BTB: Should Cowboys take a look at former-first round pick Shaq Lawson if released by Bills?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yfans seem to be of the belief that we have all of these embarassing riches at defensie end...I just don't see it. I see the potential yeah.....but i see Irving and Lawrence....not much else aside from potential and promises.

And Irving is probably a better 3Tech than DE too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely. I have no idea what the problem is, but this kid can play.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I liked him during the draft but he's got some red flags. How's his shoulder? The bills could try to trade him unless there's a big issue we don't know.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agree @Tapper. His last shot in TC. Gregory... zero expectations. Crawford will stay at RDE, Ealy, again questions. I'm ok with Taco, let him get there with a little more NFL experience. I'm not even convinced Tank will have 2017 season again. All good clean competition IMO

If Gregory is back and seems ready to play, I'd move on from Crawford. I'd rather be giving Gregory and Taco snaps. Maybe Tapper and Armstrong too.

Sit Gregory, Taco, Tapper, Armstrong, and Ealy, so we can spend another season playing Crawford out of position?

No. Move on. Play the young guys, so we know what we have when we decide on Crawford next year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It seems unlikely that he will be cut.

He has only played 2 years.
His 2018 salary is only 1.4M.
Great run defense will keep a 4-3 DE around even if he has not produced sacks.

This. How stacked would a team have to be to cut a 1st round pick before his 3rd season, when he has actually produced in his first year after a position switch?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked him during the draft but he's got some red flags. How's his shoulder? The bills could try to trade him unless there's a big issue we don't know.

Yeah, the big issue is that he's not very good.

Being near Buffalo, we get all of their games and he's been mostly a non-factor.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Gregory is back and seems ready to play, I'd move on from Crawford. I'd rather be giving Gregory and Taco snaps. Maybe Tapper and Armstrong too.

Sit Gregory, Taco, Tapper, Armstrong, and Ealy, so we can spend another season playing Crawford out of position?

No. Move on. Play the young guys, so we know what we have when we decide on Crawford next year.

The Crawford hate is always laughable to me.

Look beyond the contract. The guy has actually been a pretty decent player for us. He's not taking snaps from anyone as Marinelli rotates guys anyway.

jrumann59

Reaction score
the bills are dumb. A pass rusher needs time especially if you are going to change what he is college DE to NFL 3-4 OLB back to hand in the dirt DE. Ok I get he is a 1st round talent, he has "under performed" but as OLB he was not comfortable then you put him back to his more natural position and production doubled. Unless he is some sort of team cancer you do not get rid of 1st rounder before they play year 3.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Yeah, the big issue is that he's not very good.

Being near Buffalo, we get all of their games and he's been mostly a non-factor.

Same here but I'm going to respectfully disagree with you my man. I feel he's a casualty of the system which caused his performance to suffer. Injuries notwithstanding. He was moved to LB in his first season, spent the entire year getting accustomed to the position only to be moved back to DE the following year. As someone mentioned earlier, it takes time for pass rushers to develop their 'craft'. He's spent most of his time in Buffalo learning a new position/being out of position that he's yet to solely focus on the techniques required to sack an NFL QB. His run stopping abilities are above average, in my opinion, and I see no reason why he can't show that 'beast' form, from his Clemson days, just as long as he gets the time and opportunity to do so.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Any quality player released from a team that’s a position of need for us we should look at.