News: BTB: Jerry Jones should just put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor and end the drama

CCBoy

Reaction score
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys
Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

That is the end of that era and story.

Jerry, show your professional ethics and morales. You are better than what occurred in conflic a long time in the past...show us Cowboys fans you are one too. Not just an owner.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It blows my mind that currently, the only Cowboys HOF member who is not in the ROH is Jimmy. Non-HOFers Don Perkins and Don Meredith are in…but not Jimmy. Perkins and Meredith belong for sure, but Jimmy being snubbed?

It’s not only embarrassing, it’s enlightening. Not being able to put his petty grudges aside make JJ look even smaller than his playoff accomplishments the last nearly 3 decades.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now we are still trying to figure out why Jerry Jones hasn’t prioritized Johnson for such an honor considering the Triplets (Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, and Michael Irvin) are all in the ring of Honor.
Not sure who the writer LP Cruz thinks "we" are. Because everyone I know figured it out years ago.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I do think Jimmy should be in the Ring, but just for grins let's play devils advocate for a bit, shall we?

Looking at the players in the Ring of Honor, how many of them were on the team just a few years? The vast majority of them played for Dallas for 10 years or more. Charles Haley was on the team for 4 years only, but he was put on because if he wasn't, he would have beaten Jerry to a pulp (JUST KIDDING!) But Haley made an immediate impact, from 11-5 to a SB win his first year.
Only Landry and Schram and Brandt was non-players are in, and all were with the team for 29-30 years, oversaw the team from start to America's Team, many conference title games and league championship games.

Jimmy was only with Dallas for 5 years. And it's easy to say "his" team won another one, but the simple fact is he had been gone for 2 years before Dallas' last SB win, several key players left in that 2 years, the assistant coaches had a lot to do with the SB XXX win imho.
Jimmy won 2 SBs, same as Landry, but Landry went to 3 more, and the 1975 team got there largely due to Landry's coaching, with 12, count 'em, 12 rookies on the team just getting there was one heck of an accomplishment, losing to the Steelers, who won 4 SBs in 6 years meant they were an extremely good team, no shame in losing by 4 pts to them.

Just noting that there could be a case made that Jimmy doesn't deserve to be in the Ring, vs. others there.

And I would also note I'm not saying this is my view, just thought I'd throw out some thoughts. It IS the off-season, ya know!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I just fired this off to the Dallas Cowboys "contact us" general message dept.:

"Dallas Cowboy owner and operations "guru".

Quit skrewing over Jimmy Johnson and put him in the Ring of Honor. You're being petty and that's a horrible look.

He gave the Cowboys some of the best franchise times EVER! EVER !

Yeah, Jerry, that means you! Be the bigger man here! "

You'll have to sign your name to the message but being a Cowboys fan not a fan of management it was no problem for me.

Takes 2 minutes. If you appreciate the 1992 and 1993 season Super Bowls then just do it ! Here's the site

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I do think Jimmy should be in the Ring, but just for grins let's play devils advocate for a bit, shall we?

Looking at the players in the Ring of Honor, how many of them were on the team just a few years? The vast majority of them played for Dallas for 10 years or more. Charles Haley was on the team for 4 years only, but he was put on because if he wasn't, he would have beaten Jerry to a pulp (JUST KIDDING!) But Haley made an immediate impact, from 11-5 to a SB win his first year.
Only Landry and Schram and Brandt was non-players are in, and all were with the team for 29-30 years, oversaw the team from start to America's Team, many conference title games and league championship games.

Jimmy was only with Dallas for 5 years. And it's easy to say "his" team won another one, but the simple fact is he had been gone for 2 years before Dallas' last SB win, several key players left in that 2 years, the assistant coaches had a lot to do with the SB XXX win imho.
Jimmy won 2 SBs, same as Landry, but Landry went to 3 more, and the 1975 team got there largely due to Landry's coaching, with 12, count 'em, 12 rookies on the team just getting there was one heck of an accomplishment, losing to the Steelers, who won 4 SBs in 6 years meant they were an extremely good team, no shame in losing by 4 pts to them.

Just noting that there could be a case made that Jimmy doesn't deserve to be in the Ring, vs. others there.

And I would also note I'm not saying this is my view, just thought I'd throw out some thoughts. It IS the off-season, ya know!
Devil's advocate is a bad look. Devil has a place in He11.

2 SB's = Dallas' previous total in its whole existence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys
Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

That is the end of that era and story.

Jerry, show your professional ethics and morales. You are better than what occurred in conflic a long time in the past...show us Cowboys fans you are one too. Not just an owner.
No, he’s not better than what occurred a long time ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't care one way or another. As a matter of fact I wouldn't even show up. He wanted the last laugh by quitting, this would be the ultimate last laugh.
You know I actually believe you’re right. Jimmy gets the last laugh.

Once Jimmy became the only Cowboys hall of famer not in ring of honor it punctuated Jethro isn’t able to be the bigger man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

And you believe this is why Jethro is refusing to put Jimmy in the Ring. Lol

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Jerry is sooooo arrogant and petty….dude, GTF over it and put him in….u will still be rich and still own the team. This childishness on Jerry’s part is pathetic as hell.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Johnson was a great coach, and probably deserves to be in the ring of honor.

He did have the benefit of having an elite #1 overall draft pick QB. Elite QB's have a way of making their coaches look pretty good. Just think about Belichick or Reid. We've seen them with and without an elite QB. I wonder what Jimmy's legacy would have been without that luxury?