CFZ C-Money's top 10 QBs of 2022

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I think Josh Allens too high, hes still good, but he had some issues this year

CWR

Reaction score
The QB that led league in Picks, including Pick 6's, one of which was a walk off Pick6 in OT, despite missing a 3rd of the season..... is SIXTH?

HOMER!!!!!

The walk off pick 6 is nonsense. I don't want to defend him, but when you blame the qb for the ball bouncing off his wrs chest you sound so stupid I have no choice. Stop the hyperbole and make a logical argument. It goes further than the omissions nonsense.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You've all been waiting.
Subs on Reddit have been trying to predict it.

Wait no further. C-Money's top 10 Qbs of 2022 rankings are here!!!

1. Patrick Mahomes. I am not a huge Mahomes fan but you can't deny his talent. He is the best in the game right now and was in 2022 by some margin.

2. Josh Allen. No big surprise here. Josh had a great year. Played through a tough injury and is asked to do more for his team than most other QBs.
3. Joe Burrow. He has the best WR core in the league. He has great running backs behind him and with the upgraded line he improved. To me, there is a clear step down after Mahomes but not in this group.
4. Jalen Hurts. I'm not a big fan of running QBs. They tend to burn bright. Hurts also benefitted from the best offensive line in the league to great WRs. A top-tier TE and a strong defense backing him. But the dude balled out in 22 and was a legitimate MVP candidate.

5. Justin Herbert. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while now and for my official ranking, I'm going to give a slight nod to Justin Herbert over my number 6 QB. He edges him out in QBR, passer rating, and had fewer ints with more games played.
6. Dak Prescott. Prescott overcame a lot this year. He lost his LT before the season started, had surgery on his throwing hand during the season, came back, and brought this offense back to life. Once back, he lost his RT, Center was hurt, etc. etc. He was tied for the league lead in INTs this year and that hurt his overall ranking here but he is clearly in the top tier of NFL QBs.
7. Jared Goff. The dude showed up and out this year. 5th in QBR. 7th in Passer rating. Lost his TE to a trade mid-season. Had a historically bad defense in the first half of the year. His number 1 target was in and out of the lineup all year. Running back was hurt. He is right there.

8. Lamar Jackson. Again, not a big fan of running QBs but like Allen, he does the a ton for his team.
9. Tua. He could be higher but I think a lot of his success was smoke and mirrors that the league caught on to. He still played well in 2022 and deserves to be in the top ten. #3 in QBR. #1 in rating.
10. Trevor Lawrence. I'm going to give him the nod over Geno and a couple of others here at the 10 spot. One could argue he had the worst supporting cast of any QB in my top 10. True #1 WR? No. Elite Oline? No. Great TE? Nope? and he played like it at points in the year. But a soft schedule, an emerging defense, and good coaching helped get him in the top ten.

On the cusp: Geno, Stafford, Cousins, Jones.

Well, there you have it. My next ranking will be prior to the season starting.
The fact you listed Dak as #6 when he missed 5 games this season shows an obvious bias just as much as listing Jackson at #8 when he also missed 5 games and Tua at #9 when he missed 4 games.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking at this list i think we might agree on the ranking of 1 qb. Not gonna bash u for your opinion though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If someone told me that we had fans here that would pretend guys like Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson was top 10 QBs I'd believe them.

khiladi

Reaction score
This guy is using injuries of Dak and his teammates as an excuse. It’s clear his opinion on Herbert is worthless and he never really watched him play.

And I’m not sure what constitutes “bringing on offense back to life”, since they were 4-1 and playing conservative on purpose and maintaining leads. Are you also sure it wasn’t the defensive TOs that “brought the offense” back to life or the defense covering for Dak’s “timely” interceptions that prevented the opponents from running away with the game?

cmoney23

Reaction score
I think you lost some credibility putting Allen at 2 and all credibility with Dak in the top 10
Nah, my credibility is solid.

Allen is 2 but in a tier below Mahomes at 1. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 are all very close but I chose Allen over Burrow and Hurts because of his surrounding cast. He has less and does more with it. Plus the pure arm talent is far superior to Burrow and Hurts.

Dak is a top 10 QB in the league by my rankings and by most who aren't pushing an agenda. :thumbup:

cmoney23

Reaction score
Burrow is better than anyone not named Mahomes.
It's arguable. But again, it's close and to me I chose Allen over Burrow because of his surrounding cast. He has less and does more with it. Plus the pure-arm talent is far superior.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Little high for Dak even though QB play seems down this year.
Fair enough and a good point, QB play was WAAYYYYY down this year. It was close for me but I slid him ahead of Goff. That grouping, 5,6,7, is very close and somewhat interchangeable but I feel good about the ranking.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
That's right, exaggerate when you're made to look stupid and have no argument.

Cute how you're a fraudulent "fan" of the most popular team in every sport. Disgraceful. You couldn't fit "Yankees" in your username too?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
bottlekids and some others proved he is a eagles fan months ago… just ignore him in hopes he goes away

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Burrow is #2 imo and jackson hasn’t proven in the last year to be in the current 10…

i won’t comment on Thads brother as i will just enjoy watching others :lmao:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak played like one of the worst QB’s last season. Overall I think he has maintained his position just outside the top 10 but he needs a rebound year badly.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Lol it hurt his overall ranking and knocked him all the way down to 6….

I needed a good laugh.
Let's just say that Dak doesn't throw 6 of those ints. Let's call those 6 the ones that hit a WR in the chest/hands and bounced up or the WR runs the wrong route, etc. If that doesn't happen...

He most likely would have been 5 in my rankings and that 5th spot is potentially in the 2nd tier.

HOWEVER, those things happened, and while I'm not going to kill him for it. They did and it knocked him down in my rankings.

cmoney23

Reaction score
So why is rush not rounding out the 10 spot?
Because I'm not an idiot?

I understand football and what teams are asking their QBs to do... I try to look at the whole team and how the QB operates in that team.

Take Tua for example. Statistically, he should be much higher. But if you look at the team, offense, and what they do with him to protect him you will quickly see he is borderline top 10.