Build the perfect defensive line with $10

Chasing6

Reaction score
You forgot ALL-Pro his first three years in the league......LOL
This is an honor from his peers, and players who play against him.

I'm not sure what standards or criteria you are using, but at least respect the guys who play the game.
I would pass all day. Watt + Carter. No brainer.

kskboys

Reaction score
At this point in time, Micah = Robert Quinn, a guy who gets a bunch of sacks but doesn't set the edge so brings a major weakness against the run w/ him.

Micah could be a HOFer at LB. He won't be at DE.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I'm not sure what standards or criteria you are using, but at least respect the guys who play the game.
You are better than this. Parsons has disappeared every season when it counted. The few big games he has played he has been pedestrian. You know this. Great talent for sure but he is a flawed player.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are better than this. Parsons has disappeared every season when it counted. The few big games he has played he has been pedestrian. You know this. Great talent for sure but he is a flawed player.
Parsons has 1 sack in 4 playoff games. Yes, I do think he can do better, but at present he is simply not on the same level as the top pass rushers in the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can have both Hendrickson and Crosby for 5 bucks? No way. And Wikins for 2? Who made this list, Gumby?

That makes it easy:

Hendrickson 2
Crosby 3
Wilkins 2
Simmons 3

Holy Larry, talk about the creator not comprehending NFL football. They obviously live on the media representations. And Although I'm big on having competent NT's, w/ Wilkins and Simmons the DT position would be so extremely talented they wouldn't need a NT.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Micha can chase his awards to the HOF. Pretty sure that is not team goal.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Parsons has 1 sack in 4 playoff games. Yes, I do think he can do better, but at present he is simply not on the same level as the top pass rushers in the game.
I think he is poorly utilized. The guy is not an every down DE. Too small. Arms are too short so he can’t consistently get leverage on OTs. He should be a weak side hunt and gather LB that rushes occasionally. Somehow the guy is a DE now. It’s so stupid.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think he is poorly utilized. The guy is not an every down DE. Too small. Arms are too short so he can’t consistently get leverage on OTs. He should be a weak side hunt and gather LB that rushes occasionally. Somehow the guy is a DE now. It’s so stupid.
He had 13 sacks as a rookie and only played DE 40% of the time. Why now go back to that formula.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry, come on man.....you are saying you know more/better than his peers who actually play the game. Mind you, they have honored him as an ALL-PRO not one but three seasons. But you are asking me/us to believe you know more than they know? We are not talking about the popularity Pro Bowl voted by fans but ALL-PRO. You basically saying let's toss ALL-PRO voting for all players and positions out the window, I know more. LOL......pretty strong opinion

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry, come on man.....you are saying you know more/better than his peers who actually play the game. Mind you, they have honored him as an ALL-PRO not one but three seasons. But you are asking me/us to believe you know more than they know? We are not talking about the popularity Pro Bowl voted by fans but ALL-PRO. You basically saying let's toss ALL-PRO voting for all players and positions out the window, I know more. LOL......pretty strong opinion
Individual Super Stars don't make a team. Micha can and is being doubled. CD can and will be doubled. Who steps up next on this team?

Especially if all the WR money is going to CD, and all the DLine money is going to Micah.

Then we just have to hope we hit on something complimentary in the draft, because we are not going to add an impact FA.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
None of the edge rushers are worth $4-$5 in this exercise for me.

Crosby - 3
Carter - 1
Simmons - 3
Hutchinson - 3

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Has the guy performed in December? How has he done in late season/playoff games?

Not saying I know more than anyone. Just saying this guy has a 3 year demonstrated history of disappearing when it counts.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Has the guy performed in December? How has he done in late season/playoff games?

Not saying I know more than anyone. Just saying this guy has a 3 year demonstrated history of disappearing when it counts.
You're right, but I would argue that there is a structural and possibly cultural issue with how this team has been built. This team has been known to collapse late in the season for decades now so it makes it tough to me to point the finger at any one person.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You're right, but I would argue that there is a structural and possibly cultural issue with how this team has been built. This team has been known to collapse late in the season for decades now so it makes it tough to me to point the finger at any one person.
Good teams and good coaching will take away your best player and force you to beat them somewhere else, unless you have built a team to keep them honest.

GM Jethro has demonstrated he can't do that.

If we could not win with CD and Parson on rookie deals, how are we going to win paying them significantly more?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good teams and good coaching will take away your best player and force you to beat them somewhere else, unless you have built a team to keep them honest.

If we could not win with CD and Parson on rookie deals, how are we going to win paying them significantly more?
I agree with this ........especially true postseason. More times than not, this creates opportunities for other players. I am 100% confident every OC game plan how to minimize Parsons's impact.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Agree completely. At some point having a deeper roster with 2-3 stars is better than having 4-6 star players and massive holes at other positions.

It's why I defend the KC trade of Tyreek Hill pretty heavily. I think any GM who believes in his ability is going to take 5 draft picks and an extra $30M in cap space over 1 non QB. Jerry & Stephen will pretty much always just take the path of least resistance instead of a risk to improve their team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

These are just words Jerry........his peers, you know, the professionals who play the game disagree.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Individual Super Stars don't make a team. Micha can and is being doubled. CD can and will be doubled. Who steps up next on this team?

Especially if all the WR money is going to CD, and all the DLine money is going to Micah.

Then we just have to hope we hit on something complimentary in the draft, because we are not going to add an impact FA.
You are implying paying Parsons and CD cribble us from adding "impact FA". Chase......when last time Jerry and Stephen added an impact-free agent that cost the top 10-5 money/contract?? I believe that would be Brandon Carr. We all know Stephen Jones does NOT spend top money/cap on outside free agents. I guess you forgot or I'm misunderstanding the statement.