News: BTB: The problem with Tony Pollard’s usage goes deeper than attempts alone

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The Patriots constantly went to SB’s with different running backs catching out of the back field . Here’s a thought line up 66 in the backfield while you put Pollard in motion with the threat of a route or a dump off pass . Takes care of the blocking issue and it gets 21 some down time.

I thought MM was brought here because he was involved in high octane blend gas in Packer land . Brain storm fellas I’m a phone call away you need anymore schemes .
The Patriots also went to the SBs with Brady in the backfield

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Patriots also went to the SBs with Brady in the backfield

Right I was commenting on how the backs in NE were used and sure 12 was pitching but for a 140 million 4 should be able to throw strikes to a RB on swing passes or 10-15 yard routes.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I'm not going to send a link... Try again... Do your own homework to prove me wrong.... I promise, that is exactly what happened...
Burden of proof is on the accuser, in this case: you. “Innocent until proven guilty” kind of situation.

Cmac

Reaction score
Blame KMoore's scheme.........how does he get immunity on the misuse of TPollard? How does KMoore walk away scott-free and unaccountable? How?

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
This is a conspiracy theorist's favorite line right here. Make wild assertion, then ..."What do you mean, prove it? How about YOU prove it's not true or prove it for me?"

LOL.
Touche… I'll give you that. And you notice a few posts later I sent the link that I had found just to realize it was the wrong link. But even furthermore than that, the proper link that I did find (after reading it again) had MM quoted as saying "Kellen will be scheming and calling plays."

Here's the thing about that. Why would a Superbowl winning offensive minded HC (who is proven and who you would think is in his right mind) voluntarily give that responsibility to Kellen Moore? Does that even remotely make sense? You can't seriously tell me Jerry didn't have his hands in on that....

tunahelper

Reaction score
"If there was a lesson about how to completely misuse a talented running back, Tony Pollard would be the prime example."
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...olGMdYFj8aeg0WYzzBc98BhCQ2vOJOP-tCZ1ww4fwSD7I

100% evidence of coaching malpractice. Moore and McCarthy should have been shown the door, but JJ held on to The Red Clapper for a decade. So, here we are.

This is something we all could see with the eye test. The disfunction starts at the top and permeates into all decisions made by the organization.

Players salary and JJ's influence effects coaching decisions. What would happen if MM/KM suddenly benched Zeke and they featured Pollard?

Zeke would be in JJ ear complaining and he would be heard. JJ would not allow it, due to salary.

morasp

Reaction score
Kenny Walker III RB Michigan St. 1646 yards 6.2 YPC
Breece Hall RB Iowa St. 1472 yards 5.8 YPC
Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A&M 1011 yards 5.6 YPC
Pierre "Jack Rabbit" Strong RB South Dakota St. 1673 yards 7.0 YPC

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is something we all could see with the eye test. The disfunction starts at the top and permeates into all decisions made by the organization.

Players salary and JJ's influence effects coaching decisions. What would happen if MM/KM suddenly benched Zeke and they featured Pollard?

Zeke would be in JJ ear complaining and he would be heard. JJ would not allow it, due to salary.
Ive watched zeke for 10 years never saw or heard of him complaining.....about anything.
With that kind of thought process ...you don't have much credibility.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Is there any evidence that Jerry is making these carry decisions?

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I don't think any team is going to pay #1 money for a veteran RB looking for a second contract. The only exception I can think of is Derrick Henry and Tennessee made sure he didn't become a free agent. RBs are too dime a dozen at this point. I actually wonder if Dallas should pay to keep Pollard even if the market isn't that high for him.
Unless your entire offense is built around a RB (Think Titans as you mentioned) you don't pay a RB alot of money. After getting a QB it's Olineman, Dlineman as far as pay is concerned and then you either negotiate with everyone else or you move on. You don't overpay for positions outside those 3.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Unless your entire offense is built around a RB (Think Titans as you mentioned) you don't pay a RB alot of money. After getting a QB it's Olineman, Dlineman as far as pay is concerned and then you either negotiate with everyone else or you move on. You don't overpay for positions outside those 3.

The sad part is that when the o-line and Zeke were really rollin the Cowboys could have built their offense around Zeke and been fine. Now they are all three years older and that window has probably closed. I've said many times that the real disconnect in signing Zeke was between Jerry and Moore. Jerry paid Zeke to be the 20 carry/5 catch lynchpin of a power offense. Unfortunately Moore has no interest in running that brand of football. Frankly I think he should have told Jerry that during Zeke's holdout so that Jerry would not have signed Zeke.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Ive watched zeke for 10 years never saw or heard of him complaining.....about anything.
With that kind of thought process ...you don't have much credibility.

