Image: By the Numbers: Pollard

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Here's the plain difference between Zeke and Pollard in terms of productivity as a RB.

Screenshot-2022-10-31-112222.png

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php

*Zeke has just five (5) runs of 40+ yards or more in 1,759 career carries, three of which came in 2016. Pollard has three (3) this season alone.

Ken

Reaction score
Here's the plain difference between Zeke and Pollard in terms of productivity as a RB.

Screenshot-2022-10-31-112222.png

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php

*Zeke has just five (5) runs of 40+ yards or more in 1,759 career carries, three of which came in 2016. Pollard has three (3) this season alone.
Ya, unfortunately, it is what it is. We have to play Zeke this year.

We just need bigger doses of TP. I believe that was the plan regardless this year. The fact that they didn't give TP more touches down the stretch last year was a crime.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's something controversial.

If you brought back Pollard next year and paired him with Davis, you'd have a more than competent run game as long as the OL as up to snuff. That's what smart teams do. They piece together their RB room. They don't invest nearly a 100 million in one guy.

Cmac

Reaction score
If you gonna do this, can someone run the tape of Pollard almost getting our QB killed too. Or, are we gonna bash Zeke for a TPollard fumble like we did against the NYJets and Sam Darnold if it happens again, while you're at it?.

JWitt came back running like his shoes were too tight, no YAC, and taking Blake Jarwin's time on field.......and I could hear the mouse do his business on the cotton.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Ya, unfortunately, it is what it is. We have to play Zeke this year.

We just need bigger doses of TP. I believe that was the plan regardless this year. The fact that they didn't give TP more touches down the stretch last year was a crime.
Especially vs the Whiners!!! That was Criminal!!

Havic

Reaction score
If you gonna do this, can someone run the tape of Pollard almost getting our QB killed too. Or, are we gonna bash Zeke for a TPollard fumble like we did against the NYJets and Sam Darnold if it happens again, while you're at it?.

JWitt came back running like his shoes were too tight, no YAC, and taking Blake Jarwin's time on field.......and I could hear the mouse do his business on the cotton.

Zeke 18.2 mil this year. Looks like he is running in the mud but is good at QB protection. Pollard 1.1 mil cap hit this year. Amazing runner, doesnt protect the qb well. Of these two, who should be held to the higher standard?

I could find a UDFA that can pass protect while Pollard goes nuts.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here's something controversial.

If you brought back Pollard next year and paired him with Davis, you'd have a more than competent run game as long as the OL as up to snuff. That's what smart teams do. They piece together their RB room. They don't invest nearly a 100 million in one guy.
This is true for 90% of teams!!

Shane612

Reaction score
But, but, but, Zeke is good at 3rd and 1 AND an elite pass blocker in the back field
Elite pass blocker on the back Field....:laugh:
Do they get paid extra for being an elite blocker in the back Field?

DanA

Reaction score
It’s pretty clear it should be 60-40 with Pollard getting the bulk of carries. Zeke has a role in short yardage situations and pass protecting if we’re getting killed by the blitz, but for the most part Pollard as a playmaker outweighs anything Zeke still has to offers.

Zeke is simply no longer a feature back and it’s time to pass the torch. I wouldn’t pay Zeke more than a 5m base salary next year as a backup/rotational option. He no longer has the juice.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke 18.2 mil this year. Looks like he is running in the mud but is good at QB protection. Pollard 1.1 mil cap hit this year. Amazing runner, doesnt protect the qb well. Of these two, who should be held to the higher standard?

I could find a UDFA that can pass protect while Pollard goes nuts.
Was it the salary again or the fact JWitt was an example in my post that got your attention? Or the aspirations to be a salary capologist? I like TPollard but to build him up by tearing another teammate down isn't the route I take. We know he's gonna be the man next year.....then we'll see.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
There was that one play where Pollard was supposed to be pass blocking and he went to the inside causing a sack. The announcer at the time (Aikman?) went out of his way to call it out. It was almost like he was trying to prop up Zeke by tearing down Pollard. I would like to see some PFF type numbers on pass protection for the two. Obviously Zeke is better but I don't think its the epic canyon that some people make it out to be.

Just in general, no one primarily looks for pass blocking out of RB1. Its running and then pass receiving. Cowboys fans only discuss pass block because its clear that as far as running and receiving, Pollard has Zeke by a mile.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Add it to the laundry lists of stats showing TP is the better runner at this point.

It’s obvious to anyone who isn’t delusional.

Zeke apologists always use some criteria that you can’t measure but eye test and stats tell me not only is Pollard better than Zeke but he is one of the best RBs in football.

Gaede

Reaction score
It's clear as day, really. Pollard actually gets us in the end zone.