Qb's available, Dallas Should go for it. I 'd be pissed if they didn't. Aaron Rogers, Joe Burrow, Pat Mahomes If they were available I'd say go for it.

But none of these guys are going to be magically available to us, And we won't be drafting high enough to snag one these up and coming generational Players. So I don't see the rationale in perpetually calling for Dak's job. It appears

irrational and HATE filled. JMHO

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Bro I'm not being a wiseass here, I did not say change, I said change for changes sake. And I'm sorry I'm old school , I value stick to it tivness. As long as I see steady improvement, I don't see how you can do anything but succeed.

I've been in City govt for more than 20 years, I cannot tell you how many wet behind the ears, hotshot wannabe geniuses, fixed things that weren't broken.

Would you keep an under achieving employee for more that 7 or 8 years? Would you pay a guy from a College instead of a University top money? If he does not produce when you hire him, do you still want to keep him hoping he will eventually succeed? Dak is here for a year or two, I don't know, but if they extend him...well, I guess the JJ does not like change and Dak is getting older and regressing, and he is about a 6-7 tier QB injury prone lately.

If Dak demands an extension and JJ bends over again, good luck Cowboys.

Reaction score
Would you keep an under achieving employee for more that 7 or 8 years? Would you pay a guy from a College instead of a University top money? If he does not produce when you hire him, do you still want to keep him hoping he will eventually succeed? Dak is here for a year or two, I don't know, but if they extend him...well, I guess the JJ does not like change and Dak is getting older and regressing, and he is about a 6-7 tier QB injury prone lately.

If Dak demands an extension and JJ bends over again, good luck Cowboys.
Under achieving I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Fact Dak has been the qb of steady upward movement. Playoff one and done one year, Playoff win on the road the next. We don't have the option of the scenario you painted in your

example , So I would stay with the one who has us in contention. He has proven improvement, what does Whoever we could get out of college shown? Nothing that's what. I have stated rather loudly I would draft a Qb to have and groom

for succession. But as of right now there isn't anyone on the horizon who gives us better odds at winning NOW. I'm a Dak supporter but let's keep it a buck, he can demand what ever he wants to. Dallas Ain't gotta give it to him. Un less he

scores a Super Bowl Victory by then. And even then he might not get what he wants

Blitzen

Reaction score
I generally assume that those who wish to simply move on from Dak without any actual plan for what to do after are simply too young to remember the QB wilderness the rest of us experienced from 2001-2006.
It did not help the situation, but several of those years were aftermath of the paying so much leftover money to Emmitt and Troy and no 1st rounders because of Galloway trade. Jerry was in full throttle *** Jimmy and any fans that don’t side with him. Hand picking QC in the second round…Those teams would not have succeeded with a young Brady.