BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m a stubborn relentless old fool. Couldn’t careless what anyone else thinks.

That we can both agree on. At least you stepped up and admitted it. :thumbup: This is a good place to end it. If you want to keep going that’s up to you. I have a lot of other things I’d rather be doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I will say this...

Romo played for a dozen years and had 2 playoff wins. 2. Best shot he had to win one he decided to take a week off and roll around in the sand with Jessica Simpson. Now most men should do this if given the opportunity but NFL QBs can pretty much call their shots when it comes to the ladies so it would have been wise for Romo to put football first. Never won a thing. His legacy.
Romo actually only played 7 full seasons. 07,08,09, 11,12,13 &15.
2006 was only half a season , 2010-6 games and 2015-4 games.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That we can both agree on. At least you stepped up and admitted it. :thumbup: This is a good place to end it. If you want to keep going that’s up to you. I have a lot of other things I’d rather be doing.
Anyone who’s followed me all of these years on the Cowboys forums know me well. And able to do other things while checking in on this .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So all the injuries don’t count.
He was on the roster all of those years but he shouldn’t be held responsible for the lack of success in the years or games he didn’t play. That would be like blaming the backup QB for the lack of success.

I think it’s important to accurately tell the story. It sounded like he played 12 full seasons which wasn’t the case.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He was on the roster all of those years but he shouldn’t be held responsible for the lack of success in the years or games he didn’t play. That would be like blaming the backup QB for the lack of success.

I think it’s important to accurately tell the story. It sounded like he played 12 full seasons which wasn’t the case.
the best ability is availability.

BTW only played 13 games in 2008 and 15 games in 2013. So your previous post was inaccurate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
the best ability is availability.

BTW only played 13 games in 2008 and 15 games in 2013. So your previous post was inaccurate.
Yes , thanks for correction. I listed 2015 instead of 2014.

And there’s no evidence we’d of had any more success if Romo had been more available. But that wasn’t the point of my response.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Look I liked Romo. I think Jerry screwed him with some of the worst GM decisions in history. That said, Tony was not a winner. We could argue if the guys lack of work off the field contributed to his injuries. What’s accurate is that he was in Dallas, and the face of the franchise, for a dozen years that yielded nothing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Look I liked Romo. I think Jerry screwed him with some of the worst GM decisions in history. That said, Tony was not a winner. We could argue if the guys lack of work off the field contributed to his injuries. What’s accurate is that he was in Dallas, and the face of the franchise, for a dozen years that yielded nothing.
I was a Romo critic as well. But he did elevate a lesser team most years. And I agree as did Jerry’s admitting in not surrounding Romo with a better team. We had a couple good opportunities in 2007 and 2014. I’d like to have seen that 2014 core on offense fielded a few more years together but it wasn’t to be.

I’m not sure I’d describe as “ nothing”. That sounds more like the Super Bowl or bust mentality. It was another disappointing era no doubt much like this one is shaping up to be. “Nothing “ to me is like 5-11 funk. Winning divisions and on the brink of a championship game I’d argue is more than” nothing”.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I was a Romo critic as well. But he did elevate a lesser team most years. And I agree as did Jerry’s admitting in not surrounding Romo with a better team. We had a couple good opportunities in 2007 and 2014. I’d like to have seen that 2014 core on offense fielded a few more years together but it wasn’t to be.

I’m not sure I’d describe as “ nothing”. That sounds more like the Super Bowl or bust mentality. It was another disappointing era no doubt much like this one is shaping up to be. “Nothing “ to me is like 5-11 funk. Winning divisions and on the brink of a championship game I’d argue is more than” nothing”.

Sorry this is the Dallas Cowboys. The bar should be higher. Getting smoked in the divisional round is not good enough. Again, I don’t blame it all on
Romo. I just can’t get over 2007. That one stung.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yes , thanks for correction. I listed 2015 instead of 2014.

And there’s no evidence we’d of had any more success if Romo had been more available. But that wasn’t the point of my response.
This is 100% false. Romo had a good record as a starting QB. Look at the W-L when he was injured. It was a disaster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry this is the Dallas Cowboys. The bar should be higher. Getting smoked in the divisional round is not good enough. Again, I don’t blame it all on
Romo. I just can’t get over 2007. That one stung.
I agree but the Bar has been lowered this era with Jerry’s ways. We are no longer the championship caliber franchise many of us grew to love. We shouldn’t place that burden on our players.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You obviously missed my point I was responding to that you corrected.
In 2013 he missed the final game of the season that would have got us into the playoffs. We lost that game by 2 points to the eagles.
In 2008 in the 3 games he missed we went 1-2 and again missed the playoffs by 1 game. And in those 3 games Brad Johnson had a QBR of 23.2.
Romo was a jinx

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree but the Bar has been lowered this era with Jerry’s ways. We are no longer the championship caliber franchise many of us grew to love. We shouldn’t place that burden on our players.

Don’t place the burden on the players? What?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t place the burden on the players? What?
We are no longer a championship caliber franchise as a result of Jerry’s ways. We should no longer be held to that bar. We are now more similar to some of the more dormant franchises across the league.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In 2013 he missed the final game of the season that would have got us into the playoffs. We lost that game by 2 points to the eagles.
In 2008 in the 3 games he missed we went 1-2 and again missed the playoffs by 1 game. And in those 3 games Brad Johnson had a QBR of 23.2.
Romo was a jinx
That’s a subjective opinion not a proven summation.

Id argue Jerry is a bigger jinx. We haven’t had anymore success this era without Romo.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That’s a subjective opinion not a proven summation.

Id argue Jerry is a bigger jinx. We haven’t had anymore success this era without Romo.
This is when you bow out gracefully. A real man knows and admits when he is wrong.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is when you bow out gracefully. A real man knows and admits when he is wrong.
Stating Romo was a Jinx is purely subjective regardless if we believe it or not. I’ve felt strongly with my opinions over the years as well believing in some so strongly that they must be true. But at the end of the day are just more dribble from another anonymous fan on a forum :)

Right and wrong is highly over rated in the opinion and analysts front . Fans even media personalities continue spewing it out day after day without little accountability.