Bucs not interested in Q

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Charles said:
I believe that is selective memory. Of course there were those who blindly thought Quincy was next great since sliced bread. They were just as delusional as those who thought Carter couldn't play in the NFL. Last time I checked he played pretty effectively for the Jets when Chad went down. .

He is so effective that last I checked he could not find a job. In order to be effective your team needs to be able to count on you.

I guess your and my definition of effective are vastly different.

Charles said:
I also believe there were some (like myself..formerly Qcard) who thought Quincy Carter was going through the development process of becoming an NFL QB. .

Good...then my post was not referring to you.

Charles said:
I (we) never annointed but thought he wasn't being given a fair chance by the so called "majority" .

Your free to have your own opinion. I just don't agree with it.

Charles said:
(by the way what makes you think you and those who shared your opinion were in the majority.......internet message boards user are only a small fraction of football fans) .

Fair enough....I don't know if it was a minority or majority...I did not take a vote.

I'll rephrase since you still seem to have a sensitivity to the words Majority and Minority

"I'm so glad those days are behind us and History has proven what A Lot of us already knew.

Charles said:
Interesting, another generalization.

I just thought that those who think they can determine whether or not a QB has what it takes based on collegiate play, underwear olympics (mini-camp and Qb camps) were being delusional. History has shown that no one knows. .

I not sure who you are referring to. I made my determination after watching him perform in real games. And I was lambasted by some people as being a racist southerner because I questioned the guys ability to play in the NFL.

Charles said:
Really!!!

Please break out the crystal ball and let us know again. I think we have to young prospect on the roster and I bet the minority wouldlike to know their future.

Nice hook....but I'm not a fish.....so I'll choose not to bite.

I don't have a crystal ball....but I do have a brain and eyes. I will share my opinion on current prospects after I have seen them play more than 16 games....just as I did with Quincy.

Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth.

BTW - why did you change your moniker ?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
silverbear said:
"I'm so glad those days are behind us"...

Well, except for all you haters who keep flocking back to threads like this, spewing your venom... the guy's been gone for a year now, and some of you just can't let it go...

I gotta tell you the truth, that strikes me as pretty sick... then again, much of the Quincy hatred always struck me as pretty sick...

Incidentally, NOTHING was proven that you haters thought you knew... Quincy actually played really, really well last year... what happened was something none of you haters accurately forecast, what happened was he turned out to be a druggie...

So you're claiming vindication where none exists... none of you were "proven right", unless you can point me to your posts discussing his marijuana problem, and analyzing how that would impact his NFL career...

And yeah, I'd say you qualify as a "hater", if you're still rippin' the guy a new anal orifice a year after he left Dallas... that sounds like downright irrational hatred to me... and that goes for most every one of his critics flocking in here to rail at the evil that is Quincy...

Give it a rest, for God's sake... seek out a mental health professional, and together see if you can beat your obsession...

Personally, it would suit me just fine if I never had to read the words "Quincy Carter" on any Cowboys message board ever again, but you haters aren't about to let that happen, are you??

You've completely missed the mark on what drives my venom. This has nothing to do with Quincy and everything to do with reverse racism.

I don't appreciate it when I get called a racist because I happen to have an opinion on an athlete who is black. I don't appreciate being called a racist because I am white an a southerner.

What does this make me ? It makes me someone who does not like racism...because that is exactly what it is.

And my "opinion" on Quincy is being proven out because the guy cannot get a job. So it is fair to argue that there could be other things besides racism which drove my opinion.

Reaction score
but mike your last sentence seems to suggest racism was at least PART of the reason you didnt like carter.

Perhaps a freudian slip??

Mike 1967

Reaction score
DALLASCOWBOYSFAN said:
but mike your last sentence seems to suggest racism was at least PART of the reason you didnt like carter.

Perhaps a freudian slip??

Bad wording on my part.

Racism did not drive my opinion in any way :)

Sorry I started this back up. But I get very passionate when I am judged to be a racist because I have an opinion on a player that is not positive.

jimmy40

Reaction score
silverbear said:
"I'm so glad those days are behind us"...

Well, except for all you haters who keep flocking back to threads like this, spewing your venom... the guy's been gone for a year now, and some of you just can't let it go...

I gotta tell you the truth, that strikes me as pretty sick... then again, much of the Quincy hatred always struck me as pretty sick...

Incidentally, NOTHING was proven that you haters thought you knew... Quincy actually played really, really well last year... what happened was something none of you haters accurately forecast, what happened was he turned out to be a druggie...

So you're claiming vindication where none exists... none of you were "proven right", unless you can point me to your posts discussing his marijuana problem, and analyzing how that would impact his NFL career...

