Buy into us in 2024, will you?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Words that came from our head coach last week, are you going to buy in as the coach said, or will buy in when you see better results?? Better results=consistent play/deeper playoff run.......Please give your thoughts!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
By the time training camp and the regular season rolls around the chest pounders will be back in full force making their usual bold “we’re going to destroy them” predictions. It happens every season and it will never stop no matter how many times the fans get burned. The wounds from the playoff debacle are still fresh but every new season brings hope for some. A few wins and fans will start getting pulled back in, once again believing this could be the year. I stopped buying into the team after the 2007 playoff loss to the Giants. I haven’t trusted the team since and won’t until they prove themselves in the playoffs. I don’t care if we win 15 regular season games I’m not getting sucked in.

HanD

Reaction score
i say no i won't but i know how my love for this team will be and i'll probably continue to be heartbroken. but each year i fall for it less and less and become more guarded. it's sad really.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much I do or don't buy in completely depends on what the roster looks like. There are so many players that need to go and clearly additions are needed in multiple positions. And I have questions. Is Quinn coming back? Did the Cowboys finally make steps to stop the run? Is the OL ready and will the running game scheme be effective? Is the locker room together and ready or will it resemble a broken mirror? I hate to say this, but ask me again in 6 months.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I’ll be watching every Sunday but I am not expecting anything good next season.
Even though we have had more success than the Jets, 1969 vs 1996, I think a little bit of Jets fandom is creeping into my sole.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I feel like I still need a true 'shake it up' type of move to really buy into 2024. This team with another year of drafting, adding a couple bargain bin FAs to replace guys lost really wont do it for me. Don't get me wrong, Ill still watch and post and experience the ups and downs, but I'm not nearly as invested as I once was nor will those ups and downs be as high/low as they once were. That's pretty similar to how I felt going into this season....excited because I love the game and the Cowboys, but the wins don't get me as high as they used to and I've become more numb to the losses.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
By the time training camp and the regular season rolls around the chest pounders will be back in full force making their usual bold “we’re going to destroy them” predictions. It happens every season and it will never stop no matter how many times the fans get burned. The wounds from the playoff debacle are still fresh but every new season brings hope for some. A few wins and fans will start getting pulled back in, once again believing this could be the year. I stopped buying into the team after the 2007 playoff loss to the Giants. I haven’t trusted the team since and won’t until they prove themselves in the playoffs. I don’t care if we win 15 regular season games I’m not getting sucked in.
I got so tired of seeing that, I've never seen so many fans so confident in this team during a game. It backfired really bad.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I feel like I still need a true 'shake it up' type of move to really buy into 2024. This team with another year of drafting, adding a couple bargain bin FAs to replace guys lost really wont do it for me. Don't get me wrong, Ill still watch and post and experience the ups and downs, but I'm not nearly as invested as I once was nor will those ups and downs be as high/low as they once were. That's pretty similar to how I felt going into this season....excited because I love the game and the Cowboys, but the wins don't get me as high as they used to and I've become more numb to the losses.
you've got to take this team one game at a time, Cowboys Win, "oh ok, let's go to next game!" It used to be yeeaaaaaaaaah baby we're on top of the world, come to find out next week we lose to a team that has a terrible record because they wanted to win more

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
How much I do or don't buy in completely depends on what the roster looks like. There are so many players that need to go and clearly additions are needed in multiple positions. And I have questions. Is Quinn coming back? Did the Cowboys finally make steps to stop the run? Is the OL ready and will the running game scheme be effective? Is the locker room together and ready or will it resemble a broken mirror? I hate to say this, but ask me again in 6 months.
Does it have to be done fully, or will you accept a certain amount that shows you they're at least trying