Bucs not interested in Q

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Bucs Still Looking For A QB
By ROY CUMMINGS
rcummings@tampatrib.com

TAMPA - A week after meeting with free-agent quarterback Quincy Carter, the Bucs' interest in signing the troubled signal caller appears to have waned.
At the league's spring meetings in Maui, Hawaii, Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs probably will look in another direction for quarterback depth.

``It was a good meeting, and we're going to keep looking at quarterbacks that are available,'' Gruden said. ``That goes for Arena [League], world league [NFL Europe], that process will continue.

``We're looking at [Carter's] situation and there will be a couple of other guys we'll bring in also.''

Carter's agent said Tuesday he had not been contacted by the Bucs.

``I don't have anything to report on that,'' Eugene Parker said. ``I haven't heard from [the Bucs]. I don't know what they're thinking.''

The Bucs have quarterbacks Brian Griese, Chris Simms and Akili Smith under contract but are hoping to add another veteran before Gruden holds his annual quarterback orientation at the end of the month.

Gruden has also expressed mild interest in former Bengals quarterback Jeff Blake. However, according to agent Ralph Cindrich, the Bucs still have not contacted Blake.

The Bucs may also be considering former Chargers quarterback Doug Flutie, 42. Flutie's agent said Tuesday she expects to talk with the Bucs after the league meetings end this week.

``We had one initial cursory talk with them, but so far that's it,'' agent Kristen Kuliga said. ``We expect to talk with them again and I can definitely say that Doug has a strong interest in being there.''

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Bucs Still Looking For A QB
By ROY CUMMINGS
rcummings@tampatrib.com

TAMPA - A week after meeting with free-agent quarterback Quincy Carter, the Bucs' interest in signing the troubled signal caller appears to have waned.
At the league's spring meetings in Maui, Hawaii, Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs probably will look in another direction for quarterback depth.

``It was a good meeting, and we're going to keep looking at quarterbacks that are available,'' Gruden said. ``That goes for Arena [League], world league [NFL Europe], that process will continue.

``We're looking at [Carter's] situation and there will be a couple of other guys we'll bring in also.''

Carter's agent said Tuesday he had not been contacted by the Bucs.

``I don't have anything to report on that,'' Eugene Parker said. ``I haven't heard from [the Bucs]. I don't know what they're thinking.''

The Bucs have quarterbacks Brian Griese, Chris Simms and Akili Smith under contract but are hoping to add another veteran before Gruden holds his annual quarterback orientation at the end of the month.

Gruden has also expressed mild interest in former Bengals quarterback Jeff Blake. However, according to agent Ralph Cindrich, the Bucs still have not contacted Blake.

The Bucs may also be considering former Chargers quarterback Doug Flutie, 42. Flutie's agent said Tuesday she expects to talk with the Bucs after the league meetings end this week.

``We had one initial cursory talk with them, but so far that's it,'' agent Kristen Kuliga said. ``We expect to talk with them again and I can definitely say that Doug has a strong interest in being there.''

Bucs must have looked at film of Carter and changed their minds. LOL

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Bucs must have looked at film of Carter and changed their minds. LOL
Don't forget that the Bucs showing intersest in QC proved Gruden was going to draft him in the second round with the Raiders. :rolleyes:

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me just say that his interview with Gruden didn't go too well.

jimmy40

Reaction score
cwbys4evr said:
They must have seen the "QC in Sweats With Boom Box" picture
Don't you think of the movie Radio when you see that pic?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
All they had to do was watch the game film of when we played them a couple of years ago.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
All they had to do was watch the game film of when we played them a couple of years ago.

or virtually any other game

cant say I'm surprised in the least that he cant find a job

David

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Just think......it was not too long ago that the largest and longest standing debate on this board was how good QC was.........and how you were a racist if you were White and did not think he was a good quarterback. Especially if you were white and from the south.

I'm so glad those days are behind us and History has proven what the majority of us already knew.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Mediocre players can't afford off the field problems.

Nothing more need said on this issue. Sad, but true, for Quincy.

Reaction score
I Really dont see anywhere in this article were gruden is directly qouted in not wanting Carter. Also I think the biggest reason Carter probably hasnt found a job is due to his Bi polar and failed drug test issues , not his performance.

In fact he posted a 98.1 rating last year which is pretty damn good , giving the fact he was in a entire new system and team.

I got to think he will get one last chance with a team somewhere as a backup , and if his issues come up again then he'll probably be done.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quincy has a lot more skeletons in the closet than drugs and being "bipolar".

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Just think......it was not too long ago that the largest and longest standing debate on this board was how good QC was.........
I believe that is selective memory. Of course there were those who blindly thought Quincy was next great since sliced bread. They were just as delusional as those who thought Carter couldn't play in the NFL. Last time I checked he played pretty effectively for the Jets when Chad went down.

I also believe there were some (like myself..formerly Qcard) who thought Quincy Carter was going through the development process of becoming an NFL QB. I (we) never annointed but thought he wasn't being given a fair chance by the so called "majority" (by the way what makes you think you and those who shared your opinion were in the majority.......internet message boards user are only a small fraction of football fans)
Mike 1967 said:
and how you were a racist if you were White and did not think he was a good quarterback. Especially if you were white and from the south.
Interesting, another generalization.

I just thought that those who think they can determine whether or not a QB has what it takes based on collegiate play, underwear olympics (mini-camp and Qb camps) were being delusional. History has shown that no one knows.
Mike 1967 said:
I'm so glad those days are behind us and History has proven what the majority of us already knew.
Really!!!

Please break out the crystal ball and let us know again. I think we have to young prospect on the roster and I bet the minority wouldlike to know their future.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Charles said:
Interesting, another generalization.

I just thought that those who think they can determine whether or not a QB has what it takes based on collegiate play, underwear olympics (mini-camp and Qb camps) were being delusional. History has shown that no one knows.

Nope he is right. Do a search for Carter Racist and see what you come up with... Even ol' hos was involved...