BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes you do you now message me back! You’re going to do as you’re told!
lolololol.gif.cf.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
See what I’ve done to you? :laugh: Got you under my spell. lol Now message me back!
No, that’s you . You think you’re getting rid of me that easy. I guess this is the first time we’ve danced.I never surrender.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Gil does not believe it. He put Dak there because dak is the current quarterback, and fans are creatures of the moment. Same reason best of the last hundred years lists have only players from the last twenty.

Clueless analogy. Those lists are as you describe because they want people to read their article or watch their show.

Gil is 87 years old and isn't trying to sell anything. But nice job of rationalizing to appease yourself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, that’s you . You think you’re getting rid of me that easy. I guess this is the first time we’ve danced.I never surrender.

I have you completely under my control. lol The mods will put an end to it eventually by either locking you, I or both of us out of this thread. If the thread is moved to the dead zone I’m done. You can have the last word there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have you completely under my control. lol The mods will put an end to it eventually by either locking you, I or both of us out of this thread. If the thread is moved to the dead zone I’m done. You can have the last word there.
Fine with me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never would I have imagined that a few candid comments about Danny White would cause a fan to go over the deep end. Apparently they didn’t like my deer in the headlights comment. :laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
Well, heck, top seven:

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Eddie Lebaron
Danny White
Dak Prescott
Don Meredith
Tony Romo

Eddie Lebaron, 5'9, 168 LBS, and he makes the Pro Bowl in the Cowboys 3rd season, his career 4th. Considering the state of the Cowboy offense in 1962, this guy had guts. Excellent leadership.

Danny White had to wait 5 seasons to start. He bided his time as an excellent punter. However, when Roger got hurt in the 1978 playoff game against the Falcons, Danny came in the 2nd half with the Cowboys losing. He led them to victory. One of the Cowboy TD's came on a 2 yard pass to Jackie Smith.
When Danny took over as the starter he led the Cowboys to three consecutive NFC championship games.

Don Meredith was one tough SOB. Yeah, he was a character but there was no mistaking his toughness. This was during the time when there was no "in the grasp", "helmet to helmet", and you pretty much had to be guilty of assault for a D-linemen to be flagged for unnecessary roughness.

In one game, Don Meredith was playing with a pretty bad rib injury, so they fit him with a protective jacket that's filled with this red fluid. On one particular play LB Sam Huff bursts through the line and tackles Meredith so hard that it punctures the jacket. Sam Huff is standing there in absolute horror as this red liquid is oozing from Meredith's body. Don looks up at him, smiles, and says, "Now look what you did, Sam, you killed me!"

The Cowboys have a history of some pretty good quarterbacks. The Cowboys had QB's that were so good they couldn't keep QB's that made history for other teams.

Undrafted rookie Jim Zorn was the first Seahawk starting QB in their franchise history, he started several seasons.

Former 10th round quarterback Steve Deberg had a career that spanned 20 years. He was a starter for the Chiefs, Bucs, 49ers and Broncos. He passed for over 34,000 yards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know it’s fine with you. No way are you ever going to prove me wrong. I’m way too deep inside your head for you to ever move on. lol
Who says you were wrong . If that’s what you believe there’s no other way for you to tell it. Just a poor characterization and not totally accurate. My opinion isn’t for you but everyone else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who says you were wrong . If that’s what you believe there’s no other way for you to tell it. Just a poor characterization and not totally accurate. My opinion isn’t for you but everyone else.

It wasn’t poor characterization on my part it was the way you took it. Funny how it only affected you and no one else. What does that say about you? There’s a countless number of fans on this board and my comments only affected you. lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, heck, top seven:

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Eddie Lebaron
Danny White
Dak Prescott
Don Meredith
Tony Romo

Eddie Lebaron, 5'9, 168 LBS, and he makes the Pro Bowl in the Cowboys 3rd season, his career 4th. Considering the state of the Cowboy offense in 1962, this guy had guts. Excellent leadership.