In those ten years was Zeke a 2nd string RB? If his carries dropped to 2nd string volume he would likely complain, but if he didn't I could care less but your thoughts on my credibility.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In those ten years was Zeke a 2nd string RB? If his carries dropped to 2nd string volume he would likely complain, but if he didn't I could care less but your thoughts on my credibility.
I didn't say you had to care. I get some people don't care about their credibility. No problem.

Proposing stories about zeke complaining to suit your agenda........silly.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I didn't say you had to care. I get some people don't care about their credibility. No problem.

Proposing stories about zeke complaining to suit your agenda........silly.

If your pom poms make you feel good about one of the highest paid running backs in NFL being outplayed by his backup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Blame KMoore's scheme.........how does he get immunity on the misuse of TPollard? How does KMoore walk away scott-free and unaccountable? How?
he gets immunity because people want to fully blame Dak. any blame on Moore would excuse some of Dak's work and a lot of people don't want that....similar to how they didn't want to hear about Garrett, but by the same token some of the same people trashed Garrett.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If your pom poms make you feel good about one of the highest paid running backs in NFL being outplayed by his backup.
I know right?...how dare I cheer on my team...even during adversity. The nerve.

The thing is I don't believe zeke was "outplayed" by Tony. I think Tony is an excellent #2 "change of pace RB. But the FACT is...I've never seen him, even in college, even HAVE a #1 RB role let alone outplay anyone with it.

Neither have you.

Tony runs different plays then zeke. Tony...as "#2 CoP...get more flash plays, especially in space, and doesn't pound the middle like we ask of zeke. Tony in that role is SUPPOSED to get those big flashy stats, like all of our #2's have done. Until they assume #1, then they flake out.

I'm not saying Tony will do that...nor am I saying he can't be a #1. I am saying I won't proclaim something that isn;t true or hasn;t happened yet.

Then add in the coaching dysfunction...for example running zeke three straight delay handoffs up the clogged middle (Dak literally tripping over center's feet)...then acting like our running game is broke better pass the rest of th game...is STUPID! Lack of serious commitment to the power run game.

Claiming (as a fact) Tony "outplayed" Zeke is extremely simplistic and superficial assessment. Have at it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know right?...how dare I cheer on my team...even during adversity. The nerve.

The thing is I don't believe zeke was "outplayed" by Tony. I think Tony is an excellent #2 "change of pace RB. But the FACT is...I've never seen him, even in college, even HAVE a #1 RB role let alone outplay anyone with it.

Neither have you.

Tony runs different plays then zeke. Tony...as "#2 CoP...get more flash plays, especially in space, and doesn't pound the middle like we ask of zeke. Tony in that role is SUPPOSED to get those big flashy stats, like all of our #2's have done. Until they assume #1, then they flake out.

I'm not saying Tony will do that...nor am I saying he can't be a #1. I am saying I won't proclaim something that isn;t true or hasn;t happened yet.

Then add in the coaching dysfunction...for example running zeke three straight delay handoffs up the clogged middle (Dak literally tripping over center's feet)...then acting like our running game is broke better pass the rest of th game...is STUPID! Lack of serious commitment to the power run game.

Claiming (as a fact) Tony "outplayed" Zeke is extremely simplistic and superficial assessment. Have at it.

Well he had more long runs and a higher yards per carry average.. So the higher percentage of whiffed blitz pickups and dropped passes doesn't count.. Except to the coaches..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That's now how proof works. You made the claim. You back it up. Its one of the most basic concepts in communication.

Thing is.....

They know they don't know yet preach it as gospel.

All in the name of "being football savvy"

Completely skews a thread........HACKS.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That's now how proof works. You made the claim. You back it up. Its one of the most basic concepts in communication.

Thing is.....

They know they don't know yet preach it as gospel.

All in the name of "being football savvy"

Completely skews a thread........HACKS.

plymkr

Reaction score
OK I'll be a man and admit I am wrong.... I have heard that through so many people and sources that I fell for the cheese... I was doing some searching and I do see multiple links one after another where McCarthy addressed the rumor saying that's all it was... Here I was bound and determined to try to prove you wrong....LOL Kudos for calling me out on it...
I respect you for this post. Much respect bro