CFZ C-Money's top 10 QBs of 2022

cmoney23

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson does not belong in any top 10 lists except for running QB’s.

Stafford and Cousins and even Daniel Jones are above him, and Geno.
Stafford's sample size this last year is just too small... add that in with his struggles and he's not in my top 10.

Cousins and Jones were very close.

Lamar was 9th in QBR and was playing at a high-level pre-injury with a very limited offense around him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Nah, my credibility is solid.

Allen is 2 but in a tier below Mahomes at 1. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 are all very close but I chose Allen over Burrow and Hurts because of his surrounding cast. He has less and does more with it. Plus the pure arm talent is far superior to Burrow and Hurts.

Dak is a top 10 QB in the league by my rankings and by most who aren't pushing an agenda. :thumbup:
Sorry but when ranking Dak #6 based on the year he had in 2022 (leading league in INT's in spite of missing 5 games) that in and of itself is an agenda, especially when you make a subsequent comment that places a 'what if Dak didn't have 5 of those INT's you would have ranked him #5" is creating an agenda.

The fact is based on stats and overall performance Dak in no way is ranked #6 in the league this season. While some will disagree with the list of course you can easily say the following QB's had a better season in 2022:

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Hurts
Herbert
Lawrence
Goff
Smith
Rodgers
Cousins

Then you start getting into guys that missed games with injuries such as:

Tua
Jackson
Dak
Tannehill
Stafford
Fields
Murray
Jones
Purdy
Carr

cmoney23

Reaction score
Overcame the loss of his LT.. the amount of garbage on this piece of writing implies the LT position was an issue which it wasn't.
Interesting opinion.

I am a huge fan of Tyler Smith and think we have our next LT for a decade but to think that the injuries and struggles along the line all season didn't effect the QB is silly.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Sorry but when ranking Dak #6 based on the year he had in 2022 (leading league in INT's in spite of missing 5 games) that in and of itself is an agenda, especially when you make a subsequent comment that places a 'what if Dak didn't have 5 of those INT's you would have ranked him #5" is creating an agenda.

The fact is based on stats and overall performance Dak in no way is ranked #6 in the league this season. While some will disagree with the list of course you can easily say the following QB's had a better season in 2022:

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Hurts
Herbert
Lawrence
Goff
Smith
Rodgers
Cousins
Tua
You lost me.
You can say I am biased and that's fair. I'm a Cowboys fan. This is a Cowboys Fan forum.
But I don't have an agenda. I'm not here to get clicks, and views, and make money! I'm not pushing my podcast. (which I don't have) I'm simply sharing my opinion that is founded on facts and knowledge. (with my bias held back the best it can be)

I see your list and notice there are a lot of similarities. 8 of your 11 players listed are in my top 10 and 2 more are in consideration. So obviously my list is not a huge reach.

however, Aaron Rodgers being listed here is just silly. He's probably closer to 15/16 than 8/9/ or 10. He had a lower completion %, lower TD %, fewer yards per attempt, fewer yards per game, fewer yards per catch, and a drastically lower QBR than Dak.

That shows me that you're just searching for names to try and push Dak down.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
If Dak is anywhere on this list it is 10, definitely not 6. He is more like 12-14 territory for me.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You lost me.
You can say I am biased and that's fair. I'm a Cowboys fan. This is a Cowboys Fan forum.
But I don't have an agenda. I'm not here to get clicks, and views, and make money! I'm not pushing my podcast. (which I don't have) I'm simply sharing my opinion that is founded on facts and knowledge. (with my bias held back the best it can be)

I see your list and notice there are a lot of similarities. 8 of your 11 players listed are in my top 10 and 2 more are in consideration. So obviously my list is not a huge reach.

however, Aaron Rodgers being listed here is just silly. He's probably closer to 15/16 than 8/9/ or 10. He had a lower completion %, lower TD %, fewer yards per attempt, fewer yards per game, fewer yards per catch, and a drastically lower QBR than Dak.