Danny White had to wait 5 seasons to start. He bided his time as an excellent punter. However, when Roger got hurt in the 1978 playoff game against the Falcons, Danny came in the 2nd half with the Cowboys losing. He led them to victory. One of the Cowboy TD's came on a 2 yard pass to Jackie Smith.
When Danny took over as the starter he led the Cowboys to three consecutive NFC championship games.

Don Meredith was one tough SOB. Yeah, he was a character but there was no mistaking his toughness. This was during the time when there was no "in the grasp", "helmet to helmet", and you pretty much had to be guilty of assault for a D-linemen to be flagged for unnecessary roughness.

In one game, Don Meredith was playing with a pretty bad rib injury, so they fit him with a protective jacket that's filled with this red fluid. On one particular play LB Sam Huff bursts through the line and tackles Meredith so hard that it punctures the jacket. Sam Huff is standing there in absolute horror as this red liquid is oozing from Meredith's body. Don looks up at him, smiles, and says, "Now look what you did, Sam, you killed me!"

The Cowboys have a history of some pretty good quarterbacks. The Cowboys had QB's that were so good they couldn't keep QB's that made history for other teams.

Undrafted rookie Jim Zorn was the first Seahawk starting QB in their franchise history, he started several seasons.

Former 10th round quarterback Steve Deberg had a career that spanned 20 years. He was a starter for the Chiefs, Bucs, 49ers and Broncos. He passed for over 34,000 yards.
I’m not sure why Meredith isn’t more highly regarded amongst Cowboy fans?

He’s the only QB in Cowboy history to win Player of Year or MVP in a season and 1st QB inducted into Ring of Honor.

And basically just a couple last second plays away from beating arguably the greatest team in NFL history to win our 1st NFL Championships. He was one of the best pure passers our franchise has ever seen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It wasn’t poor characterization on my part it was the way you took it. Funny how it only affected you and no one else. What does that say about you? There’s a countless number of fans on this board and my comments only affected you. lol
Who knows how many read it. I wouldn’t assume many did. And so many on this forum are kids or of this era probably don’t even know. What a weird way to measure. If no one responds I must be right. lol

I see it as though no one else blasted Danny as you did. Thats what I do is look for opinions I totally disagree with or strike a nerve.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who knows how many read it. I wouldn’t assume many did. And so many on this forum are kids are of this era probably don’t even know. What a weird way to measure. If no one responds I must be right. lol

I see it as though no one else blasted Danny as you did.

Thats what I do is look for opinions I totally disagree with or strike a nerve and call out.

You can put whatever spin you want in your head but no one else wants any part of this. They all know you’re just looking for trouble. No one wants to look stupid sidIng with anyone who’s gone off the deep end. I’m starting to wonder if you’re a kid the way you keep carrying on. If you want to plant your flag on the mountain of a QB who had more INTs in the playoffs than TDs along with 9 fumbles go ahead. If that’s the QB you want to put up a fight to the bitter end for fight on! lol

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I will say this...

Romo played for a dozen years and had 2 playoff wins. 2. Best shot he had to win one he decided to take a week off and roll around in the sand with Jessica Simpson. Now most men should do this if given the opportunity but NFL QBs can pretty much call their shots when it comes to the ladies so it would have been wise for Romo to put football first. Never won a thing. His legacy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can put whatever spin you want in your head but no one else wants any part of this. They all know you’re just looking for trouble. No one wants to look stupid sidIng with anyone who’s gone off the deep end. I’m starting to wonder if you’re a kid the way you keep carrying on. If you want to plant your flag on the mountain of a QB who had more INTs in the playoffs than TDs along with 9 fumbles go ahead. If that’s the QB you want to put up a fight to the bitter end for fight on! lol
I’m a stubborn relentless old fool. Couldn’t careless what anyone else thinks. Danny isn’t a QB I’d place high up on our history of QB’s but I’d still argue you presented a poor characterization obviously based on your own opinions. Which you have every right to do as much as I do calling it out. And let everyone else decide for themselves.