Twitter: Byron Update

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What have they achieved to be called high caliber? I'm missing something.

5th overall pick from last year, playing at a high level, who has accounted for almost 1/3rd!!!! of his team's receiving yards this season. Thats not WR receiving yards, that's total team receving yards, as a 2nd year receiver.

Who are all these guys we are making HOFers?

ondaedg

Reaction score
"Gave up several 1st downs receptions on 3rd down Sunday".

Byron gave up 2 catches on 6 targets for 29 yards against the Titans.

And both were critical plays. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is having a great year for us. But Zone members have a tendency to annoint our players into hall of famers without looking deep enough.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First of all, those individuals are average at best. Let's not act like they are top tier receivers. Jones is doing well, without the embellishments.
so I guess Byron jones is average...he gave up a pass to a top 5 selected WR...lets cut him.

I mean seriously dude, you are just being stubborn.... even Cleveland browns complete passes against good opponents...even Oakland raiders complete passes against good opponents....its the NFL.....craapy QBs and WRs make plays.....its about consistency and frequency of those successes.....

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Chido has given up more plays simply because of the number of times he's been targeted. His coverage has actually been good; but it's the old Deion Sanders rule at play here. When offenses ignore one side of the field the other side looks bad because any and all plays made come over there.

If that makes sense....

Another cb that reminds me of Chido was Brent Grimes. Grimes will allow a lot due to his size but the difference is that Grimes was good at making plays on the ball.

Chido needs to improve on this because qbs will pick on him knowing the worst thing it will happen is an incomplete.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so I guess Byron jones is average...he gave up a pass to a top 5 selected WR...lets cut him.

I mean seriously dude, you are just being stubborn.... even Cleveland browns complete passes against good opponents...even Oakland raiders complete passes against good opponents....its the NFL.....craapy QBs and WRs make plays.....its about consistency and frequency of those successes.....

Find a post where I stated Jones was average. I said the talent on the field Monday night was average. Jones is the top rated DB according to some analytics; therefore, embellishing his exploits is not necessary. Not being stubborn, just not overstating what is happening on the field.