Bucs interested in Carter

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
If Quincy can ever get his head straight, he'll make a fine backup in this league. It's just becoming a bigger and bigger 'if' by the season.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
A lot of people got the impression that Quincy was a 4th rounder at best based off scouting reports made in March, when he was really moving up the charts in the weeks leading up into the draft after a very good pro-day. This lends credibility to the thought that Oakland, when Gruden was there, really liked Quincydraft and would have selected him in the 2nd round instead of Tuiasosopo. Obvioiusly, Gruden still likes his potential to take him on with so much baggage and Chris Simms in the wings.

ddh33

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder how exactly the Bucs feel about Simms?

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
I have said it once, and I will say it again ...Gruden is a moron, no "offense" (hahaha) to Quincy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's interesting is that if Carter signs, he'd be playing in a WCO. He did ok for the Jets last year, but I've never thought of him as a WCO QB, because of his accuracy issues. But who knows, he played under their QB coach Paul Hackett, so I'm sure he knows something that I don't.

Anyway, hope everything works out for him and he stops starring in his own movie "Disappearing Acts." If he lays low and just be a good NFL citizen for a couple years, maybe he can get another shot in the league as a starter.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
It was reported on NFL Total Access by Adam Scheffer that Quincy called the Bucs to see if they'd be interested. He spoke with Doug Williams, who was one of Quincys biggest heros growing up, and they went to dinner.

I hope the Bucs do sign him. That'll certainly weaken their team and in a round about way improve our playoff chances.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LA=Pancakemaker said:
I have said it once, and I will say it again ...Gruden is a moron, no "offense" (hahaha) to Quincy.

Yeah, he's a moron who is considered one of the best offensive minds in the business and won a SB.

He sounds as if he might have trouble with players at times but to label him a moron is well....

joseephuss

Reaction score
Compacity said:
i hope he win as a starter of the bucs....superbowl bound quicy.....

I don't know about Superbowl, but he has a chance to get playing time. Griese and Simms aren't anything special.

It is weird that Carter is only 27. Seems like he has been around for a long time, plus he played baseball. Chris Weinke is 31. Carter needs to get his life together. If he can do that, then he could be a decent back up in the NFL.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LA=Pancakemaker said:

I agree...one of the most overrated coaches in football

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ddh33 said:
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder how exactly the Bucs feel about Simms?

they probably feel the same why I did about him...

hugely overrated prospect who'll never be a starter in this league

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Quincy doesn't belong in the NFL. And Gruden has destroyed that once great Tampa team.

And just think what Tampa gave up to get Chucky:
The Bucs agreed to give the Raiders 2002 first- and second-round draft picks, a 2003 first-round pick and a 2003 second-round pick. The accompanying cash will help sign those draft picks.

p226sig

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
A lot of people got the impression that Quincy was a 4th rounder at best based off scouting reports made in March, when he was really moving up the charts in the weeks leading up into the draft after a very good pro-day. This lends credibility to the thought that Oakland, when Gruden was there, really liked Quincydraft and would have selected him in the 2nd round instead of Tuiasosopo. Obvioiusly, Gruden still likes his potential to take him on with so much baggage and Chris Simms in the wings.

I normally really like your post, but I whole heartily disagree with this one.

Rant on.

He only seems as if he has potential, nothing more. He couldn't prove it here and left under a cloud of mystery, ditto from the jets.

I'm really disgusted with these drug headed players getting chance after chance.

They, like the rest of the drugies should get a free one way ticket to Iraq.

Good riddance and rant off.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
And just think what Tampa gave up to get Chucky:
The Bucs agreed to give the Raiders 2002 first- and second-round draft picks, a 2003 first-round pick and a 2003 second-round pick. The accompanying cash will help sign those draft picks.

I suppose it was worth it since they did win a Super Bowl that year. But it was basically a Dungey team. Now they are in cap hell and desperate...sad. First team in history to win a Super Bowl and not get back to the playoffs after two years.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
To me QC's future in the NFL looks very bleak.

First, he gets fired from the Dallas Cowboys, where he was the starter, and that didn't wake him up.

He does it again.

I wish him well, but he is his own worst enemy.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I was incredibly tough on Quincy after the disaster during the Arizona game.

I had been one of his admirers, but that sealed it for me. People claimed I had an agenda. It was merely my love for the Cowboys and a desire to see them succeed which caused me to abandon Carter.

He is what he is. A weak-minded individual who has self-destructive tendencies. A man with athletic ability, but is not so overly gifted that he can overcome his character flaws or poor decision making. On and off the field.

This team needed a strong individual to lead us from the depths.

Quincy failed us. He failed himself and the Cowboys.

He is a human being and thus deserves forgiveness.

However, he is what he is, and all the word battles written on all the messageboards were a waste of time.

Just like his tenure here.

A waste of time.