And yeah, I'd say you qualify as a "hater", if you're still rippin' the guy a new anal orifice a year after he left Dallas... that sounds like downright irrational hatred to me... and that goes for most every one of his critics flocking in here to rail at the evil that is Quincy...

Give it a rest, for God's sake... seek out a mental health professional, and together see if you can beat your obsession...

Personally, it would suit me just fine if I never had to read the words "Quincy Carter" on any Cowboys message board ever again, but you haters aren't about to let that happen, are you??
Why do you read QC threads? Do you expect to only see posts you agree with?
BTW: a hater didn't start this thread.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
He is so effective that last I checked he could not find a job. In order to be effective your team needs to be able to count on you.
Once again selective memory.

Carter was effective when he replaced Chad Pennington. The Jets went 2-1 when Chad went down.

Who were the Jets counting on when Chad went down????

No one knows for a fact what problems Carter has right NOW and why he hasn't signed with any team, but the facts are he performed effectively when the Jets needed him.

Mike 1967 said:
I guess your and my definition of effective are vastly different.

35/58 for 498 yards 2 TDs 1 Int 2-1 record in the month of November with a play-off spot in jeopardy is effective by every sensible standard.

Especially when you factor in limited snaps, new offense and pressure of performing when the starter goes down.

Mike 1967 said:
Good...then my post was not referring to you.

Didn't you just make this statement:

Just think......it was not too long ago that the largest and longest standing debate on this board was how good QC was.........and how you were a racist if you were White and did not think he was a good quarterback. Especially if you were white and from the south.

What are you insinuating?

If you are not referring to me or everyone then be specific because the above statement insinuates that those who defended Carter labelled guys like you racist when that is factually incorrect.

Mike 1967 said:
Your free to have your own opinion. I just don't agree with it.
Ditto

My brother lives down south (texas). He thought Quincy Carter was the worst QB he ever saw. I didn't label him a racist. By the way he's black ;)

Mike 1967 said:
Fair enough....I don't know if it was a minority or majority...I did not take a vote.
Fair enough.
Mike 1967 said:
I'll rephrase since you still seem to have a sensitivity to the words Majority and Minority

"I'm so glad those days are behind us and History has proven what A Lot of us already knew.
If so many people know what you already know then why was Carter signed by the Jets after they also had the luxury of watching the same games you watched.

If so many people know what you already know then why is Carter's name still coming up...

Mike 1967 said:
I not sure who you are referring to. I made my determination after watching him perform in real games. And I was lambasted by some people as being a racist southerner because I questioned the guys ability to play in the NFL.
Those who called you a racist southerner for your opinion about Carter IMHO should have been banned. I have read your posts for almost 2 years and I don't think you are a racist. You are entitled to your opinion.
Mike 1967 said:
Nice hook....but I'm not a fish.....so I'll choose not to bite.
Of course you can't bite it was a rhetorical question :D
Mike 1967 said:
I don't have a crystal ball....but I do have a brain and eyes. I will share my opinion on current prospects after I have seen them play more than 16 games....just as I did with Quincy

Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth...
I thought you "already knew". :D

Now you need more than 16 games? :confused:

The facts are:

Carter is good enough to Quarterback a team into the play-offs. Parcells stated he lead HIS into the play-offs. Parcells didn't trust him to do it again and the presence of a viable option (Vinny) made the release easy. We all know he wasn't going to play Henson (2004 proved it beyond a reasonable doubt....Vinny's arm was shot by Thanksgiving and Parcells patience only lasted 2 Qtrs.).

Carter is good enough to lead a play-off contending team with limited reps and limited knowledge of offense. He did it in late November for the Jets when Chad went down.

You can't refute the facts. You are entitled to your opinion, but facts win every day and twice on Sunday.

Mike 1967 said:
BTW - why did you change your moniker ?
He's no longer on the team. Why should I carry the handle of a player no longer on the roster.

Rude

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
no, it wasnt

David

Honestly..............We both know you dont like Carter, so what are YOU still doing in this thread, honestly.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Charles said:
Once again selective memory.

Carter was effective when he replaced Chad Pennington. The Jets went 2-1 when Chad went down.

Who were the Jets counting on when Chad went down????

No one knows for a fact what problems Carter has right NOW and why he hasn't signed with any team, but the facts are he performed effectively when the Jets needed him.

35/58 for 498 yards 2 TDs 1 Int 2-1 record in the month of November with a play-off spot in jeopardy is effective by every sensible standard.

Especially when you factor in limited snaps, new offense and pressure of performing when the starter goes down. .

