News: BTB: Tony Romo: The Choke Artist Myth And Elimination Vs. Playoff Hunt Games

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just stick to a day job, if one has one...Kiddo. And common sense goes farther than a wise ***.

Translation: You really don't have much to say so you take refuge in childishness, which provides you an element of comfort. Oh, and it's further not farther. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DPR Raiders 4-12
PPD Falcons 4-12
TD% Commanders 3-13

What years are those from?
Be that as it may, I understand your point. Thanks for providing the information AND not getting overly sensitive because I asked you for verification.
Kudos to you. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Translation: You really don't have much to say so you take refuge in childishness, which provides you an element of comfort. Oh, and it's further not farther. :)

Not in the South...as to childish, quit hiding behind Selective Service when trying to establish credibility in the real world...and first thing NOT understood, was useage of 2nd person.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not in the South...as to childish, quit hiding behind Selective Service when trying to establish credibility in the real world...and first thing NOT understood, was useage of 2nd person.

Actually, I live in the South. And the South follows standard English like the rest of the nation.
Second, farther relates to distance; further relates to degrees. Common sense and wisdom can't be measured in distance; they are measured in degrees.
Third, I don't even know what your babbling about with respect to Selective Service, real world and second-person uesage. It's almost as if you're referencing terms you have no idea how to use but do so because you think they make you sound educated, when, in fact, they make you sound foolish.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Actually, I live in the South. And the South follows standard English like the rest of the nation.
Second, farther relates to distance; further relates to degrees. Common sense and wisdom can't be measured in distance; they are measured in degrees.
Third, I don't even know what your babbling about with respect to Selective Service, real world and second-person uesage. It's almost as if you're referencing terms you have no idea how to use but do so because you think they make you sound educated, when, in fact, they make you sound foolish.

Look, no time in grade...finish work on a degree, if you've taken your SAT's, and shut up in the corner...at least until you can see past your own nose.

There is little status in arrogance...and if one but had a degree, he could differentiate in all that was articulated, as if path followed was too hard for your perusal.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Look, no time in grade...finish work on a degree, if you've taken your SAT's, and shut up in the corner...at least until you can see past your own nose.

Uh, I've already taken my SATs and have my degree. Those were accomplished long time ago. Don't get mad at me because I know the difference between further and farther, and you don't. :D
And because I totally exposed you, all you can do is tell me to shut up. Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

There is little status in arrogance...and if one but had a degree, he could differentiate in all that was articulated, as if path followed was too hard for your perusal.

Bahahahahaha!!!

I love when people try to talk big and sound stupid in the process.

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Uh, I've already taken my SATs and have my degree. Those were accomplished long time ago. Don't get mad at me because I know the difference between further and farther, and you don't. :D
And because I totally exposed you, all you can do is tell me to shut up. Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Bahahahahaha!!!

I love when people try to talk big and sound stupid in the process.

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Consider yourself sucked

Got me too

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It would just be so much easier if everyone would just admit that he wasn't the problem, and move on to fixating on the real problems.

Perfect? No. But not the problem.

Once again.. He IS "part" of the problem. Write it down so you don't forget. Please.

Hasn't he lost all but one elimination game?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post but sadly most of what you are saying falls on deaf ears...err eyes.

That's called 'blindness.' And, yeah, I only skimmed that post to make sure it was within guidelines (Clove always is, but that's the gig) and didn't read it for content. So it goes when you want to hold opinions that counter all available evidence. People tend not to take them very seriously.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Hasn't he lost all but one elimination game?

Yes, but the bigger problem is how he has played in those games. His numbers in those games are way below his normal regular season games. That tells you he shrinks when the pressure is the highest. There are those on the other side that want to say he is capable of winning a super bowl and this and that, but his play in the elimination/playoff games tells us otherwise if anything. It will be on him to change that history. History has a funny way of repeating itself too.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
People tend not to take them very seriously.

When people don't take you seriously, they more than likely won't debate you. Many people including yourself debate with me, so I would say you and many others take me seriously. We do have some fanatical fans that are completely irrational here I don't take seriously, so instead of debating them, I just put them on ignore to say us all some time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When people don't take you seriously, they more than likely won't debate you...

I wasn't necessarily aiming that comment at you, but, fwiw, I debate posters here whose opinions I don't take seriously all the time. It's pretty much a mix for me.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
No, I know dude we're good.

From my perspective there have been a lot of games where he just should've never been in a position to have to make a throw like that to win the game and then to be honest there were other times that he made bad decisions and we lost.

Yup, I completely agree with that. I wouldn't say I personally have animosity towards him but I do lump him in with most of the team. I don't think for one second he is exempt for some of our lack of success and I refuse to give him a pass or anyone else I feel the same way about. I understand how you feel about the future at that position due to our past lack of success in the past and I can't disagree with that but it is going to come and we have to hope we get lucky again because we sure aren't doing any planning right now.

With all that said, I really like Romo as a person. I like his calm friendly personality and know his a good person. I root for him every Sunday and still have his jersey up on my office.

Animosity

Reaction score
Yes, but the bigger problem is how he has played in those games.

Who can forget the game against the Commanders in 2012. Win and get in. That was extremely winnable. We win that game easy with Kyle Orton starting. Romo cost us that game. 100% on him. To say Romo isn't a problem is ridiculous.

We know Romo can mop the floor against garbage teams like he does every year.. but when it comes to the important games, he flat out sucks.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I wasn't necessarily aiming that comment at you, but, fwiw, I debate posters here whose opinions I don't take seriously all the time. It's pretty much a mix for me.

So you were kind of aiming that comment at me? I will debate posters briefly that are fanatical about their opinions but the minute they start acting obsessive and emotional, I will put them on ignore because I know the direction it is headed and I no longer take them seriously.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So you were kind of aiming that comment at me? I will debate posters briefly that are fanatical about their opinions but the minute they start acting obsessive and emotional, I will put them on ignore because I know the direction it is headed and I no longer take them seriously.

Have fun....lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just watched the end of the 2nd Giants game on NFLNW, where late in4th Dallas drove down the field at New York and their semi-hot Giants (had won4 in a row) for the win. Crushed them and their wild crowd that night.