Twitter: BTB: Dak pretty much owns NFC East

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What defense doesn't want any qb throwing on 3rd and long...lol that's football 101. Any d coordinator will tell you they want to stop the run and force 3rd and longs.:facepalm:

So true........pretty much the goal of any DC

baltcowboy

Reaction score
“When you play the Cowboys, and you talk to defensive coaches, they want the game on Dak’s shoulders. They want to stop the run game and make him throw on 3rd-and-longs.”
NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo

Ya cat's out of the bag on us and our offense......hope the NFC East doesn't feel the same way.......then again Skins and Giants have been pretty much DEAD the last 3 years.....make them pay Dak cause there pretty much screaming it ....they want you Dak to beat them?
Go Dak .......
That was the same plan with Tony Romo. It has more to do with Garrett's offense. We actually have home run threats on offense now. Let's see what happens.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
What team doesn’t want to make the opposing offense one dimensional and to get the opposing QB into 3rd and longs? I mean, really.
I was about to post the same thing. Forcing the QB to throw on 3rd and long is some brilliant strategy. Defensive coordinators should get big bucks coming up with that one.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So the Cowboys pretty much own the NFC East.

To emphasize this point, BTB points out that Dallas was 14-5 in the East the previous three seasons with Romo at QB (followed by 13-5 the past three seasons with Dak as QB).

Dak doesn't own the East. Romo didn't own the East. The Cowboys did, which probably is more of a testament to how bad the division has been overall than how great Dallas has been.
The Haters point of view.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

To emphasize this point, BTB points out that Dallas was 14-5 in the East the previous three seasons with Romo at QB (followed by 13-5 the past three seasons with Dak as QB).

Dak doesn't own the East. Romo didn't own the East. The Cowboys did, which probably is more of a testament to how bad the division has been overall than how great Dallas has been.
Doesn’t matter how bad it is. Divisional games are tough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When the Eagles were winning the division, playoff games, and going to NFCCGs with Andy Reid and McNabb, resident Cowboy fans on phily.com were telling Eagles fans that Cowboys fans would never settle for division titles and NFCCG appearances. They know only winning SBs. We were told to step aside and let the Cowboys show us how it's done.

And here we are.
Yep here we are with the Boys owning the Eagirls. As usual.

JayFord

Reaction score
I’m selling popcorn and peanuts $25 for the popcorn $15 for the peanuts

(I can charge that since this thread is about to be high traffic)

Techsass

Reaction score

I know I shoulda given you a LIKE for that because I agree, but I just couldn't do it.

Techsass

Reaction score
NFC east had 31 wins last year, 32 is average.
32 wins in 2017
39 wins in 2016

So in Dak's time the NFCE has been far from poor, it's actually been one of the stronger ones.

2014- 32 wins
2013- 28 wins
2012- 31 wins
2011- 30 wins

While during Romo's time the division was very bad, only hitting average one time between 2011-2014 and never exceeding average.
Remember when we were going 8-8 and only missing the playoffs by 1 game?

mcmvp

Reaction score
The Haters point of view.

A ridiculous take. And also hypocritical. So only a ‘hater’ won’t give Dak credit for this record?

Doesn’t it even begin to enter your brain that, using you logic, if you are giving Dak all the credit, you then must be ‘hating’ in the rest of the Cowboys team?

All he did was point out the ‘Cowboys’ recent success in the NFC East...but now he’s a hater.

Every board has player homers, but I’m not sure I’ve ever read posts from one as blind, and yet equally arrogant. But carry on...it’s at least entertaining...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A ridiculous take. And also hypocritical. So only a ‘hater’ won’t give Dak credit for this record?

Doesn’t it even begin to enter your brain that, using you logic, if you are giving Dak all the credit, you then must be ‘hating’ in the rest of the Cowboys team?

All he did was point out the ‘Cowboys’ recent success in the NFC East...but now he’s a hater.

Every board has player homers, but I’m not sure I’ve ever read posts from one as blind, and yet equally arrogant. But carry on...it’s at least entertaining...
You’re a newbie and don’t know posters past history. And where did I give Dak all the credit? Please enlightenment me oh wise one.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I'm still not happy with the league about that one. Such a lame call. Whoever called it should have been suspended.

Yep - 14 years in the League - didn't do anything different than he's done for 14 seasons ... have never seen that call before ... or since.

Fix was in on that game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're right. I hate when any one player is given credit for something the team did. As long as people keep doing it, I will keep correcting it.
The thing is that no one is giving all the credit to one player. That’s just something you made up to fit your hate agenda. Makes you feel good I suppose.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep - 14 years in the League - didn't do anything different than he's done for 14 seasons ... have never seen that call before ... or since.

Fix was in on that game.

I think it was just an official who overthought the fact that the defense jumped.