I don't agree that it is selective memory (I see that you still like to use that term)

Carter would always have an occasional game where he put up stellar numbers. Remember the game against the 49'rs where he got offensive player of the week...that was an excellent performance.

His problem was one of consistency.

Also, he went awol at a time when the Jet's needed him most. You cannot overlook this. Yes...the numbers you posted are good numbers. But IMO they are overshadowed by the fact that he deserted his team at a critical time.

I would also have to see consistency over more than just 2 games.

Charles said:
Didn't you just make this statement:

Just think......it was not too long ago that the largest and longest standing debate on this board was how good QC was.........and how you were a racist if you were White and did not think he was a good quarterback. Especially if you were white and from the south.

What are you insinuating?

If you are not referring to me or everyone then be specific because the above statement insinuates that those who defended Carter labelled guys like you racist when that is factually incorrect. .

It is not an insinuation. It is a fact.

The fact is that I was called a racist by several regular posters because I was white, was from the south and I had the opinion that Quincy should not be our QB. I know this happenned. I am not going to look up the archives to prove it to you. You can feel free to look them up yourself if you do not believe me or ask the Mods to ban me for making up false accusations.

I do not remember you (Qcard) being one of these posters. I do remember that you were very passionate about Quincy and that you were very sensitive to words like majority. You got real sensitive about generalizations. I cannot blame you on either count. As a fan you are free to support the players that you like just as I am. And I can completely understand your issue with generalizations.

Charles said:
Ditto

My brother lives down south (texas). He thought Quincy Carter was the worst QB he ever saw. I didn't label him a racist. By the way he's black ;) .

I don't concern myself with the color of someone's skin when it comes to thier opinion regarding who is the best candidate to be the QB of the Cowboys. It has not bearing. We are all fans.

Charles said:
Fair enough.

If so many people know what you already know then why was Carter signed by the Jets after they also had the luxury of watching the same games you watched.

If so many people know what you already know then why is Carter's name still coming up... .

I already said that I should not have used the word many. I did not take a national poll so I have no way of knowing if it was many / same or less. There were people on both sides of the argument. And most (I will use the word here) on this forum were able to debate the issue without bringing in race.

Charles said:
Those who called you a racist southerner for your opinion about Carter IMHO should have been banned. I have read your posts for almost 2 years and I don't think you are a racist. You are entitled to your opinion. .

Thanks. We are on the same page here....and it is the main issue I am concerned with.

Charles said:
Of course you can't bite it was a rhetorical question :D

I thought you "already knew". :D

Now you need more than 16 games? :confused:

I was a supporter of Carters in his first year. I saw enough flashes of greatness to give me hope. Although I did question his consistency early on.

But he was a rookie and it was his first year.

It was not until the second year that I began to really question his ability.

Charles said:
The facts are:

Carter is good enough to Quarterback a team into the play-offs. Parcells stated he lead HIS into the play-offs. Parcells didn't trust him to do it again and the presence of a viable option (Vinny) made the release easy. We all know he wasn't going to play Henson (2004 proved it beyond a reasonable doubt....Vinny's arm was shot by Thanksgiving and Parcells patience only lasted 2 Qtrs.).

Carter is good enough to lead a play-off contending team with limited reps and limited knowledge of offense. He did it in late November for the Jets when Chad went down.

You can't refute the facts. You are entitled to your opinion, but facts win every day and twice on Sunday.

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

I think Carter has all the physical skills in the world....but I don't think he has the mental toughness. I posted in a previous thread earlier this week about Vinny. I also don't feel that Vinny had the mental toughness. I feel the same way about Carter.

Either he cannot handle the pressure or he puts to much pressure on himself. Or perhaps he has some kind of mental condition....I don't know and I really don't want to speculate. All I saying is that IMO he cannot consistently perform in this league and it is not because of a lack of natural physical ability.

Charles said:
He's no longer on the team. Why should I carry the handle of a player no longer on the roster.

I'm sorry I made that comment. I let my emotions get the best of me and threw that out as a jab.

Of course it makes no sense to carry a handle of a player who is no longer on the team if you are first and foremost a Cowboys fan.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I don't agree that it is selective memory (I see that you still like to use that term)

Carter would always have an occasional game where he put up stellar numbers. Remember the game against the 49'rs where he got offensive player of the week...that was an excellent performance.

His problem was one of consistency.

Also, he went awol at a time when the Jet's needed him most. You cannot overlook this. Yes...the numbers you posted are good numbers. But IMO they are overshadowed by the fact that he deserted his team at a critical time.

I would also have to see consistency over more than just 2 games.

It is not an insinuation. It is a fact.

