News: BTB: The problem with Tony Pollard’s usage goes deeper than attempts alone

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't expect Pollard to take over as the starter for Zeke. Sorry, he's neither the #1 starter type, nor one to pass protect adequately for Dak. :omg:

I wouldn't be too shocked if an eventual replacement for Zeke is on the agenda for the next draft. Obviously, Zeke has seen better days. A promising replacement may well be on the agenda at some point in the 2022 NFL draft.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh its simple. There is no glory for an OC handing the ball off or calling screen passes. Remember, it is not about winning in Dallas. Its about looking pretty. We will call a wr option throw before a screen pass to a rb.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh its simple. There is no glory for an OC handing the ball off or calling screen passes. Remember, it is not about winning in Dallas. Its about looking pretty. We will call a wr option throw before a screen pass to a rb.

I don't think it's anything as insidious as just wanting to look pretty. I just think Big 12/Boise State football is how Moore is wired. He wants to sling it around.. come up with a lot of gimmicky trickeration and that's how he wants to play football. I don't think it has even occurred to him that the team was kicking arse when it was running the ball as much as they threw it. Or that most of Pollard's long runs came on the jet sweep.. Or even that Zeke's longest runs were on tosses and sweeps.. Or that asking Zeke to pass protect 45 times a game was going to to get him beaten down and hurt eventually. Moore's mind is just not wired to play winning NFL football. He would have killed it at Boise.. but in the NFL some of that cute crap is going to get blown up because NFL defenses are a lot harder to fool the more tape they get on you.