Byron Jones the worst in the modern era

Aven8

Reaction score
Since these stats started in 1970 for corners that played at least 70 games, Jones only has two interceptions. Two folks! Next on the list has 5 in that span. He hasn’t had an int in two years as well. Mind boggling.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It's definitely an anomaly, seeing as Chido and Jourdan have more. And Chido is trash and Jourdan has been benched almost two straight years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I get that the number is low but how often is the guy he is covering targeted compared to the rest of the league?

BTW, we had him playing safety for a couple of years.

Either one of those teams in the Superbowl would love to have Byron Jones. Losing Byron is not a good thing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I get that the number is low but how often is the guy he is covering targeted compared to the rest of the league?

Either one of those teams in the Superbowl would love to have Byron Jones. Losing Byron is not a good thing.
Agreed 100 percent

Aven8

Reaction score

Byron hasn’t been awful, he just isn’t worth a huge contract. Top corners intercept the ball. You don’t want Dak at 35 million, but you want Jones at 15-18 million and he doesn’t create TO’s?

CWR

Reaction score
He will lead the league in picks next year with his new team

Thats typical. Dbs leave Dallas and do very well, yet some dont think coaching is a big part of why we dont get turnovers.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since these stats started in 1970 for corners that played at least 70 games, Jones only has two interceptions. Two folks! Next on the list has 5 in that span. He hasn’t had an int in two years as well. Mind boggling.
Well then, we better not sign Dak so we can afford to keep BJ!!! Lol! I have to admit, he has nice initials.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Byron hasn’t been awful, he just isn’t worth a huge contract. Top corners intercept the ball. You don’t want Dak at 35 million, but you want Jones at 15-18 million and he doesn’t create TO’s?

Do they? Who is the best corner in football and how many picks are they getting?

snapper

Reaction score
I can only imagine how much more effective Jones would be in a different scheme.

The Cowboys defense (since Jones was drafted) is designed to not give up the big play. The CBs have also not received a lot of help from the safety position in some time.

I understand Jones and his lack of turnovers is low on the priority list, but I would love to see him under a different scheme (other than the Kiffin/Marinelli's) and see how he performs. He may not get the chance. Oh well, we'll see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just won DPOY and had 6 this season.

I need to see times targeted.

I think if there was a cornerback draft right now and all things were equal that Ramsey would be the #1 corner taken and he's getting like 2 or 3 picks a year.