News: BTB: The problem with Tony Pollard’s usage goes deeper than attempts alone

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ok well put him as a WR I'm sure he can do more than the 2 yard safe passes Dak will throw to Schultz or Zeke. Keep ZEKE in to block

There were times he did move outside, in 4 WR sets. However with Cooper, Lamb and Wilson\Gallup I don't see Pollard replacing any of them out of the top 3 WR. As I said I would like to see Pollard get more snaps and I am a believer that players can work and improve on skill sets. I don't ever see Pollard as an excellent blocker but he has to improve from what I see right now. You whiff on a block your QB is going to get planted and when that happens that player is not going to be taking on those duties much longer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The truth is that, as fans who aren’t involved w/this team day in and day out, we don’t know why Pollard is being ignored in critical moments. But whoever is responsible needs to recognize this massive issue, fix it, & put the Cowboys in the best position to win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No where does it say Jerry was adamant about Moore calling plays. McCarthy gave his reason why Moore would be calling plays. You spinning in as you choose is far from what you are claiming of Jerry forcing it on McCarthy

Mike McCarthy informed reporters that Moore will continue on as the team's playcaller, a role he served in last season under Jason Garrett.

"I'm confident that Kellen can still be the play caller. That's the path we're going down," he said, via the team's official website.

McCarthy also plans to maintain another form of continuity by keeping the offense's terminology the same.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I should add, he had Linehan calling plays before Moore because he did not want Garrett taking on both roles of HC and calling plays. However none that has anything to do about McCarthy

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I had read that last night. I like Pollard and do think he should see more snaps. One thing is mention is when trailing in games his snaps go down, I would contribute a lot of that because of his inability as a blocker in blitz pickups. I think this is an area this off season Pollard must improve on, but as a RB if you can't pickup pass rushers it is hard to keep that guy in the lineup and more so when trailing and teams are passing a bit more. There really is more to the position than just running and when a back is limited his snaps start getting limited. I hope this is something Pollard can work on and improve on and if he does I think his snaps can increase.
You and I must be seeing two different Pollards on the field. A young player will struggle with blitz pick up just from a knowledge stand point. So early in his career Pollard struggled. But for the last two years now Pollard's blitz pick up has been refined. He actually does well in the area. So it's not that he's incapable, it's the coaches or the owner that prefer to have Zeke in the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You and I must be seeing two different Pollards on the field. A young player will struggle with blitz pick up just from a knowledge stand point. So early in his career Pollard struggled. But for the last two years now Pollard's blitz pick up has been refined. He actually does well in the area. So it's not that he's incapable, it's the coaches or the owner that prefer to have Zeke in the game.

No just seeing the 1

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with McCarthy, that was 3 years ago with Garrett as HC
I should add, he had Linehan calling plays before Moore because he did not want Garrett taking on both roles of HC and calling plays. However none that has anything to do about McCarthy
OK I'll be a man and admit I am wrong.... I have heard that through so many people and sources that I fell for the cheese... I was doing some searching and I do see multiple links one after another where McCarthy addressed the rumor saying that's all it was... Here I was bound and determined to try to prove you wrong....LOL Kudos for calling me out on it...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No just seeing the 1
Well the guy is 6' tall and weighs 210 pounds. With the intensity he plays with, blitz pick up shouldn't be a problem. And it's not. It only seems to become a problem when there is a complete jail break and he lets his guy go, to become a receiver.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm not going to send a link... Try again... Do your own homework to prove me wrong.... I promise, that is exactly what happened...

This is a conspiracy theorist's favorite line right here. Make wild assertion, then ..."What do you mean, prove it? How about YOU prove it's not true or prove it for me?"

LOL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well the guy is 6' tall and weighs 210 pounds. With the intensity he plays with, blitz pick up shouldn't be a problem. And it's not. It only seems to become a problem when there is a complete jail break and he lets his guy go, to become a receiver.

and I have seen cases where it is a problem. You clearly have a view and I will respect it. I do want to see Pollard get more reps but this notion the coaches just do not want to do it or pressured I don't buy what so ever.

morasp

Reaction score
Let's see, he averaged 8.7 carries per game and missed two games due to injury. Hey let's see how he does with15-20 carries per game. They need to draft a guy this year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The problem is we had two RBs injured and they did nothing about it.

75boyz

Reaction score
My memory may be wrong on this, but I could have sworn that Moore was said to have a very pro active and vocal say from the war room on Pollard's drafting the year he was taken.

Makes the situation even more bizarre.

jmo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The problem is we had two RBs injured and they did nothing about it.

What can you do? They brought in Corey Clement as a 3rd RB and brought up JaQuan Hardy from PS. You get down to 3rd and 4th RB it gets to be slim pickings

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK I'll be a man and admit I am wrong.... I have heard that through so many people and sources that I fell for the cheese... I was doing some searching and I do see multiple links one after another where McCarthy addressed the rumor saying that's all it was... Here I was bound and determined to try to prove you wrong....LOL Kudos for calling me out on it...
Dig the cut of your jib, sir.