News: BTB: Three Reasons The Dallas Cowboys Should Pass On A Quarterback In The First Round

egn22

Reaction score
He was not even the best defensive lineman on the field during the National Championship Game.

He's one of the highest ranked DTs in the country. If you don't like him fine, fast forward past pro days and the combine, and insert the name of your favorite DT. My point is I understand the authors perspective

CWR

Reaction score
There is a difference between our coaches being able to evaluate qbs and our scouting dept being able to evaluate qbs. If memory serves the last 2 qbs we were interested in, but we're picked before they came back around to us were Andy Dalton and Russell Wison.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are you kidding?

Teams can go from in the playoffs to out the next year, regardless of how far they go.

We take the last ten NFC championship games. Of those twenty teams, nearly half did not even make the playoffs the next season:
Panthers (2006), Bears (2007), Saints (2007), Packers (2008), Vikings (2010), Bears (2011), Giants (2012), Falcons (2013), 49ers (2014)

You guess, and often you will be wrong.
How does Vegas possibly stay in business when they let people place bets before the season starts?

The odds and guesses are largely based on the teams and how they performed the previous year. Some teams get good odds to win and some get worse odds.

Do you think the Cowboys will get better odds than another 4-12 team? Does the betting line change on games Romo and or Dez doesn't play? Do you think they have a better shot with or without them? Then why would we not be "close" as we were at the beginning of this year in the eyes of many people. Obviously, you knew we'd be terrible because all the signs were there but, most didn't see it for a reason.

Hypothetically, How about I'll take all the teams in the playoffs and you take an equal number of teams who aren't in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl next year.
Imagine we could bet money. That would be a fair bet in your mind I'm sure.

If any of the top teams this year lost their Qb then their 2nd best player for essentially the year it would impact their season negatively. I'll venture to say they wouldn't have made they playoffs.

You saying a 13-5 team losing their two best players the following year and becoming a 4-12 team while losing several close games not close is silly. Our D improved this year. Our line will likely get better and being a relatively young team means likely improvement elsewhere.

We're close.

tecolote

Reaction score
He picked the wrong year to write that article. Six of the eight QBs playing this weekend are first rounders, five picked in the top 11 and the other one, Rodgers, should've been.

If they like Lynch and Goff, they have to pull the trigger.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are you kidding?

Teams can go from in the playoffs to out the next year, regardless of how far they go.

We take the last ten NFC championship games. Of those twenty teams, nearly half did not even make the playoffs the next season:
Panthers (2006), Bears (2007), Saints (2007), Packers (2008), Vikings (2010), Bears (2011), Giants (2012), Falcons (2013), 49ers (2014)

You guess, and often you will be wrong.
How does Vegas possibly stay in business when they let people place bets before the season starts?

Mel Kiper Jr just said "It’s rare to find a team picking No. 4 overall that can genuinely say, ‘We’re in win-now mode".

You'll discredit him but, many other pros will say essentially the same thing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
[quote="Alexander, post: 6522283, member: 2328"]We are close? A team coming off a conference worst record is "close"? We might be the first 4-12 team to ever characterize themselves that way.

If we were discussing most any other position other than QB, perhaps.

But the simplest facts are right there, plain as day. You want a better chance at a quality QB you need to take them at the top of the draft.

We are rarely there, but now we are, we say it is too hard?

That just makes no sense whatsoever. All that logic is someone talking themselves out of the risk involved and pretending there is some sort of basis for being, well, frightened because somebody else has failed before.

9 probably wins the division next year.[/quote]

I refuse to wear rose colored glasses..

but as Fan of this team..

It goes with the logo.

So..when someboddy says we are closer than we think..

I agree.

When you look at many of the games..

we were within a TD of winning or tying into the 4Th Qt. all the time.

So if we get people back healthy and add some talent..we should be competitive if not capable of returning to 2014 form.

I think though we all have to quit comparing everything we accomplish or don't to 2014.

That was a different team against alot different opponents and now the Iggles, Jints and several others are going thru big changes.

We will really see if by staying the course and adding more to the roster and not shaking up the coaching staff don't make a big difference.

I think it will in the NFC East.