News: BTB: Surprise! These five Dallas Cowboys have exceeded training camp expectations

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
that is only part of his job, he is the dc so he is responsible for the whole defense , game planning, and play calling.
The defense since he took over has been good at times bad at times, never anything special, and has
been bad at end of big games and not very good in big games overall.

So when his defense actually does good for a whole season and in big games and at end of games,
they he will get some respect.
Every coach has to work with the players they have , so dont blame it on players.
They have.

Aven8

Reaction score
Then the games start and they all suck and we moan and complain all week about what bums they are!!! ;)

davey999

Reaction score
Easy.

I didn't expect Gallup to be refined as what he is.

Armstrong... Woods… Heck the entire defensive line has practiced/played at a higher level than what I was expecting.

I thought Zeke would come in like last year... He's come in far more focused and ready for the season.
All this remains to be seen. We heard a bunch of stuff like this last year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Easy.

I didn't expect Gallup to be refined as what he is.

Armstrong... Woods… Heck the entire defensive line has practiced/played at a higher level than what I was expecting.

I thought Zeke would come in like last year... He's come in far more focused and ready for the season.
Zeke being is shape is the biggest surprise, and it's rarely talked about.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ya I dont get it . now that he has real talent lets see what coach has been passed by.

oh please...that old fool is gonna be content to sit back in his zone D....and just let teams pick us apart. He just doesn't have the balls to play man up for 60 minutes. It's just not in his DNA. As soon as that 2 minute warning sounds...here comes the zone...and the blown leads. Not buying the hype...Sorry.:rolleyes:

waving monkey

Reaction score
oh please...that old fool is gonna be content to sit back in his zone D....and just let teams pick us apart. He just doesn't have the balls to play man up for 60 minutes. It's just not in his DNA. As soon as that 2 minute warning sounds...here comes the zone...and the blown leads. Not buying the hype...Sorry.:rolleyes:
Nelli has done a remarkable job considering the sub par talent he has. Now we'll get to see his defense finally
talk to me at the end of the season

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It's not hype. It's been proven over a span of 4 years

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the performance of all 5 of those guys this summer. But other than Gallup, I don’t think any of those guys will be anything beyond bit players during the regular season.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nelli has done a remarkable job considering the sub par talent he has. Now we'll get to see his defense finally
talk to me at the end of the season
Let me add there's a whole lot of revelations coming this season one that comes to mind is Dak.
Whats so perplexing is as Dak achieves the doubters become silent not even a show of support or celebration.

kskboys

Reaction score
No NFL team plays man for 60 min!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
that is only part of his job, he is the dc so he is responsible for the whole defense , game planning, and play calling.
The defense since he took over has been good at times bad at times, never anything special, and has
been bad at end of big games and not very good in big games overall.

So when his defense actually does good for a whole season and in big games and at end of games,
they he will get some respect.
Every coach has to work with the players they have , so dont blame it on players.
You don't see how the talent of the players makes a difference?

Wow. I see the strangest things said on these boards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You don't see how the talent of the players makes a difference?

Wow. I see the strangest things said on these boards.
Sure talent helps, but any DC can look good if they have a lot of talent lol.
The bottom line is each Dc has what they have and they have to look at what they have and design around that.
Marinelli has a scheme he likes, and he makes the players fit his scheme.
It is better to design a scheme to fit the players you have.

One flaw with him is he cant do good blitz's like I see other teams do to us.
The other is going to zone at the wrong times.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Even though he's a proven NFL bust Tavon Austin's talent seduces me. Jesus if that guy could ever play to his ability.

I've decided to go full positive homer on him despite my reservations.

Until the first fumble.
Ohh man u leaving me alone on this?:)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Even though he's a proven NFL bust Tavon Austin's talent seduces me. Jesus if that guy could ever play to his ability.

I've decided to go full positive homer on him despite my reservations.

Until the first fumble.
He’s no bust. But you are a bust as a fan for sure.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All this remains to be seen. We heard a bunch of stuff like this last year.

Last year we heard Zeke was fat.

Also several of the players that are doing well in camp this year like Gallup, Armstrong, Woods, Thomas and Gregory weren't even in last year's training camp.

Also big difference last year & this year for J. Smith.