That shows me that you're just searching for names to try and push Dak down.
I'm not searching for names in the least but when Dak misses 5 games (near 1/3 of the season) there is no way he can be ranked #6 just like Jackson and Tua (along with others that missed time due to injury) can't be included in the top 10 list. The fact is my thoughts on Dak aside, objectively he can't be a top 10 qb based on 2022 performance.
Can Dak be a top 10 qb? Sure, but you have to admit that his excessive INT's this season and still questionable decision-making, throws, and footwork after 7 seasons is either an anomaly or a concern.....2023 will tell us.

Proof

Reaction score
i appreciate posting an opinion with your logic and defending it.

stafford led the league in picks last yr and won the sb

other notable qbs who’ve led the league in ints

big ben, phil rivers, tony romo, trevor lawrence, drew brees, and brett favre. 15 is also the lowest number to lead the league of all time and in a 17 game season no less. it’s such a tired talking point

blueblood70

Reaction score
You've all been waiting.
Subs on Reddit have been trying to predict it.

Wait no further. C-Money's top 10 Qbs of 2022 rankings are here!!!

1. Patrick Mahomes. I am not a huge Mahomes fan but you can't deny his talent. He is the best in the game right now and was in 2022 by some margin.

2. Josh Allen. No big surprise here. Josh had a great year. Played through a tough injury and is asked to do more for his team than most other QBs.
3. Joe Burrow. He has the best WR core in the league. He has great running backs behind him and with the upgraded line he improved. To me, there is a clear step down after Mahomes but not in this group.
4. Jalen Hurts. I'm not a big fan of running QBs. They tend to burn bright. Hurts also benefitted from the best offensive line in the league to great WRs. A top-tier TE and a strong defense backing him. But the dude balled out in 22 and was a legitimate MVP candidate.

5. Justin Herbert. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while now and for my official ranking, I'm going to give a slight nod to Justin Herbert over my number 6 QB. He edges him out in QBR, passer rating, and had fewer ints with more games played.
6. Dak Prescott. Prescott overcame a lot this year. He lost his LT before the season started, had surgery on his throwing hand during the season, came back, and brought this offense back to life. Once back, he lost his RT, Center was hurt, etc. etc. He was tied for the league lead in INTs this year and that hurt his overall ranking here but he is clearly in the top tier of NFL QBs.
7. Jared Goff. The dude showed up and out this year. 5th in QBR. 7th in Passer rating. Lost his TE to a trade mid-season. Had a historically bad defense in the first half of the year. His number 1 target was in and out of the lineup all year. Running back was hurt. He is right there.

8. Lamar Jackson. Again, not a big fan of running QBs but like Allen, he does the a ton for his team.
9. Tua. He could be higher but I think a lot of his success was smoke and mirrors that the league caught on to. He still played well in 2022 and deserves to be in the top ten. #3 in QBR. #1 in rating.
10. Trevor Lawrence. I'm going to give him the nod over Geno and a couple of others here at the 10 spot. One could argue he had the worst supporting cast of any QB in my top 10. True #1 WR? No. Elite Oline? No. Great TE? Nope? and he played like it at points in the year. But a soft schedule, an emerging defense, and good coaching helped get him in the top ten.

On the cusp: Geno, Stafford, Cousins, Jones.

Well, there you have it. My next ranking will be prior to the season starting.
cousins has to go over tua and Lamar he finished the season in the payoffs and upright.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I'm not searching for names in the least but when Dak misses 5 games (near 1/3 of the season) there is no way he can be ranked #6 just like Jackson and Tua (along with others that missed time due to injury) can't be included in the top 10 list. The fact is my thoughts on Dak aside, objectively he can't be a top 10 qb based on 2022 performance.
Can Dak be a top 10 qb? Sure, but you have to admit that his excessive INT's this season and still questionable decision-making, throws, and footwork after 7 seasons is either an anomaly or a concern.....2023 will tell us.
So Dak can't be top 10 because he missed 5 games but you listed Tua and Jackson above him in your ORGINAL post. (Good to see you updated it to fit your new narrative)

I'm confident in my ranking and I appreciate your opinion.

I disagree but that's ok.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So Dak can't be top 10 because he missed 5 games but you listed Tua and Jackson above him in your ORGINAL post. (Good to see you updated it to fit your new narrative)

I'm confident in my ranking and I appreciate your opinion.

