Twitter: Byron Update

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so of his 8 games so far and his outstanding play, you chose one to knock him on......and you think other CBs are perfect? was Deion sanders perfect? was Sherman perfect? its NFL, they playing against high caliber players...you win some. you lose some...you just want to make sure you win more than you lose...

What high caliber players were on the field Monday night?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Turning it over on downs, due to incompletions is turning it over as well, just not as good field position.
I'd like to see him improve in the turnover category as well, but I'd rather have a CB who doesn't allow many receptions, than one who has 3 ints per year, but gives up 6 or 7 TDs trying to jump the route.

He doesn't get INTs. He is a liability tackling and doesn't force fumbles. He covers well but he will give up the key completions on 3rd down. And there is no rule that says a guy who gets INTs is going to get burned for touchdowns more than dbs like Jones. I am glad he's on our team and that he's covering well but I am being realistic about what he brings to the table.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He doesn't get INTs. He is a liability tackling and doesn't force fumbles. He covers well but he will give up the key completions on 3rd down. And there is no rule that says a guy who gets INTs is going to get burned for touchdowns more than dbs like Jones. I am glad he's on our team and that he's covering well but I am being realistic about what he brings to the table.

He is far from a liability when tackling, the exact opposite actually. And he makes key PDs on 3rd down, he's not known for giving up 3rd downs.

Completely made up on your part.

And *** rule are you talking about? Doesnt get burned for more TDs than Byron? How many TDs do you think he's given up?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What are you watching? He's been the most consistent CB in the league.

cern

Reaction score
the disappearance of the pass rush isn't helping Byron jones. just makes it that much more difficult to cover guys for 5-7 seconds. I expect wentz to be throwing 60-70% of the time against us. golden tate will have a bigger game than dez with a new team this week. safeties and linebackers beware.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I have been an up and down fan of Byron Jones. He gave up several 1st down receptions on 3rd down Sunday. Disappointing. Overall he has played well this year for sure. But let's bring out the facts: 2 career interceptions in 3.5 seasons. One was on an end of half hail mary against Green Bay and the other was a tipped ball. He plays with his back to the ball trying to crowd the receiver which has its downsides including not being able to make a play on it. In comparison Tennessee's Kevin Byard has 10 in 2.5 seasons. He is playing tight coverage but he doesn't create turnovers. We suck at turnovers. We need more turnovers.

"Gave up several 1st downs receptions on 3rd down Sunday".

Byron gave up 2 catches on 6 targets for 29 yards against the Titans.

Reactions: G2

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
A CB like him is nice but it doesn't matter if the other members of the secondary don't get any INTs. They are avoiding him and then targeting any other DB and it's working.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What high caliber players were on the field Monday night?
mariotta, corey davis, not chump change. they are a 4-4 team, were a playoff team last year and beat KC in the playoffs....

and I guess since Byron gave up a pass, our expectations are is not to have ANY completions against him..and perhaps based on last nights game the entire Panthers defense is total trash, they gave up 52 points....

seriously dude....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
his primary job is to stop passes from being completed....great ones like Sherman, Sanders get Ints...forcing fumbles....less with WRs than RBs and QBs and doesn't happen that often in games....and his tackling was one of the reasons he moved from safety to CB....

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
mariotta, corey davis, not chump change. they are a 4-4 team, were a playoff team last year and beat KC in the playoffs....

and I guess since Byron gave up a pass, our expectations are is not to have ANY completions against him..and perhaps based on last nights game the entire Panthers defense is total trash, they gave up 52 points....

seriously dude....

First of all, those individuals are average at best. Let's not act like they are top tier receivers. Jones is doing well, without the embellishments.

gmoney112

Reaction score
He's a stud, and he plays every game.

These are the guys you keep. And he's ridiculously athletic, so he'll probably be good for a long time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Did not need help, Davis isn't a top tier receiver. Dallas has a way of making the opposition look like Hall of Famers.

You asked who their high caliber players are. I helped you by answering since you didnt know.

Yeah lol, sure buddy. Name em