CFZ C-Money's top 10 QBs of 2022

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is a much better list than Collin Cowherd's turd.

Still don't get the Herbert love and the ranking. For me, Dak is 4 but i would put him 5 in an official list out of respect for the year that Hurts had.

I also like that you show Goff respect...the guy is going to have a monster season next year.
LOL...so you have Dak at #4 based on his 2022 performance? Wow.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak played like one of the worst QB’s last season. Overall I think he has maintained his position just outside the top 10 but he needs a rebound year badly.
The worst qbs destroyed the Eagles and TB in the playoffs...

Ken

Reaction score
LOL...so you have Dak at #4 based on his 2022 performance? Wow.
No, i have Dak at #4 based on everyone's performance to this point.

Sorry, 7 ints that were not his fault factors in. I don't get breathless hyperventilating about them. I see what the issue is and it wasn't Dak.

Dak, in spite of losing his "best" wr and not having an adequate replacement, had 2 less TD throws in 5 less games than the #4 qb on this list.

Yet, he gets all of the excuses because...............long hair and arm?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Sorry, 7 ints that were not his fault factors in. I don't get breathless hyperventilating about them. I see what the issue is and it wasn't Dak.

Dak, in spite of losing his "best" wr and not having an adequate replacement, had 2 less TD throws in 5 less games than the #4 qb on this list.

@USArmyVet

You're talking to someone that bet me that Dak would have a better season than Mahomes.....

He's a troll and he doesn't really believe Dak is a top 5 QB. Ask him to put something on the line and stand by it and he won't.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Let's not go down the road of where to blame INT's as that can be done with any QB based on discretion and bias.

The fact is qb rankings will always be a subject of debate and at the end of the day is meaningless because all that matters is winning a Super Bowl.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
@USArmyVet

You're talking to someone that bet me that Dak would have a better season than Mahomes.....

He's a troll and he doesn't really believe Dak is a top 5 QB. Ask him to put something on the line and stand by it and he won't.
Dak supporters will always rank him too high and Dak detractors will always rank him too low.

All I care about is a Super Bowl and Dallas has not come close to winning in nearly 30 years.

Romo was not the answer and shouldn't have been given his big contract and so far Dak has not shown to be the answer and shouldn't have been given his big new deal.

The one variable in all this is Jerry as his ego has destroyed the franchise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak supporters will always rank him too high and Dak detractors will always rank him too low.

All I care about is a Super Bowl and Dallas has not come close to won in near 30 years.

Romo was not the answer and shouldn't have been given his big contract and so far Dak has not shown to be the answer and shouldn't have been given his big new deal.

The one variable in all this is Jerry as his ego has destroyed the franchise.
I don't mind Dak supports and most of them can be honest about him, but some of them are just flat out trolls that will seek out a player that splits the fanbase and overly support that player just to cause a stir.

Ken

Reaction score
Let's not go down the road of where to blame INT's as that can be done with any QB based on discretion and bias.

The fact is qb rankings will always be a subject of debate and at the end of the day is meaningless because all that matters is winning a Super Bowl.
Well...i posted this info with a link to Dallas News site but you will have to find it on your own i guess...lol

According to PFF, only seven of Prescott’s occurred on turnover-worthy plays. Half of them weren’t in a league where PFF says 66% of interceptions thrown in 2022, including Prescott’s, have been turnover-worthy. To be clear, that leaves several poor decisions Prescott has made that are fair game for criticism. He is not infallible. In the same breath, if an honest conversation is to be had, he needed 11 games to become tied with Joe Burrow and Davis Mills for the NFL lead in interceptions on passes deemed not turnover worthy. Burrow and Mills have 207 and and 84 more attempts than him, respectively.

This is an example of what I am talking about...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well...i posted this info with a link to Dallas News site but you will have to find it on your own i guess...lol

According to PFF, only seven of Prescott’s occurred on turnover-worthy plays. Half of them weren’t in a league where PFF says 66% of interceptions thrown in 2022, including Prescott’s, have been turnover-worthy. To be clear, that leaves several poor decisions Prescott has made that are fair game for criticism. He is not infallible. In the same breath, if an honest conversation is to be had, he needed 11 games to become tied with Joe Burrow and Davis Mills for the NFL lead in interceptions on passes deemed not turnover worthy. Burrow and Mills have 207 and and 84 more attempts than him, respectively.

