BTB: Doing DLaw Dance: Why the Cowboys just have to wait

Verdict

Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere. Why are people worked up over this?

I wouldn't say I'm getting worked up over it. I think you may be wrong on him going somewhere else. The tea leaves are indicating that the Cowboys are making a last gasp at trying to sign him before moving on.

I base that on the team starting to leak info about offers and when they are made. They are beginning to negotiate his contract in the media and that's probably a last resort type of thing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't say I'm getting worked up over it. I think you may be wrong on him going somewhere else. The tea leaves are indicating that the Cowboys are making a last gasp at trying to sign him before moving on.

I base that on the team starting to leak info about offers and when they are made. They are beginning to negotiate his contract in the media and that's probably a last resort type of thing.

Yeah, we disagree. Both sides know there’s not going to be movement until Clark and Clowney sign. There’s no incentive at all for Lawrence to move until then. He’s got leverage before the draft, and both of those signings are going to help him.

The Cowboys like to let the market work for them in these situations. They’ll wait until it’s set and make their real offers based on the comps. He might not take that offer, either, but we haven’t even gotten to the point in the offseason where it’s in play. We’re heading g a ratcheting up of the rhetoric this week just because it’s the owners meetings and people are talking.