C Ridley a bust?

blueblood70

Reaction score
ok right its extreme sarcasm but. 2targets o catches....im guessing Gallup will be just as good hahahaha the best WR in the draft couldn’t help with Julio and Sanu attracting all that attention and a great qb. Nothing in the red zone. Why hes was projected as the best in the draft...if this was us he be getting flack hmm

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
They were also playing the reigning Super Bowl Champions, who, as we all know, are very good.

I thought Sarkisian had a piss poor game plan. I give credit to Dan Quinn for being ballsy and going for it on 4th and Goal, but the redzone playcalling was atrocious.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They were also playing the reigning Super Bowl Champions, who, as we all know, are very good.

I thought Sarkisian had a piss poor game plan. I give credit to Dan Quinn for being ballsy and going for it on 4th and Goal, but the redzone playcalling was atrocious.
Sorry no excuses they are loaded on offense and we dont give passes to our guys this forum claimed we should have grabbed Ridley no matter what no catches with all those stars around him, he should have been open all night,,

I am being sarcastic in way but this is the way this site overreacts to our players and coaches..

Both teams last night loooked like poo period lots of penalty’s, bad coaching, players making mistakes, and some ref also bad calls..

Sound familiar? Right others teams are not immmune to what we go through..

If Ridley was our the threads would be lighting up with whats wrong with Ridley or Linehan and Garett dont know how to get Ridley the ball etc etc..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Too early to call him a bust.

That being said, I felt like the guy we are playing Sunday, DJ Moore was a better prospect than Ridley.

We shall see over time.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its one game and the coaching difference in lasts night game was so much better for one team the eagles staff was way better than the falcons that eagles defense is real

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sorry no excuses they are loaded on offense and we dont give passes to our guys this forum claimed we should have grabbed Ridley no matter what no catches with all those stars around him, he should have been open all night,,

I am being sarcastic in way but this is the way this site overreacts to our players and coaches..

Both teams last night loooked like poo period lots of penalty’s, bad coaching, players making mistakes, and some ref also bad calls..

Sound familiar? Right others teams are not immmune to what we go through..

If Ridley was our the threads would be lighting up with whats wrong with Ridley or Linehan and Garett dont know how to get Ridley the ball etc etc..
Atlanta deserves criticism. They stunk. I was listening to Charlie Weis this morning and he was saying Atlanta is too goo not to expect to score touchdowns, even against a good defense like Philly. He said they didn't score a touchdown all the time when he was in NE (they were a ball control team back then) but that was their expectation and they were disappointed when they failed to do so. Atlanta should be of the same mindset with the weapons they have on offense.

It's OK to call a duck a duck. When something didn't go well, you don't have to sugar coat it, or sweep it under the rug. Call it what it is and fix it, or find someone who can fix it.

It's too early to call Ridley a bust. I still think he is going to a good receiver. But it is also OK if people are disappointed because they expected more than what they have seen so far. I'm sure the Falcons & Ridley aren't too happy with their performance, and shouldn't be.

I'm really not sure what you're goal is here, but it seems to me the goal is to get people to understand bad football happens to other teams so don't complain about the Cowboys when they play crappy football. There should be no excuses for Atlanta last night, and there also shouldn't be any excuses if the Cowboys start off that way. I'm going to be really disappointed if Gallup has 0 catches and he wasn't taken until the 3rd round. Conversely, I'm going to be really excited if he has a big game.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ok right its extreme sarcasm but. 2targets o catches....im guessing Gallup will be just as good hahahaha the best WR in the draft couldn’t help with Julio and Sanu attracting all that attention and a great qb. Nothing in the red zone. Why hes was projected as the best in the draft...if this was us he be getting flack hmm

I was not a Ridley fan.

With that said it's way to early.

Ridley was a 2nd or 3rd rounder for me but his college hype got him in the 1st.

This is why myself and many others liked the 2nd & 3rd round WR's better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I was not a Ridley fan.

With that said it's way to early.

Ridley was a 2nd or 3rd rounder for me but his college hype got him in the 1st.

This is why myself and many others liked the 2nd & 3rd round WR's better.

True story.

Michael Gallup is just as good an athlete as Ridley.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Too early to call him a bust.

That being said, I felt like the guy we are playing Sunday, DJ Moore was a better prospect than Ridley.

We shall see over time.

They were both kinda meh for me.

I liked them.. Just not in the first round.

Honestly... How much better were those guys then guys like Gallup, Chark, Sutton, James Washington?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
This is essentially the post I made a few days ago.

A player makes one good play he is automatically a good player.

If a player makes one bad play (or several in this case) and he is automatically a bad player/bust and is a waste of space.

I still don’t understand why people believe that 1st round picks are going to be automatically good right away.

Those people have never played a sport or anything competitive.

Atlanta deserves criticism. They stunk. I was listening to Charlie Weis this morning and he was saying Atlanta is too goo not to expect to score touchdowns, even against a good defense like Philly. He said they didn't score a touchdown all the time when he was in NE (they were a ball control team back then) but that was their expectation and they were disappointed when they failed to do so. Atlanta should be of the same mindset with the weapons they have on offense.

It's OK to call a duck a duck. When something didn't go well, you don't have to sugar coat it, or sweep it under the rug. Call it what it is and fix it, or find someone who can fix it.

It's too early to call Ridley a bust. I still think he is going to a good receiver. But it is also OK if people are disappointed because they expected more than what they have seen so far. I'm sure the Falcons & Ridley aren't too happy with their performance, and shouldn't be.

I'm really not sure what you're goal is here, but it seems to me the goal is to get people to understand bad football happens to other teams so don't complain about the Cowboys when they play crappy football. There should be no excuses for Atlanta last night, and there also shouldn't be any excuses if the Cowboys start off that way.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lol hating the falcons for not scoring points. I'm sure our offense will do better lol.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
True story.

Michael Gallup is just as good an athlete as Ridley.
I was reading an article a few weeks ago that had Ridley as the #1 receiver in the draft (article was from March I believe).

Sydla

Reaction score
Atlanta is a joke. Quinn is worse than JG...

There is one advantage we have over Atlanta.

As much as I get on Garrett/Linehan, they are better offensive coaches than Steve Sarkisian.

He's an awful OC, especially in the red zone.

You can't tell me that it's not a coaching problem when you have all that talent at the skill positions and a good OL and you can only muster 3 points on your first three trips into the red zone last night. And it's not just last night........... they had offensive issues last year too.