News: BTB: Jerry Jones should just put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor and end the drama

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news..._VVmjBeKpfYft4-A0XE6-cv9bEnNZBlgUye66sQ2iR6uU

what was the Miami Hurricanes upset at Jimmy because it took them longer to put him in their Ring of Honor which is happening this year so you guys can keep accusing Jerry of lying but unless it never happens it's not a lie he's just going to do it whenever he feels like doing it but we'll find out sometime in the future if it never happens but right now it's not a lie he says he's going to put him in the Ring of Honor but he's going to do it whenever he feels like doing it

so unless you find me some proof that the Miami Hurricanes had a grudge against Jimmy then I'd say that they took longer I mean wasn't he one of the best coaches that Miami Hurricanes ever had won a national championship tons of players went into the NFL and yet they took longer than Jerry I'm just trying to make a point here I do agree it's past due time Jimmy gets in our Ring of Honor but the time frame and the accusation he's lying it's all false until it never happens
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, although I shall continue calling Jerry Jones a liar if-and-until he inducts Jimmy Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor. I checked the University of Miami Hurricane's Ring of Honor (link).

Steve Walsh is in the Hurricanes' Ring. Quarterbacked Miami to a national championship in 1987. Almost did the same in 1988. Then bounced around the NFL for a decade. Dude was inducted into Miami's Ring in 2009, 22 years later.

On the other hand, Howard Schnellenberger coached the Hurricanes to their FIRST National Championship in 1983. First in program history. How was he honored?

He was inducted into their Ring of Honor in September 2021. Nearly 40 years later and SIX MONTHS after he died.

Dug a little deeper. Link: "The selection of UM's Ring of Honor members is determined by the director of athletics and head football coach, in conjunction with an anonymous advisory committee."

Miami has a multi-person Ring selection process of some kind. Pathetic. They have more people to do the right thing and they are just as flawed as Jerry Jones in pulling the trigger.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, although I shall continue calling Jerry Jones a liar if-and-until he inducts Jimmy Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor. I checked the University of Miami Hurricane's Ring of Honor (link).

Steve Walsh is in the Hurricanes' Ring. Quarterbacked Miami to a national championship in 1987. Almost did the same in 1988. Then bounced around the NFL for a decade. Dude was inducted into Miami's Ring in 2009, 22 years later.

On the other hand, Howard Schnellenberger coached the Hurricanes to their FIRST National Championship in 1983. First in program history. How was he honored?

He was inducted into their Ring of Honor in September 2021. Nearly 40 years later and SIX MONTHS after he died.

Dug a little deeper. Link: "The selection of UM's Ring of Honor members is determined by the director of athletics and head football coach, in conjunction with an anonymous advisory committee."

Miami has a multi-person Ring selection process of some kind. Pathetic. They have more people to do the right thing and they are just as flawed as Jerry Jones in pulling the trigger.
sorry, you made my point for me. Takes other entities longer to induct the very person we are discussing, and the excuses keep coming plus OTHERS. Good job though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can't do it while he's still trying to win his own Super Bowl. His ego won't allow it. To have to sit there and watch a stadium full of fans honoring the architect of our dynasty while he has flopped for three decades would just kill him.

This is the only reason why it hasn't happened yet. He's a small, petty man and I can't wait until he's gone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd put Jay Ratliff in for wanting to beat the crap out of Jerry.

Quitters don't get in. Sorry Jimmy, now go get some hair spray so the wind on your boat doesn't mess that hair up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry, you made my point for me. Takes other entities longer to induct the very person we are discussing, and the excuses keep coming plus OTHERS. Good job though.
Thinking Jerry Jones or a group of people collectively not doing the right thing, is not proving a point. It is an absurdity.

Marge Simpson talks with a Hurricanes Ring of Honor decision-maker back in 2009...

xr7eb5F.png

Jimmy Johnson's Wikipedia page reminded me of some things that was bouncing around ESPN and other sports media back in the day. Johnson sparked some controversies as the Hurricanes' head coach. The media labeled his teams as the 'Bad Boys of College Football'. I remember one of the university's administrators being interviewed and disapproved of the school's reputation (paraphrasing) being sullied. My recollection is not as clear of Johnson blocking the university from retiring Bernie Kosar's jersey but I remember that as well.

It is likely that people, associated with the university and its Ring of Honor process, have long memories and misgivings as Jerry Jones. Such emotions can skew an individual's motivations for doing the right thing. The similar hurt feelings may have attributed to the dissing of Howard Schnellenberger publicly speaking poorly of the university's tiny football budget, which helped pushed him into accepting a USFL coaching job.

Thankfully, Johnson is still in good health and hopefully will receive his long overdue Ring of Honor recognition in September. Schnellenberger never got that opportunity above ground. People are so strange. Johnson was inducted into the University of Miami Hall of Fame in 1996. That Hall of Fame committee is a freaking 501c3 corporation, "whose sole purpose is to recognize those student athletes, coaches and administrators who have contributed the most to Hurricane Athletics over the years."

A corporation doing the right thing in a timely manner. Who knew? Guess I will play some Jazmine Sullivan Pick Up Your Feelings while thinking of the UMROF committee. And Jerry Jones. lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thinking Jerry Jones or a group of people collectively not doing the right thing, is not proving a point. It is an absurdity.

Marge Simpson talks with a Hurricanes Ring of Honor decision-maker back in 2009...

xr7eb5F.png

Jimmy Johnson's Wikipedia page reminded me of some things that was bouncing around ESPN and other sports media back in the day. Johnson sparked some controversies as the Hurricanes' head coach. The media labeled his teams as the 'Bad Boys of College Football'. I remember one of the university's administrators being interviewed and disapproved of the school's reputation (paraphrasing) being sullied. My recollection is not as clear of Johnson blocking the university from retiring Bernie Kosar's jersey but I remember that as well.

It is likely that people, associated with the university and its Ring of Honor process, have long memories and misgivings as Jerry Jones. Such emotions can skew an individual's motivations for doing the right thing. The similar hurt feelings may have attributed to the dissing of Howard Schnellenberger publicly speaking poorly of the university's tiny football budget, which helped pushed him into accepting a USFL coaching job.

Thankfully, Johnson is still in good health and hopefully will receive his long overdue Ring of Honor recognition in September. Schnellenberger never got that opportunity above ground. People are so strange. Johnson was inducted into the University of Miami Hall of Fame in 1996. That Hall of Fame committee is a freaking 501c3 corporation, "whose sole purpose is to recognize those student athletes, coaches and administrators who have contributed the most to Hurricane Athletics over the years."

A corporation doing the right thing in a timely manner. Who knew? Guess I will play some Jazmine Sullivan Pick Up Your Feelings while thinking of the UMROF committee. And Jerry Jones. lol.
disagree again! JJ just now being inducted into the Hurricanes ROH says its not horribly late for Jerry to not have added him YET>>>> Next

IM sure it will
happen and its not lie until its proven as such.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
disagree again! JJ just now being inducted into the Hurricanes ROH says its not horribly late for Jerry to not have added him YET>>>> Next

IM sure it will
happen and its not lie until its proven as such.
lol @ 'it's not horribly late' stated in 2023, as if 35 years for Miami's committee and 29 years (and counting) for Jones was yesterday.

lol @ 'I'm sure it will happen' both after Jones clearly implied August 2021 that he would induct Johnson 'soon' instead of 'later' and it is a recorded fact he can induct anyone within a few months of making the decision.

You are sure it will happen. Are you willing to given a hypothetical time when that eventuality will actually occur?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It won't happen while they are both alive. Jerry is a sad little man.