Byron Leftwich fired

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Bowles can’t be far behind. They got lucky. The only reason they had a chance was Brady and buying all the talent they could get.

nobody

Reaction score
Leftwich is the fall guy and a victim of the same situation coaches were in at the end of Marino's career in Miami. It was time to move on, he didn't want to retire....so fire the coaches when they fail rather than look at the team's real issues.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Todd Bowles is a horrible HC and Leftwich isn't much better as OC

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't think Lefty was that great of an OC, but the timing of this is peculiar. I'm sure he will land on his feet somewhere else.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Arians probably played a big part in the offense while he was the head coach. Similar to Belichick having a big influence on the Patriots defenses and their defensive coordinators don't tend to do as well without his guidance.
I'm sure there's some truth to that since Arians was an offensive-minded coach.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Total BS. Left which was a star who had that offense humming and winning a SB before this year. No team was decimated on the OL like TB early in the season. You don’t come back from losing that many starters and having no speed on offense. No OC could have done any better with the garbage personnel they had. No run game and no pass protection….all due to injuries.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well, that is interesting. Two years ago after the Bucs won the Super Bowl he was supposed to be the next Gee Wiz hire. Today kicked to the curb. Rumor is Washington may hire him.

Why wasn't Brady fired

_sturt_

Reaction score
Educated guess is that Byron would love to end up working for the team in his backyard growing up (DC). Never been confirmed as far as I recall, but natural to think he was a Skins fan as a kid. But, yeah, the higher priority would likely be to identify the right fit, both in terms of head coach and likelihood of immediate success.

stinkface

Reaction score
One thing I'll say is that offense turned to pure crap when Cronk retired. Brady needed a big TE to work the middle and they had no one to replace Cronk. Bringing a couple of aging wide receivers wasn't the answer. Mike Evan's looked like he didn't care about 3/4 of the year. Suddenly all the wide outs looked old. That's management or coaching for both.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I've never understood all the luv for Leftwich and Bowles. How Bowles is still the HC is mind boggling. He isn't inspiring winning.