The fact is that I was called a racist by several regular posters because I was white, was from the south and I had the opinion that Quincy should not be our QB. I know this happenned. I am not going to look up the archives to prove it to you. You can feel free to look them up yourself if you do not believe me or ask the Mods to ban me for making up false accusations.

I do not remember you (Qcard) being one of these posters. I do remember that you were very passionate about Quincy and that you were very sensitive to words like majority. You got real sensitive about generalizations. I cannot blame you on either count. As a fan you are free to support the players that you like just as I am. And I can completely understand your issue with generalizations.

I don't concern myself with the color of someone's skin when it comes to thier opinion regarding who is the best candidate to be the QB of the Cowboys. It has not bearing. We are all fans.

I already said that I should not have used the word many. I did not take a national poll so I have no way of knowing if it was many / same or less. There were people on both sides of the argument. And most (I will use the word here) on this forum were able to debate the issue without bringing in race.

Thanks. We are on the same page here....and it is the main issue I am concerned with.

I was a supporter of Carters in his first year. I saw enough flashes of greatness to give me hope. Although I did question his consistency early on.

But he was a rookie and it was his first year.

It was not until the second year that I began to really question his ability.

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

I think Carter has all the physical skills in the world....but I don't think he has the mental toughness. I posted in a previous thread earlier this week about Vinny. I also don't feel that Vinny had the mental toughness. I feel the same way about Carter.

Either he cannot handle the pressure or he puts to much pressure on himself. Or perhaps he has some kind of mental condition....I don't know and I really don't want to speculate. All I saying is that IMO he cannot consistently perform in this league and it is not because of a lack of natural physical ability.

I'm sorry I made that comment. I let my emotions get the best of me and threw that out as a jab.

Of course it makes no sense to carry a handle of a player who is no longer on the team if you are first and foremost a Cowboys fan.
Cool bro.

We can agree to disagree.

You are not the only guy to sour on Carter after his rookie year. I think most sensible fans who really gave him a chance soured on him after the sideline argument with Jerry.

Gone are the days of Aikman. Next time we have a franchise QB and he is nearing the end of his career, I'll probably get into as fight with anyone who boos him. :D . It's hard to find guys like Aikman with the mental toughness to handle a team like the 90's Cowboys and the abilities/humbleness to lead 4 SuperBowl caliber teams.

I really hate this search. Hopefully either Romo or Henson step-up and put Drew on the bench

Later bro.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Charles said:
I really hate this search. Hopefully either Romo or Henson step-up and put Drew on the bench

Later bro.

We definitely agree on that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Why do you read QC threads?

Because I enjoy baiting the Quincy haters, of course... I just get a kick out of making them all apoplectic...

Do you expect to only see posts you agree with?

No, I expect to see mindless bias, expressed in an uncommonly vituperative manner...

You guys didn't let me down this time, either... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
You've completely missed the mark on what drives my venom. This has nothing to do with Quincy and everything to do with reverse racism.

I don't appreciate it when I get called a racist because I happen to have an opinion on an athlete who is black. I don't appreciate being called a racist because I am white an a southerner.

What does this make me ? It makes me someone who does not like racism...because that is exactly what it is.

Listen, I'll give you that a number of the Quincy backers were way too quick to pull the race card... now, I DID see criticisms of Quincy that were obviously based in racial bias-- "he has big lips", "he talks funny", that sort of crap that had absolutely nothing to do with his ability to play football WAS clearly rooted in bigotry...

So yes, SOME Quincy haters just had a problem with the notion of a black man being the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys... they were actually fairly easy to detect, they were the ones who regularly felt the need to repeat the most poisonous lies about the guy...

But not ALL Quincy haters' motives are rooted in racism... as for you personally, I have no idea why you hate Quincy (let it be known that I use "hate" here in the context of a sports fan, I'm not talking about genuine personal animus), and in all candor I don't really care... I will say that I have in my online past been accused of racism, and I reacted somewhat differently than you have-- I cracked up... I mean, I thought that was about the funniest BS I'd ever read... I guess I just don't care as much as you do about what a bunch of online yahoos thinks about my attitudes toward other races...

And my "opinion" on Quincy is being proven out because the guy cannot get a job.

LOL... perhaps you should wait until training camp starts before you gloat too much about that... there are LOTS of players who are unemployed out there right now...

So it is fair to argue that there could be other things besides racism which drove my opinion.

Perhaps, but have you given any thought to how completely silly it is for you to resent Quincy because some of his defenders tried to paint you a racist?? He had nothing to do with that...

silverbear

Reaction score
jay cee said:
yes it was.

I'll bet we can keep this going all day. :D

No, we can't... I made the post that you nominated, and IMO it might have been one of the ten best posts of the day, but not quite the best...

:D