But What If Scenarios

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our front office and coaching staffs are weaknesses in our organization and why we can’t overcome if we have weaknesses in talent in our most critical positions or areas of concern.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
All I have to add is this, SOMEONES butt best be on the line IF this team falls on their collective behinds. We as life long fan's deserve better. I NEVER want to see the disaster that was Denver as in last season. That was a winnable game, and JG had over an hour after the start then stoppage due to weather to adjust to what the rookie HC was doing across from him. That game just about made me quit for the season watching this team. Yes it was a home game for Denver, yes our young players went up against some really distinguished and top notch players, but that was only their D, the offense was exactly what we all thought about Denver and what ever the QB "s name was, JG made him look like the next Brady. I can take us dropping a game to some defunked we should win team, those don't matter to me as we can get over nd on with those. But that Denver game ended, and I told myself, this team not going anywhere near a PO this season. So with all that being said, I hope to heck JJ realizes it's beyond time to put Garrets butt on the hot seat, either in his office or over scotch and waters. He needs to know he either gets it done, or he is done. We all begin cautiously optimistic, but 1 or 2 games in pretty much tells you where this team's heart and heads are....

CCBoy

Reaction score
When Jimmy went to Miami we saw what kind of coach he was without the talent level barely able to get them back in the playoffs.

And we saw what kind of coordinators Turner and Wanestandt were without the Cowboys talent. This notion talent isn’t the driving force is laughable.

The NFL is a talent driven league. The teams and coaches who can assemble the most talent especially at the key areas of concern place themselves in the best position for success.

There’s really very few exceptions. Any why even the most legendary coaches struggle to win without more talent.

Great NFL coaches have a keen eye for talent in building their rosters. Not just in the 1st round but down thru the draft addressing key areas of concern.

Jimmy left to have GM ability...and after four years there in Miami and being GM, who was then doing his shopping...Walmart?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great coaching can elevate some like we saw with Parcells in 2003 uplifting a 5-11 team to the playoffs but still without the more elite talent that’s a short lived elevation .

Much like we saw in Romo era . He was able to elevate a lesser team team thru the regular season keeping us in contention but ultimately falls to more talented teams.

The Cowboys simply have yet to build a talented enough team throughout this era and consistently maintain it. Yes, we had a couple teams like in 2007 and 2014 that were good enough to make a run but when faced against more elite talent couldn’t survive . And where not being there consistently doesn’t allow enough opportunities.

Rodgers was in the the playoffs 8 straight seasons but only made it to 3 championship games and 2 Super Bowls. Being a consistent contender is the key. It provides more experience and opportunities.

Our franchise has failed miserably in maintaining that consistency because we don’t draft well year after year or only hit on 1st round and then don’t always make good FA moves and signing or releasing the guys most critical to our success. It’s a cumulative effort and why the front office , VP, GM and HC are so vital in the building and maintaining the talent.

Just for the record, Rodgers is the top talent in the NFL today. Otherwise, a team is needed. Dallas has an upstart team, and that is independent of when Landry or Jimmy were here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jimmy left to have GM ability...and after four years there in Miami and being GM, who was then doing his shopping...Walmart?
Jimmy didn’t have final say in Miami. He wanted to make a blockbuster trade with Marino but their owner wouldn’t allow .

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2787470-whos-the-talk-of-every-nfl-teams-offseason-so-far#slide9

Dallas Cowboys: Randy Gregory

Randy Gregory has spent more weeks on the NFL’s suspension list than on the field for the Dallas Cowboys. But the organization and his teammates weren’t willing to give up on the talented defensive end.

”Just like soldiers, when you have brothers fall the wrong way, do you give up on them? No,” Demarcus Lawrence said, per the Dallas Morning News’ Jon Machota. “We say togetherness, we say family for a reason. ... Randy is my brother. We stuck by him for a long time, and it’s time for him to ball now.”

The NFL reinstated Gregory on Monday after he missed last year because of a violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy. His inclusion in the lineup is a much-needed boost after David Irving received his own four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Because it’s been so long since Gregory took the field, some may have forgotten how talented he is. The 2015 second-round pick is a Gumby-like edge-bender with outstanding quickness off the snap. ”He’s got a lot of ability; we know that,” head coach Jason Garrett said, per the Morning News’ Brad Townsend. “But deep down he’s a good person, so it’ll be a good chance for him to get back on the right track.”

A healthy, committed Gregory opposite Lawrence will be a frightening sight for opposing quarterbacks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just for the record, Rodgers is the top talent in the NFL today. Otherwise, a team is needed. Dallas has an upstart team, and that is independent of when Landry or Jimmy were here.
An upstart team minus elite talent at QB and now recieving Corp. And that doesn’t include an unproven defense.

I’d argue we’re much closer to mediocre than most want to admit.

CCBoy

Reaction score
An upstart team minus elite talent at QB and now recieving Corp. And that doesn’t include an unproven defense.

I’d argue we’re much closer to mediocre than most want to admit.

But for starters, you don't have proof for any of your allegations...yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But for starters, you don't have proof for any of your allegations...yet.
You want proof for opinions. Lol
Do you have proof to the contrary?

This is a fan forum where we all present our opinions. Obviously you don’t like mine. Fine. I’m not really looking for your approval. Argue your stance or rebuttal and move on. Who knows we might agree on some.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You want proof for opinions. Lol
Do you have proof to the contrary?

This is a fan forum where we all present our opinions. Obviously you don’t like mine. Fine. I’m not really looking for your approval. Argue your stance or rebuttal and move on. Who knows we might agree on some.

No arguments on the pure basis of opinion...but if argument is desired, the specifics of issues have to be taken beyond a feeling. Just a discussion requires validation of points, beyond personal opinion as the basis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No arguments on the pure basis of opinion...but if argument is desired, the specifics of issues have to be taken beyond a feeling. Just a discussion requires validation of points, beyond personal opinion as the basis.
Not on a fan forum buddy..lol

Besides I think my claim of a mediocre team is an accepted assumption by most .