I disagree but that's ok.
The secondary list of QB's that missed games were not a 'ranking' for 2022 performance but rather just a group listing....so the assertion I have a narrative goes out the window.

cmoney23

Reaction score
cousins has to go over tua and Lamar he finished the season in the payoffs and upright.
It was close. Honestly, the one I'm probably least "happy" about is Tua. But stats matter and he was in the MVP conversation for a good part of the season. And that team fell apart without him there. This isn't just 2023 but they are 23-13 with him and 5-9 without him.

Cousins is a tough one for me... he is close he could fall anywhere between 8-13ish to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You've all been waiting.

1. Patrick Mahomes. I am not a huge Mahomes fan but you can't deny his talent. He is the best in the game right now and was in 2022 by some margin.

2. Josh Allen. No big surprise here. Josh had a great year. Played through a tough injury and is asked to do more for his team than most other QBs.
3. Joe Burrow. He has the best WR core in the league. He has great running backs behind him and with the upgraded line he improved. To me, there is a clear step down after Mahomes but not in this group.
4. Jalen Hurts. I'm not a big fan of running QBs. They tend to burn bright. Hurts also benefitted from the best offensive line in the league to great WRs. A top-tier TE and a strong defense backing him. But the dude balled out in 22 and was a legitimate MVP candidate.

5. Justin Herbert. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while now and for my official ranking, I'm going to give a slight nod to Justin Herbert over my number 6 QB. He edges him out in QBR, passer rating, and had fewer ints with more games played.
6. Dak Prescott. Prescott overcame a lot this year. He lost his LT before the season started, had surgery on his throwing hand during the season, came back, and brought this offense back to life. Once back, he lost his RT, Center was hurt, etc. etc. He was tied for the league lead in INTs this year and that hurt his overall ranking here but he is clearly in the top tier of NFL QBs.
7. Jared Goff. The dude showed up and out this year. 5th in QBR. 7th in Passer rating. Lost his TE to a trade mid-season. Had a historically bad defense in the first half of the year. His number 1 target was in and out of the lineup all year. Running back was hurt. He is right there.

8. Lamar Jackson. Again, not a big fan of running QBs but like Allen, he does the a ton for his team.
9. Tua. He could be higher but I think a lot of his success was smoke and mirrors that the league caught on to. He still played well in 2022 and deserves to be in the top ten. #3 in QBR. #1 in rating.
10. Trevor Lawrence. I'm going to give him the nod over Geno and a couple of others here at the 10 spot. One could argue he had the worst supporting cast of any QB in my top 10. True #1 WR? No. Elite Oline? No. Great TE? Nope? and he played like it at points in the year. But a soft schedule, an emerging defense, and good coaching helped get him in the top ten.

Fair list. I agree. Dak will
Be top 5 next year when he’s healthy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was close. Honestly, the one I'm probably least "happy" about is Tua. But stats matter and he was in the MVP conversation for a good part of the season. And that team fell apart without him there. This isn't just 2023 but they are 23-13 with him and 5-9 without him.

Cousins is a tough one for me... he is close he could fall anywhere between 8-13ish to me.
sure, but that leaves Lamar to go because he didn't pay at all to finish the season and cousins played in a playoff game and his WR was offensive player of the year correct? is Lamar better in some respects, yes but thats for his career as he and his team didn't finish well.. we aren't talking best qbs , we are talking best qbs for 2022.

Ken

Reaction score
You've all been waiting.

This is a much better list than Collin Cowherd's turd.

Still don't get the Herbert love and the ranking. For me, Dak is 4 but i would put him 5 in an official list out of respect for the year that Hurts had.

I also like that you show Goff respect...the guy is going to have a monster season next year.

Ken

Reaction score
The QB that led league in Picks, including Pick 6's, one of which was a walk off Pick6 in OT, despite missing a 3rd of the season..... is SIXTH?

HOMER!!!!!
Stafford led the league in picks last year and he was considered "elite" by you guys. Why the change of heart?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
YOU CHANGED YOUR POST TO FIT THE NARRATIVE OF THE REPLY!! LOL

Goodluck man.
The post was changed to add the second group of qb's that missed time due to injury but if calling people liars to reaffirm your list with Dak at #6 (or #5 as you said) then have at it.