Image: By the Numbers: Pollard

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can't compare those type of runs for runs. There would been other type of plays that Zeke would have got his yards. Or some of the power type runs Pollard only got a few yards on. Zeke would have powered his way through for more yards, and possibly broke a few long runs from that.

No, Zeke could not have made those cuts. But he he is not some Rb that doesn't have some moves either.
Fans will not accept Zeke still has some move sand speed, as they just don't like him for some dumb reason...mostly $$$$...take that out on Jerry, not Zeke.
Like I said, he would have gotten more yards than he's been getting, but not as many as Pollard got. That's because of exactly the reason you started with. His bread and butter is on a different type of run, and he rarely gets through the LoS clean.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Here's the plain difference between Zeke and Pollard in terms of productivity as a RB.

Screenshot-2022-10-31-112222.png

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php

*Zeke has just five (5) runs of 40+ yards or more in 1,759 career carries, three of which came in 2016. Pollard has three (3) this season alone.
That is frightening. Zeke has fallen off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jazz I cant figure out for the life of me why you who is such a quality poster has been so invested in this stance. OSU fan? I know we have about 4 or 5 posters here that are which is fine. Im a fan of using both but at this point its crystal clear which back has the most impact on the offense.

Zekes best attribute is getting tough yards and and blocking beyond that Malik Davis could replace him

Are you joking...no way Davis replaces Zeke. This is exactly why I post the way I do about this.
I am a fan of using both as well. And I was extremely happy for Tony's great game.
I take my stance because fans hate on Zeke for stupid reasons.

Both RB's have an impact on the game, but yet some refuse to admit that. It is common sense Zeke would have had a good game against that run defense. Again, those with agenda's refuse to admit it.

But hey, I knew this would happen over the next few weeks. The sad thing is, if GB's defense stiffens and holds Zeke AND Tony. to less yards. They will blame Zeke. It is just the way this place is.
I do the contrarian approach to counter all the hate...:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said, he would have gotten more yards than he's been getting, but not as many as Pollard got. That's because of exactly the reason you started with. His bread and butter is on a different type of run, and he rarely gets through the LoS clean.

And Pollard always didn't either ... until the Bears defense...
Tony got his long runs to the outside. Which Zeke does not get to as he used to. Hence, use Pollard for that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Did someone say pair him w/ Davis?

starfan1

Reaction score
Are you joking...no way Davis replaces Zeke. This is exactly why I post the way I do about this.
I am a fan of using both as well. And I was extremely happy for Tony's great game.
I take my stance because fans hate on Zeke for stupid reasons.

Both RB's have an impact on the game, but yet some refuse to admit that. It is common sense Zeke would have had a good game against that run defense. Again, those with agenda's refuse to admit it.

But hey, I knew this would happen over the next few weeks. The sad thing is, if GB's defense stiffens and holds Zeke AND Tony. to less yards. They will blame Zeke. It is just the way this place is.
I do the contrarian approach to counter all the hate...:laugh:

You took part of what i said and ran with it which is ok.Zeke clearly posseses ability to block and get tough yards better than any RB on our roster beyond that which is important what does he do better?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Can't compare those type of runs for runs. There would been other type of plays that Zeke would have got his yards. Or some of the power type runs Pollard only got a few yards on. Zeke would have powered his way through for more yards, and possibly broke a few long runs from that.

No, Zeke could not have made those cuts. But he he is not some Rb that doesn't have some moves either.
Fans will not accept Zeke still has some move sand speed, as they just don't like him for some dumb reason...mostly $$$$...take that out on Jerry, not Zeke.

You’re not dealing with reality. Bottomline, where’s the big plays? Point to them?

Last edited: