BTB: Jayron Kearse vs Georgia safety Lewis Cine

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Wasn't all-time Cowboy great Zack Martin a college OT?
Indeed.

Smiths penalty issues were in part because he was on the edge, with so much space to defend. At guard, that won’t be an issue and he will be able to bring his size and immense strength to bear.

I expect him to catch on very quickly and be a real help early on in his rookie season. Of course there will be some growing pains, but he’s too talented not to make a difference.

blueblood70

Reaction score

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202..._content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=

Jayron Kearse is the reason nobody is talking about the Cowboys passing on Georgia safety Lewis Cine
The Cowboys had a first-round graded player right there for the plucking, but opted to go a different direction.

By DannyPhantom@DannyPhantom24 May 8, 2022, 8:00am CDT

why would they????
More whining from the whiney fan base??? see above any story becomes whambualnce 911

they brought back Kearse, Hooker and Wilson...we have a few young guys as well..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Indeed.

Smiths penalty issues were in part because he was on the edge, with so much space to defend. At guard, that won’t be an issue and he will be able to bring his size and immense strength to bear.

I expect him to catch on very quickly and be a real help early on in his rookie season. Of course there will be some growing pains, but he’s too talented not to make a difference.

I just fantasized about the average/mediocre Biadasz having 2 maulers at OG next to him, hoping Steele solidifies the RT spot. Why I would've figured out how to keep Collins, Smith(Tyron) is a walking injury. Just fixing the middle might help the whole line a lot though and I'm expecting the running game to be able to do more than hope Pollard busts a big one or just run Zeke behind Martin.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Heckuva coincidence on that honest mistake no?

Especially when it makes full sense that the name Lloyd probably should have had that same grade, and went to Utah.

Here's what probably happened.....and your guess is as good as mine, and thats all it is and doesn't matter in the least.......

They took a player in the 1st round that they didn't have a first round grade on and Jerry didn't like that look. Why else get so defensive?

All in all, I dont dislike the pick or Smith, I just don't like the reasoning. They may get away with it here, but it's just not good business overall.

Agree to disagree my friend. We are on the same side here.

Again, if you're looking for something .
Again, could it have been a mistake?
Mel had the Cowboys taking Smith, Broaddus also talked about them liking him

Reactions: BAT

RonWashington

Reaction score
When you cut Collins let Williams walk in FA ( both good moves ) your signaling we need an upgrade at OLine .

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the Bell out of Famu.
I coached with his cousin who said he has some Sean Taylor traits.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Joneses are so transparent. Jerry was running his mouth at pre draft press conference that the Cowboys would draft an offensive lineman unless Parsons or a CeeDee type player fell in their laps. Can you imagine the boards reaction if they drafted Cine with the 24th pick?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Did anybody really want us to take a box safety in the 1st round?

Especially when your SS is signed for two seasons (on a team friendly contract) and there was near meltdown when fans thought he wouldnt re-sign.

Most agree with OP, however, the Usual Troll Suspects have to find something to complain about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well it was a reach on their own board taking Smith. Not because of 13th overall vs 16th. That can be splitting hairs. It's the fact they had a 1st round grade on Cine and a 2nd round grade on Smith.
That’s not a reach.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just fantasized about the average/mediocre Biadasz having 2 maulers at OG next to him, hoping Steele solidifies the RT spot. Why I would've figured out how to keep Collins, Smith(Tyron) is a walking injury. Just fixing the middle might help the whole line a lot though and I'm expecting the running game to be able to do more than hope Pollard busts a big one or just run Zeke behind Martin.
Good point that Biadasz will be better if the LG is better.
- With Biadasz next to Connor or Connor, they couldn't scheme around the lack of power at both positions.

The issue with La'el is that both he and Steele are Right Tackles.
- Steele managed at LT when Tyron was out last season, but Steele is far better at RT.
- i.e. Keeping La'el wouldn't really improve the depth at LT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Heckuva coincidence on that honest mistake no?

Especially when it makes full sense that the name Lloyd probably should have had that same grade, and went to Utah.

Here's what probably happened.....and your guess is as good as mine, and thats all it is and doesn't matter in the least.......

They took a player in the 1st round that they didn't have a first round grade on and Jerry didn't like that look. Why else get so defensive?

All in all, I dont dislike the pick or Smith, I just don't like the reasoning. They may get away with it here, but it's just not good business overall.

Agree to disagree my friend. We are on the same side here.

you obviously don’t like the pick. Your just covering your butt.

fivetwos

Reaction score
you obviously don’t like the pick. Your just covering your butt.
Not true. Don't mind him at all. Just don't like the general practice of leaving higher ranked players on the board because you left yourself with a clear need for a starting guard.

kumizi

Reaction score
Just a year ago the Cowboys hit a home run taking BPA (Micah) and struck out reaching for need (Joseph and Wright). It appears they learned nothing.

They were obsessed with these two guys (Tyler Smith and Sam Williams) throughout the draft process like that one year they were obsessed with LVE.

Maybe it’ll all work out and the homers will call us criticizing the Cowboys idiots. But we’re not criticizing the results. We’re criticizing the process.