Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why do those have to be directly correlated? Since Tyreek was traded KC has spent $255M (average contract $4.6M AAV) on new free agents contracts. In that same time period the Cowboys have spent $105M (average contract $2.6M AAV).

Despite moving on from Hill the Chiefs have continued to spend money to improve their roster. I think it's very likely they simply saw an opportunity to bring in a plethora of draft picks to offset some of the free agent spending, and simply didn't feel a $30+M receiver was the best way to build a team. They also emphasized spending on the Oline and Defense in recent years which looking at the bargain bin for WRs. Good chance Andy Reid believes he can work with buy low candidate WRs with a top tier QB and a good defense, similar to what the Patriots did for years under Brady.

It doesnt get talked about but that Tyreek Hill trade worked out very well for KC as they freed up money and landed a top young CB.
I think with KC , you have to give them credit for coaching up the players that they get , and using them in the right positions and in the right way,
so they get more out of them and quicker.
What KC did with tyreek could be done with lamb, but everyone says no lol. I am not sure how the jones boys are looking at it.
They are however wasting a lot of time if doing a trade. That should have been done before the draft.

The whole waiting thing seems to be a tactic for getting lamb at a lower price. Same for dak.
So many contracts will expire at the end of the year, it is unreal !

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hope he does get extended. That way I can rub your nose in his choking episodes. Dak has completely ruined everything the Cowboys use to be.
Odd thing about this take is prior to Dak getting here we’ve had rapists, murderers, Garrett, Wade, 5-11 seasons, drug addicts and alcoholics….but Dak is what ruined everything.. lol

MyFairLady

Reaction score
An organization chose 30 million in cap space and 5 draft picks over a single WR. Seems reasonable to me. If it was Dallas the WR would wear #88 and he would be the highest paid WR in the NFL and he would be untouchable. He would play in Dallas until he was so bad the team would be forced to cut his and eat dead money for 3 years. This is the better way people. Get with the program.

kskboys

Reaction score
An organization chose 30 million in cap space and 5 draft picks over a single WR. Seems reasonable to me. If it was Dallas the WR would wear #88 and he would be the highest paid WR in the NFL and he would be untouchable. He would play in Dallas until he was so bad the team would be forced to cut his and eat dead money for 3 years. This is the better way people. Get with the program.
Very nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry covets him some WR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I think with KC , you have to give them credit for coaching up the players that they get , and using them in the right positions and in the right way,
so they get more out of them and quicker.
What KC did with tyreek could be done with lamb, but everyone says no lol. I am not sure how the jones boys are looking at it.
They are however wasting a lot of time if doing a trade. That should have been done before the draft.

The whole waiting thing seems to be a tactic for getting lamb at a lower price. Same for dak.
So many contracts will expire at the end of the year, it is unreal !
And KC gets to build an even stronger team w/ the draft capital from trading Tyreek.

Did anyone even notice that the Chiefs flipped one of the Miami picks for Trent McDuffie? They used another of MIA's picks to trade up for Rashee Rice.

KC wins that trade hands down.

leeblair

Reaction score
It’s up for debate, but KC didn’t look like they were going make the Super Bowl last season. In the opener at home against Detroit their WRs were terrible and without Kelce it cost them the game. In November they lost three of four games. I thought their WRs would be their undoing. However, they came on strong at the end of the season and were hot entering the playoffs. Any QB lesser than Mahomes and they’re not that great. They lost six games with him, but he’s money and postseason.
Taylor Swift strengthened their post season hopes.