This is an example of what I am talking about...

Again, PFF and anyone else can do the 'what if' game....but then we can say well Dak (or any other QB) is not credited with passing yards accumulated by way of YAC since they didn't actually throw for those yards, right?

Ken

Reaction score
Again, PFF and anyone else can do the 'what if' game....but then we can say well Dak (or any other QB) is not credited with passing yards accumulated by way of YAC since they didn't actually throw for those yards, right?
I mean, they track it for all qbs and he led the league in bad luck.

That isn't a biased stat...it is what it is. When you couple that stat with his historically low int rate....you can clearly see it is an anamoly.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The QB that led league in Picks, including Pick 6's, one of which was a walk off Pick6 in OT, despite missing a 3rd of the season..... is SIXTH?

HOMER!!!!!
Not quite a 3rd. That would mean we had a 15 game season. I believe we had 17 games this year but who's counting.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Geno Smith led the NFC in TDs and barely misses "the list".
Dak throws 15 picks in 12 games and he's 6th... lol/smh

Where did Davis Mills finish overall, I wonder.

No list is complete without Kirk Cousins being just behind or just ahead of Dak.
Always defer to Amari Cooper on this... lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You've all been waiting.
Subs on Reddit have been trying to predict it.

Wait no further. C-Money's top 10 Qbs of 2022 rankings are here!!!

1. Patrick Mahomes. I am not a huge Mahomes fan but you can't deny his talent. He is the best in the game right now and was in 2022 by some margin.

2. Josh Allen. No big surprise here. Josh had a great year. Played through a tough injury and is asked to do more for his team than most other QBs.
3. Joe Burrow. He has the best WR core in the league. He has great running backs behind him and with the upgraded line he improved. To me, there is a clear step down after Mahomes but not in this group.
4. Jalen Hurts. I'm not a big fan of running QBs. They tend to burn bright. Hurts also benefitted from the best offensive line in the league to great WRs. A top-tier TE and a strong defense backing him. But the dude balled out in 22 and was a legitimate MVP candidate.

5. Justin Herbert. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while now and for my official ranking, I'm going to give a slight nod to Justin Herbert over my number 6 QB. He edges him out in QBR, passer rating, and had fewer ints with more games played.
6. Dak Prescott. Prescott overcame a lot this year. He lost his LT before the season started, had surgery on his throwing hand during the season, came back, and brought this offense back to life. Once back, he lost his RT, Center was hurt, etc. etc. He was tied for the league lead in INTs this year and that hurt his overall ranking here but he is clearly in the top tier of NFL QBs.
7. Jared Goff. The dude showed up and out this year. 5th in QBR. 7th in Passer rating. Lost his TE to a trade mid-season. Had a historically bad defense in the first half of the year. His number 1 target was in and out of the lineup all year. Running back was hurt. He is right there.

8. Lamar Jackson. Again, not a big fan of running QBs but like Allen, he does the a ton for his team.
9. Tua. He could be higher but I think a lot of his success was smoke and mirrors that the league caught on to. He still played well in 2022 and deserves to be in the top ten. #3 in QBR. #1 in rating.
10. Trevor Lawrence. I'm going to give him the nod over Geno and a couple of others here at the 10 spot. One could argue he had the worst supporting cast of any QB in my top 10. True #1 WR? No. Elite Oline? No. Great TE? Nope? and he played like it at points in the year. But a soft schedule, an emerging defense, and good coaching helped get him in the top ten.

On the cusp: Geno, Stafford, Cousins, Jones.

Well, there you have it. My next ranking will be prior to the season starting.
Honestly its pretty accurate.

What needs to be taken from this list is just how few good to great QB's there are in this league.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Geno Smith led the NFC in TDs and barely misses "the list".
Dak throws 15 picks in 12 games and he's 6th... lol/smh

Where did Davis Mills finish overall, I wonder.

No list is complete without Kirk Cousins being just behind or just ahead of Dak.
Always defer to Amari Cooper on this... lol
Because this isnt about ONLY this year. Its an educated list of how good these QB's are based on their careers, not cherry picking.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Because this isnt about ONLY this year. Its an educated list of how good these QB's are based on their careers, not cherry picking.
Dude, the thread title literally says "top 10 QBs of 2022".
That medical weed is dangerous...lol